U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 12:12 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,284,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Keep posting!!!! The more people you tell this stuff to the more that may be dissuaded from coming here thereby reducing the load on the state.

The people who do the research, contact recruiters and potential employers, check insurance rates, taxes, utility companies, weather, can base their decisions on facts. Or they can go to Nevada, Arizona, NC or Texas.
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 12:19 PM

882 posts, read 1,921,213 times
I didn't read all the responses but I'll put my 2 cents in. I have aunt's and uncle's retired on the west coast of Florida, specifically, Cape Coral, which may be a little more reasonable and less humid with the coastal breeze. Nice quiet town with homes reasonably priced and just a short drive to the beaches. I always liked visiting down there from Orlando. Anything inland, fugget about it if you don't like humidity.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,029,904 times
Things are expensive in Florida. For instance, Publix 12-pack Coke is $4.99 or around there when I was there. I come home and it is 3/$12 at Kroger's in Kentucky. And I can't go to BBB here for toothpaste, facial products, etc. But in Florida all the BBB have drugstore items. Not in KY~! We are so far behind the times and I'm in the biggest city in Kentucky~!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:00 AM

10,576 posts, read 10,796,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Things are expensive in Florida. For instance, Publix 12-pack Coke is $4.99 or around there when I was there. I come home and it is 3/$12 at Kroger's in Kentucky. And I can't go to BBB here for toothpaste, facial products, etc. But in Florida all the BBB have drugstore items. Not in KY~! We are so far behind the times and I'm in the biggest city in Kentucky~!
There are sales if you look at certain times, even at publix.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:14 AM

2,119 posts, read 1,362,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
It's difficult to say if your order is too tall without learning about your housing budget and how large of a home you want. My guess is that Citrus County might be doable -- but that's just a guess. Our insurance on a 2700 sq. ft. home in SoFla runs $5k a year. If you're considering a condo/villa/townhouse, HOA fees covering insurance and maintenance of common areas can easily be comparable.
Have you tried to get your insurance re-rated? Shop it around. $5k/year for a 2700sqft home seems pricey. I have a 2100sqft home that is pretty old (1979) and it runs $3100 year and my 5500sqft house is $3800/year. I would think you could save $1k+. Have a few different agents bid on it.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
There are sales if you look at certain times, even at publix.

I know they have sales there, but not when I go in there for my coke products. Kroger's is different. You can get coupons online which apply at your checkout, but not at Publix~!

Old 05-05-2016, 08:31 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,284,391 times
Quote:
I know they have sales there, but not when I go in there for my coke products. Kroger's is different. You can get coupons online which apply at your checkout, but not at Publix~!
There is plenty of other options to purchase soda at---like Aldi's

Old 05-05-2016, 08:34 AM

2,119 posts, read 1,362,294 times
Quote:
Publix has sales on Coke products all the time. Do you not see that it's silly to complain Publix is expensive by comparing a non-sale to a sale?

Have you even looked online for coupons at Publix? I mean, really?

Printable Grocery Coupons | Online Grocery Coupons | Publix Super Markets

You can print hundreds of coupons, as well as digital coupons.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
There is plenty of other options to purchase soda at---like Aldi's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Publix has sales on Coke products all the time. Do you not see that it's silly to complain Publix is expensive by comparing a non-sale to a sale?

Have you even looked online for coupons at Publix? I mean, really?

Printable Grocery Coupons | Online Grocery Coupons | Publix Super Markets

You can print hundreds of coupons, as well as digital coupons.

I know there are other places to get coke products and that Publix has digital coupons too, but.....I use to use them until the cashier would not take them from my phone. She called the manager and he told me I can't use them. I complained and told them it was on their site and they aren't from another source as he said. I had to take all of my groceries (a lot) over to the customer service desk to check out. Anyways, I do shop at other places like the Green Markets, Whole Foods, Walmart, etc.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:15 AM

3,552 posts, read 6,175,716 times
Quote:
I know there are other places to get coke products and that Publix has digital coupons too, but.....I use to use them until the cashier would not take them from my phone. She called the manager and he told me I can't use them. I complained and told them it was on their site and they aren't from another source as he said. I had to take all of my groceries (a lot) over to the customer service desk to check out. Anyways, I do shop at other places like the Green Markets, Whole Foods, Walmart, etc.
That is not the way digital coupons work at Publix. You go to their site. You sign in with your e-mail and password. Then you click on the coupons you would use or all as a just in case. The digital coupons are good for 2-4 weeks usually and remain tied to you. When you o into the store and check out, you put your phone number in the debit machine first. When they total the tab it automatically takes off the coupons you clicked on earlier. You do not show your phone. If you do the regular coupons you do have to click on and bring in to use them. There are also also 2 or 3 different types of Publix fliers that you can get coupons from right in the stores, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida