Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 02:45 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times

Advertisements

Mid 30's here at night and right now it is 48 in Estero... It feels great. Hey Chelsa, come on down, then let me know how you like it from May/June till october here in Florida....LOL. It is the Florida version of winter then.... It sucks!!! 90-95+ for months on end.... Not a great tradeoff.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM

335 posts, read 939,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Mid 30's here at night and right now it is 48 in Estero... It feels great. Hey Chelsa, come on down, then let me know how you like it from May/June till october here in Florida....LOL. It is the Florida version of winter then.... It sucks!!! 90-95+ for months on end.... Not a great tradeoff.

I'm cracking up because all my New England friends are whining at my statements about it being in the 30s/40s here (I am enjoying it!). They say "wah it is 20 here with lots of snow!"

I welcome them to spend May-November at my house and see what they say then they all say it surely is no big deal....ha!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Quote:

May/June- that's if you are lucky. I remember February 14, 2009 walking outside in SFl and the blanket of heat and humidity hitting me - I told my kids - I cannot, cannot endure another SFL summer. it was about 80F at 10 in the morning and felt like 95. It trully is brutal.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Came back this morning

Quote:

as I said it was 5 degrees colder in NY than JACKSONVILLE. We came home from 2 weeks away and the first thing we did was put on the HEAT. It was 55 degrees INSIDE the house! Imagine that in NAPLES.

If I have to come back here at all, at least it is in the 50s and 40s (dare 30s?).

Winter it really isn't, but I will take FALL over Summer Lite any day. You should have seen all the people (snowbirds?) at Publix still trying to wear their shorts, tank tops, flip flops when it was 52 degrees outside. lol I didn't need my down coat, but was very comfortable in a fleece jacket, jeans, and sweatshirt.

Enjoy, Chris, Doggiebus and anyone else who likes "FALL". Please don'[t tell me how "cold" it is in downstate NY. I was just there. NOTHING. Hey, people. I am about as far SOUTH as you can get without being in the Keys.
Don't give away all your winter clothes, transplants.

I LOVE IT.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:36 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times
I lived in Deerfield Beach for several months before I had to move back to Indiana. I missed Florida at first, but now I'm not so sure. I loved the weather and mingling of cultures and nightlife and beaches, but I also missed the changing of the seasons and my family. That's not to say I'll never move back, but at this stage in my life it's not looking too hopeful.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Tan, as I said the temp read 37 but a wind chill of 19 - it was still cold in both places - heat stops people a whole Lot less than cold stops people - how Many times do they go around collecting homeless people because of the heat??? I'm sure far fewer times than in the cold - there is stuff you can do to cool off in the heat where you can still be outside - there is nothing to do outside to get warmer except go inside - I can't say how it will be once I move there and have adjusted to the heat - buy I can tell you that it gets to be 90-95 in NYC and guess what we still go out and function because we know it won't last long we hold on to that summer weather as long as possible - I like nothing about the cold other than being able to wear a turtle neck - cold that cuts your face - no thanks - I'll take a sun burn - see it is about choice -in the warmth you have a choice - tell me honestly that you want to be in 20 degree weather - for months on end if you can say that truthfully - good for you - I still don't want it!! I will gladly let everyone know how I feel about the weather hopefully by next year!

Old 01-03-2010, 06:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Tan, as I said the temp read 37 but a wind chill of 19 - it was still cold in both places - heat stops people a whole Lot less than cold stops people - how Many times do they go around collecting homeless people because of the heat??? I'm sure far fewer times than in the cold - there is stuff you can do to cool off in the heat where you can still be outside - there is nothing to do outside to get warmer except go inside - I can't say how it will be once I move there and have adjusted to the heat - buy I can tell you that it gets to be 90-95 in NYC and guess what we still go out and function because we know it won't last long we hold on to that summer weather as long as possible - I like nothing about the cold other than being able to wear a turtle neck - cold that cuts your face - no thanks - I'll take a sun burn - see it is about choice -in the warmth you have a choice - tell me honestly that you want to be in 20 degree weather - for months on end if you can say that truthfully - good for you - I still don't want it!! I will gladly let everyone know how I feel about the weather hopefully by next year!
I live in a coastal area.... about 2 miles-ish from the ocean, and about 7 blocks from the intracoastal. The breezes keep the weather milder near the coast than further inland. For example, I read that in 2009, Miami Beach had only NINETEEN 90 degree + days, while West Kendall had 137! 90 degree + days.

The worst time of year weather wise is late May through about Mid October, when the humidity kicks in. But, people who move to Florida and expect any different is about as stupid as someone moving to the desert and complaining about how dry and brown everything is. I have found that the people who obsess about the heat affecting their days tend to be older, more out of shape people. There are some things I don't do at noon in the dead of summer, but I can't think of a single thing I can't do at all in the summer that I have to "save" for the winter.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Thanks trim - I feel like I am beating a dead horse with how I feel - but what ever - oh and just an FYI to those who love the cold - I went past one of those signs that tell you time/ Temp - it was 18 & -2 with wind chill - I like a crisp night but that is just rediculous !!!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM

160 posts, read 498,904 times
Well having just taken a plane ride from Southwest Florida and arrived in Newark I can truly say I miss Florida

Even though it was a low of 40 in SWFL the afternoons were very nice and the high sixties and low seventies. In Newark it was 20 something degrees when I got off the plane and with wind chill it was supposed to feel like 3.

If you don't like hot weather, then Florida isn't for you. If you dislike winter and short summers, then Welcome Aboard

Old 01-03-2010, 07:32 PM

I'm aboard with all my luggage believe me!! What te heck are you ding in jersey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida