Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:50 PM

113 posts, read 140,438 times

Advertisements

Check out Titusville area as it is still close to the beach (about 20 min depending on where you live) and you can where shorts almost year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 10:09 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,753,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpafr012 View Post
Check out Titusville area as it is still close to the beach (about 20 min depending on where you live) and you can where shorts almost year round.
Thanks, but isn't Titusville more of a ghost town than a thriving vibrant community?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:01 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,118,590 times
My wife thinks Titusville is run down and burned out. I think she goes through Titisville to get to Cape Canaveral Nat'l Seashore so parts not on her route may be fine.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:11 PM

It's probably worth a drive through, at least on the way out to the National Seashore.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:30 AM

3,972 posts, read 8,104,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Thanks, but isn't Titusville more of a ghost town than a thriving vibrant community?
It has its good spots especially for older people, but if you are looking for a beach .......Titusville has the space center properties taking up its beach side. You have to drive out to the National Seashore which is actually quite a drive maybe 30 minutes or so from town. It is beautiful . natural so none of the beach bars, restaurants, etc. that you would find in other areas on the coast.

Friends have a really nice house there in a great neighborhood. If you like to fish it can be a great area. Also you get up front views of all the launches. It iss sort of on the upswing again with big box stores out by I-95, but still definitely small town living. Schools just mediocre for the county. As you drive through town, grab lunch or dinner at El Leoncitos right on US1. It is a Cuban/Mexican restaurant with good food at good prices.

Check out the beach towns in Brevard County. Still affordable. Not too far from Orlando and within about 3 hours from Tampa, Jacksonville, or Miami so get bored here and you can do day trips without a lot of hassle. If you get to Indialantic grab a slice of pizza from the original Bizzaros.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:22 AM

7 posts, read 6,703 times
Op, 1/2 the folks posting are prolly 60+ yo women. inbox me and i'll give u the low down. i'm single and know the read deal.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:27 AM

3,972 posts, read 8,104,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob77 View Post
Op, 1/2 the folks posting are prolly 60+ yo women. inbox me and i'll give u the low down. i'm single and know the read deal.
Well gee thanks. Trying to make me feel old and like we don't know what we are taking about. Yep I am old, someday if you are lucky you will be too! Just because some one gains age does not mean old at heart. I know where my kids hang out. Sometimes hang with them or the younger set from work so know a little about being young on the coast. But isn't this OP a person who is a single person in the early retirement age somewhere in the 50s, so might not be looking for places to drink with 20 year olds and teeny boppers?

Btw, OP, old downtown Melbourne area has streets with oaks, older houses mixed with big new ones on the creek, walkable for the shops and clubs in down town Melbourne. Not a lot of families in that area. Lots of festivals and some descent places to eat. Can even walk to the beach from there if you are a walker.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:54 AM

For the record, I am retired, have been for a while, but still do a little part time work and other things to stay active, but no fishing. And I am a single man who likes to get out for a meal or a beer or to hear some music or watch a game from time to time. I'll drive through Titusville, and wanted to check out the seashore, but from everything I've seen, that ship has sailed.

I thought I was pretty clear in what I'm looking for, and trips to Orlando aren't in the mix, nor is a builder's "neighborhood," but there's no need to pick at each other. Private messaging would defeat the purpose of sharing information - it's not just about me and this trip.

Actually, I am in Charleston today and will hit Jacksonville Beach tomorrow. Still looking for more suggestions.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:29 AM

67 posts, read 106,811 times
when in jax beach drive south along scenic coastal route (A1A ) through Ponte Vedra, Villano Beach and into St Auggie. there are stops along A1A (Guana Park etc) if you want beach access. To bad the weather isn't better.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:35 PM

26,817 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
For the record, I am retired, have been for a while, but still do a little part time work and other things to stay active, but no fishing. And I am a single man who likes to get out for a meal or a beer or to hear some music or watch a game from time to time. I'll drive through Titusville, and wanted to check out the seashore, but from everything I've seen, that ship has sailed.

I thought I was pretty clear in what I'm looking for, and trips to Orlando aren't in the mix, nor is a builder's "neighborhood," but there's no need to pick at each other. Private messaging would defeat the purpose of sharing information - it's not just about me and this trip.

Actually, I am in Charleston today and will hit Jacksonville Beach tomorrow. Still looking for more suggestions.
Have you made it down to Stuart yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida