Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:23 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
There is a big difference between privacy/liberty and paranoia. You are just paranoid.
Just because your paranoid don't mean they are not after you. LOL

Really I am not paranoid but I can see how things could go very wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 02:58 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
That was I think 1 year timespan. It's a very low crime, expensive neighborhood. But since it's not gated, it's more susceptible to breakins. As you can see from the article, the low-lifes drive up from Miami to victimize the nicer neighborhoods. The gated community across the street is much safer.

However, there is almost no violent crime and it's one of the better family friendly neighborhoods around. But you can also see what happens without gates.
I notice you only included the gated area and the area to the west, what about the area to the east and the ones north and south of those three to make a complete square with the focus area in the center?

Old 05-10-2016, 05:11 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I notice you only included the gated area and the area to the west, what about the area to the east and the ones north and south of those three to make a complete square with the focus area in the center?
If you know the area, these are the 2 "competing" communities. Embassy Lakes and Rock Creek. They share an elementary school "Embassy Creek". Another issue with showing other surrounding areas is that they are "lesser" communities. So thieves would be more drawn to the higher end community without gates. I think an apples to apples comparison makes the most sense. But you can make any map you like.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:34 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
If you know the area, these are the 2 "competing" communities. Embassy Lakes and Rock Creek. They share an elementary school "Embassy Creek". Another issue with showing other surrounding areas is that they are "lesser" communities. So thieves would be more drawn to the higher end community without gates. I think an apples to apples comparison makes the most sense. But you can make any map you like.
So you're saying that of the eight areas surrounding the fenced in area, you chose to show the one with the most break-ins to prove a point?

Old 05-11-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
So you're saying that of the eight areas surrounding the fenced in area, you chose to show the one with the most break-ins to prove a point?
You are dense.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
FL has so many due to retired tranplants from the northeast who sell a house they lived in for several years, that they paid $20K for and sell it for $400K. Now they think they're rich and that means gated community. It's almost comical to see some of these people, they can be blue collar people from NJ, but now they think they're wealthy, and being wealthy means being rude to servers and store clerks(when in reality most people who have money long term don't act that way).

FL has a lot of "haves" and "have nots", and the "have nots" resent those who have more than they do. If we ever have a SHTF situation in this country, the "have nots" in FL will head towards these gated communities first, thinking(whether it's true or not) that's where the goodies are.

If you want security you can find a place in FL where you can have a quiet area, get a large dog, and a gun.

A paid security guard isn't going to risk their life for your home. It is nothing but a false sense of security combined with making middle class NE transplants feel like they're rich now.
The people who paid $20k for their houses in the NE are all dead and buried.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If you want security you can find a place in FL where you can have a quiet area, get a large dog, and a gun.
people in gated communities often have these two things as well......

Old 05-17-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sure do. We can afford bigger guns, too.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Strange - I didnt write that.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Strange - I didnt write that.
sorry, somehow my quote of another posters messed up there - not sure how you got in there.....too late to fix, edit, delete.....apologies again....I'm sure it was something I did wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida