Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 PM

59 posts, read 163,163 times

Advertisements

florida_native

Left Knoxville, Tennessee 5/2005

Moved to Pensacola, Florida (My hometown)

We endured the horrific 2005 hurricane season, where we went through TS Arlene, Hurricane Cindy, Hurricane Dennis, and cat 1 winds from Hurricane Katrina.

Moved back to Knoxville, Tennessee 5/2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 07:45 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,601,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
backtoFl--don't even bother if you catch what I am saying

Hey, at least you have & do LIVE in FL. Different when you live there compared when you are desperate to live there, huh?

We have 3 weddings to attend from June through Dec in Amherst, Northampton, & Hadley. One of them is at the Hotel Northampton in Oct. Cannot wait to see the mountains at that time of year again.
You make very thread so delightful don't you? If you know what I mean?

You have to have the record of causing most threads to be closed due to your constant hatred of Florida.

His information is important, he has been there and you have not. Once you move away and move back then you can post in a thread that the OP states is for those who moved back to Florida.
Maybe you should start you own thread on how I made a huge mistake and was forced to move to Florida.
Sorry your so unhappy that you attack everyone who want to move to Florida and those who love Florida but side in with anyone who hates it or didnt fit in.
Amazing to see your always so positive. Your post makes someone want to hurry up and move to Florida just to prove you are one or two out of a ton of people who shouldnt have moved their in the first place.
Your constant bickering with certain posters and getting threads closed because of it hurts people like us who sees threads a important information.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 AM

14 posts, read 64,369 times
Moved from Jacksonville in 2001 to Traverse City, MI (hometown), moving back to FL, Palm Coast area, by Sept...can't wait...never moving away again...love, love, love, the ocean...hate, hate, hate, the frigid North

Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,249,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
You make very thread so delightful don't you? If you know what I mean?

You have to have the record of causing most threads to be closed due to your constant hatred of Florida.

His information is important, he has been there and you have not. Once you move away and move back then you can post in a thread that the OP states is for those who moved back to Florida.
Maybe you should start you own thread on how I made a huge mistake and was forced to move to Florida.
Sorry your so unhappy that you attack everyone who want to move to Florida and those who love Florida but side in with anyone who hates it or didnt fit in.
Amazing to see your always so positive. Your post makes someone want to hurry up and move to Florida just to prove you are one or two out of a ton of people who shouldnt have moved their in the first place.
Your constant bickering with certain posters and getting threads closed because of it hurts people like us who sees threads a important information.
Actually 121804 is about as respectful of a poster as there is in this forum unless you are trying to state that a simple dislike for Florida makes someone a miserable and nasty person...

Why nitpick here??? What about the person just a page ago that said they moved from Florida and wouldn't move back??? Didn't THAT go against what the thread was about???

There are plenty of posters who your rant might fit perfectly, but you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. Respectfully offering advice contrary to your own doesn't constitute being unhappy...

Anyway, if we want to get technical and get back on topic:

I went to FSU and moved to Northern Virginia when I graduated. Moved down to Orlando to be near my college girlfriend and it was not a good move for me.... Good things happened there, don't get me wrong, as I got my life straightened out, found my career, met my wife, but the whole Orlando atmosphere and other parts of Florida that I visited (save St Augustine) just weren't my cup of tea so I moved back to rural Virginia. Hot as blazes today and this weekend but will be back in the low-mid 80s by tomorrow or Wednesday...

Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,476,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I went to FSU and moved to Northern Virginia when I graduated. Moved down to Orlando to be near my college girlfriend and it was not a good move for me.... Good things happened there, don't get me wrong, as I got my life straightened out, found my career, met my wife, but the whole Orlando atmosphere and other parts of Florida that I visited (save St Augustine) just weren't my cup of tea so I moved back to rural Virginia. Hot as blazes today and this weekend but will be back in the low-mid 80s by tomorrow or Wednesday...
If you use your noggin a little, you will see that "2 are the same" on this post & your efforts would probably be put to use better somewhere else
Have a feeling you use to go by another screenname, but maybe not?
Hot as heck here too but 74 by the weekend.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
If you use your noggin a little, you will see that "2 are the same" on this post & your efforts would probably be put to use better somewhere else
Have a feeling you use to go by another screenname, but maybe not?
Hot as heck here too but 74 by the weekend.
No, I freely admit I was under another name once upon a time... Haven't tried to hide that fact from the powers that be and have clearance Clarence....

Edit: Just caught your drift.... I hadn't gone back to read the entire thread until now....

Last edited by Rhett_Butler; 06-09-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 07:47 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Ok, you want to know why I wish I never came back here... You got it.

For one, when you live in another state and want a job, NO ONE will look at your resume unless you are local and can be interviewed right away, ESPECIALLY since the job market is a complete JOKE here in Florida since I came back. my resume is in a pile of 100+ others, and there is a lot of competition now since the unemployment rate is the worst here in 20 years... SO, as for lining up a job, no... I used to be able to send my resume to an apartment community and get a callback within a few days, not anymore. That is why I was hoping when I came back here I would be all set.

Now... My stepfather opened a restaurant in Fort Myers, during season, because everything in Florida revolves around "season" you know that, as everyone else does. Well, before everyone went north he was making a killing, now he is barely making it by, and has the place up for sale, VERY discouraging. I am working there just 25 hours a week just to get by. Prepping food is a lot different than what I have been doing for the last 14 years, HVAC repair. Making $10 an hour now, over when I was at $17 an hour.... Thankfully at least I am making something. I apply all over the place with rarely any callbacks... Great economy. AND I have an excellent work record, it's not like I am some loser who has been fired over and over.

My parents house is going into foreclosure thanks to the economy and seasonal Florida and the failing restaurant they put everything they had into. Another happy reason to wish I never came here again. And now I also have to find a place since they are moving, we came here to help them with the bills, but all to no avail...

Ok I did say I was not liking the cold too much, yes. BUT I had a good job there in Mass. with health insurance, and left that to come to the state with NO jobs. I thought I would have found something fast here, boy was I wrong. Anyways. Cold does not effect making money, and having a job, I would deal with that over being without a decent job. Sun, warm and beaches are not going to get me a job... Unless I want to live on the beach as a bum. And for the record I do NOT love heat, I never did, never will, I never said I love the blistering heat here. NEVER. NOR do I love freezing cold.

I moved to the same exact area I was in before I left to go to Mass, so that is no issue, I didn't need to research the area. I will not live in Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, or any of the big cities. Fort Myers is big enough, and bad enough.

I did miss it here, but since I came back it has been nothing but discouragement, one thing after another.

My daughter misses her school up there, dislikes the one they put her in here. My wife works for Albertsons which is being bought by Publix, and now she is facing being laid off in September when her store sells, and HAS to reapply with Publix, therefore losing her benefits and maybe her job, HAPPY STUFF RIGHT? Can I keep going? Yes. My car died after I got here, so I like a fool went to a car lot, financed a car, had it for 11 days, the finance company calls to tell me I have to return the car because the car lot forged my paperwork to make me get the loan... SO, I lost another $1000 for the deposit I gave them since I "drove the car" for 2 weeks. SCAM... Thankfully I had some money saved and bought a nice used car from a guy who felt bad for me and took a loss on the price I got it for. One nice gesture by that person I bought it from since I got here for once.

Bad luck and terrible things happening since I got here. I made a bad decision coming back. I could have dealt with more cold if I knew this was how it was going to be.

Anything I forgot to say? Ask me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I have read this entire post and see early on your posted about how you hate living in NE and cannot wait to get back to Florida. You even posted about your drive and your journey back to Florida. Now you do not like it?
It doesnt make any sense at all.
You posted about the freezing cold, snow up to your windows etc in NE last winter and you have been in Florida only 6 months and you do not like it again.
Why on earth did you move back to Florida? Not meant as a slam to you but did you pick the wrong town and area to move back to?
If you left NE because you hated the cold and loved Florida because of the heat and ocean like you posted, then may I ask why are you now not liking Florida? It cannot be the heat and ocean because you said you love it, am I missing something here?
I am sure you researched the area etc before you moved back, but if you hate the cold winters of NE and couldnt wait to get out and love the heat and ocean, something else has to be very wrong for you to only last a few months back in Florida?
Mind sharing because out of all the pages of this thread I have read over and over, yours stood out when you posted about you couldnt wait to get back to Florida, now you hate it. Did you pick the wrong town or what? Did you have a job lined up before you left NE?
You input is important because you are the only one in this thread that I see that moved back and dislike it.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,476,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Ok, you want to know why I wish I never came back here... You got it.
CMon now, BacktoFL, you know that the emboldened die hard will tear this to shreds to show you what a failure you are compared to their ultimate perfection & psuedo psycho anaylsis.

Don't waste your time.

Just move on. There are better places. Hope you get their soon

Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Thanks 121804... I know, you are right. I could care less what they think anyways. Must be nice to be perfect!!! I'm just sick of a couple people on here talking me down, and one of them was in my shoes too...

I am looking to the future in 6 long months when I get my next ship out of FL. I'm on my way!!!

Thankfully I have understanding people on here such as you to put some positive in this. I appreciate it.

Quote:
CMon now, BacktoFL, you know that the emboldened die hard will tear this to shreds to show you what a failure you are compared to their ultimate perfection & psuedo psycho anaylsis.

Don't waste your time.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Don't waste your time.

Why don't you allow PMs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida