Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 03:18 PM

30,137 posts, read 20,850,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
In the very next sentence.

That is all thanks to a nasty 86 to 91 gulf water temps and a displaced high pressure system with the axis south of the Tampa area. No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern.

Keep digging.
Again drink another one. The axis of the high is south us. So what does this have to do with you saying i said there is a weather pattern south of the Tampa area. You have no clue about weather or even know what the axis of high pressure means.

Keep tipping that glass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 03:20 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,478,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
"No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern" is why I mentioned a westerly, over warm water wind. There it really didnt matter where the wind came from, it was extremely hunid and hot in the summer. I lived a couple hundred yards from the beach and the breezes were no help there. Orlando feels the same way in summer.

Flowers and plants are more environmentally better than grass. Less fertilizers, no need to fire up a gas powered mower.
I found that a peculiar statement about the planet as well.
I don't find Florida's weather particularly unique.It reminds me a lot of Mexico,parts of the Caribbean and such like.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:54 PM

Well you guys can hem and haw all ya want, i am gonna go throw some sterks on the grill jill.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
"No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern" is why I mentioned a westerly, over warm water wind. There it really didnt matter where the wind came from, it was extremely hunid and hot in the summer. I lived a couple hundred yards from the beach and the breezes were no help there. Orlando feels the same way in summer.

Flowers and plants are more environmentally better than grass. Less fertilizers, no need to fire up a gas powered mower.
Well we agree about the breeze at least. When water temps are so hot any breeze blowing off of it does no good. Now in early March when the gulf temp is around 60 you can for sure feel a diff in the temp where i live. But when the gulf temp is 90 during the summer a breeze just adds more humidty. Kinda like putting a fan in a steam bath.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:43 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,009,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Well we agree about the breeze at least. When water temps are so hot any breeze blowing off of it does no good. Now in early March when the gulf temp is around 60 you can for sure feel a diff in the temp where i live. But when the gulf temp is 90 during the summer a breeze just adds more humidty. Kinda like putting a fan in a steam bath.
Absolutely agree.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:46 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,067,649 times
Quote:
Exactly...my 3 months of Florida hell from June to August were that every day.

..so funny reading Florida folks take on weather comparison. Yes..it DOES get just as hot and humid in the north ... for a few days. If you are not near a pool or an air conditioner you are screwed in Florida in summer...at least the north gets cool downs and breaks constantly from the heat.

That said if you love that weather and you like the mild winters (which are of course a big plus) then you are good to go. But MOST people underestimate the length and severity of the Florida summer. Saying its just as hot in the other places is just laughable.

But makes for some funny reading ...

Old 05-30-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
But MOST people underestimate the length and severity of the Florida summer. Saying its just as hot in the other places is just laughable.
But it is just as hot as many other places.
Those other places just seem to have people better equipped to deal with it rather than whiners who live under A/C 24/7 and won't venture out in case they break out into a sweat.
You'd swear there was tumbleweed rolling down most streets because so few people are able to function in hot and humid weather.
Not where I live there isn't because most people are grateful for the weather because it allows them to get outdoors and have a life.
Just checked my local beach on the webcam where I'm heading soon and it's BUSY.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
But it is just as hot as many other places.
Those other places just seem to have people better equipped to deal with it rather than whiners who live under A/C 24/7 and won't venture out in case they break out into a sweat.
You'd swear there was tumbleweed rolling down most streets because so few people are able to function in hot and humid weather.
Not where I live there isn't because most people are grateful for the weather because it allows them to get outdoors and have a life.
Just checked my local beach on the webcam where I'm heading soon and it's BUSY.
Most peeps don't live in a dream world. Just as well face the fact that not everyone likes the kind of weather you do and plenty of people don't like the kind of weather i do. I sure as heck don't like beaches or the kind of people that are on them.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Most peeps don't live in a dream world. Just as well face the fact that not everyone likes the kind of weather you do and plenty of people don't like the kind of weather i do. I sure as heck don't like beaches or the kind of people that are on them.
Who are these " kind of people " that are on beaches you don't like ?
The one I'm on now is full of ordinary folk with their kids having a great time.
You are,if you don't mind me saying ***MOD CUT***
You don't like hot weather,you don't like beaches and you don't like the " kind of people " that are on them.You must hate living in Florida.
***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-31-2016 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed

Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,570,350 times
Inland Florida is much more hot and humid than anywhere on the coast. The temperature is also higher on the west coast in the summer. Prevailing winds usually blow from east to west.
Closer to the beach is better in the summer on the east coast.
Bottom line: if you can't handle humidity don't move here. It's hot and humid and Air conditioning isn't just an option. It's a necessity....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida