Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:54 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times

Advertisements

Other than beaches though...

What about the economy in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 11:39 PM

21 posts, read 18,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Other than beaches though...

What about the economy in this area?
Service based economy,Health Care is also big in the area (large retiree/snowbird population), everything slows way down in the off season (May 1 to October 1), the area is notorious for it's low wages with high cost of living,(also applies to most of the State) however,skilled workers like nurses,electricians,plumbers,do very well in FL.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:15 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perikitoperez View Post
Service based economy,Health Care is also big in the area (large retiree/snowbird population), everything slows way down in the off season (May 1 to October 1), the area is notorious for it's low wages with high cost of living,(also applies to most of the State) however,skilled workers like nurses,electricians,plumbers,do very well in FL.
Thank you!

Anything else?

Old 04-29-2016, 04:45 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
My mother works in construction and interior design. How is this market in Florida? Outside of guns my dad also has finance experience. Though he loves running a gun shop so much he might do that instead of going back to finance. I would be graduating college at the time, with little experience, would the job market there be friendly to me too?

What about housing prices? My parents are probably looking no higher than 300k if I take a guess, and would like a 3 bedroom SFH with a small grass yard for our dog, and close to the beach. Within walking distance or a short drive. Also I'm trying to persuade them into looking at a house that can park a small boat or jet ski out in the backyard... So I could use it They aren't necessarily boating people as my dad gets seasick pretty easily. However, surprisingly, he's open to it (never thought I would see the day). Is this realistic?
They will not get close to the beach with this budget in Naples. Also, you would need to check zoning and community deed restrictions about parking a boat at your house.

Naples is ultra conservative. I don't know about the gun scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida