U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 10:02 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,490,356 times

Advertisements

Yaaaaa.... Don't hang your clothes on a line in Florida lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:17 AM

706 posts, read 456,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Yaaaaa.... Don't hang your clothes on a line in Florida lol
Lol. Yeah, I figured as much. I'm keeping my eye on the sky here, as it is. Many times I've had to haul a** to get my clothes off the line when a rain storm blows through.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 PM

3,737 posts, read 2,968,480 times
Well, one thing to consider there is that much of city vs. region population stats sometimes messes up the picture. For example, so much of El Paso city is suburban in nature, that it has received that distinction (smart urban planning thinking in a way I believe). So, while Orlando and El Paso both feel equally unsafe in certain areas, and equally where safety isn't even a concern in many areas, El Paso gets better marks for that as city population is 681K, larger than Washington DC, Boston, Miami or Atlanta (LOL. Seems Legit...)... But bottomline is, it's big enough and diverse enough of a city that safety wouldn't be a concern, despite being located across from Juarez.

As per poster commenting on inland vs. coastal humidity, I'd agree that there's generally a slight difference. I think wind probably helps temperature also, depending on the day. But, it also comes down to what you personally prefer. For me, the thing I dislike most about summer is that feeling of the sun basically having the same relationship with you when out in it that a microscope can have to an ant. So, bicycling the Cross Seminole Trail (which is in the Orlando area and mostly shaded, plus having the breeze that naturally comes with being on a bike), is personally more refreshing for me than swimming out in the Gulf or Ocean.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:27 PM

13,572 posts, read 9,251,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
^^ This. I wouldn't want to be too far inland, but it is nice by the coast.
It's sure not nice by my coast and i am less than a 1/4 mile from the gulf. I see much less rain than anyone inland of me and much more sunshine thanks to a never ending west wind.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:43 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,384,761 times
I live beachside on the east coast of Florida. Beachside is the little strip of land between the Atlantic and the intercoastal waterway. It is a lot more comfortable beachside than 5 miles inland.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:55 AM

3,631 posts, read 1,987,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
I live beachside on the east coast of Florida. Beachside is the little strip of land between the Atlantic and the intercoastal waterway. It is a lot more comfortable beachside than 5 miles inland.
Yup,I live on the water too and I'm out every single day of the summer enjoying the great weather.
I rarely have the A/C on during the day and rely on breeze,shade and fans to keep my house at a reasonable comfort position.
Why people who complain constantly about the weather don't just up sticks and move somewhere colder is beyond me although they'd probably start complaining about the cold when they get there.
Some people just like complaining I guess.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Yup,I live on the water too and I'm out every single day of the summer enjoying the great weather.
I rarely have the A/C on during the day and rely on breeze,shade and fans to keep my house at a reasonable comfort position.
Why people who complain constantly about the weather don't just up sticks and move somewhere colder is beyond me although they'd probably start complaining about the cold when they get there.
Some people just like complaining I guess.
I think it's just a matter of personal tastes and circumstances. My own brother is the opposite of me and would love to live in Alaska (through circumstance he is in Texas--go figure). Some people can't take the harsh heat/humidity, but may not be in a position to leave FL. I myself am stuck where I live for now, and I guarantee that I'm not going to stop complaining about winter for the rest of my stay here. Lol.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Well, one thing to consider there is that much of city vs. region population stats sometimes messes up the picture. For example, so much of El Paso city is suburban in nature, that it has received that distinction (smart urban planning thinking in a way I believe). So, while Orlando and El Paso both feel equally unsafe in certain areas, and equally where safety isn't even a concern in many areas, El Paso gets better marks for that as city population is 681K, larger than Washington DC, Boston, Miami or Atlanta (LOL. Seems Legit...)... But bottomline is, it's big enough and diverse enough of a city that safety wouldn't be a concern, despite being located across from Juarez.

As per poster commenting on inland vs. coastal humidity, I'd agree that there's generally a slight difference. I think wind probably helps temperature also, depending on the day. But, it also comes down to what you personally prefer. For me, the thing I dislike most about summer is that feeling of the sun basically having the same relationship with you when out in it that a microscope can have to an ant. So, bicycling the Cross Seminole Trail (which is in the Orlando area and mostly shaded, plus having the breeze that naturally comes with being on a bike), is personally more refreshing for me than swimming out in the Gulf or Ocean.
Thanks again for your input.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:50 PM

391 posts, read 568,423 times
Actually most of Florida is very dry compared to basically any place in Europe. Orlando is drier than Athens, which is the driest city in Europe.

There is no difference in humidity between Florida and New York.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:20 PM

3,584 posts, read 2,490,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
Actually most of Florida is very dry compared to basically any place in Europe. Orlando is drier than Athens, which is the driest city in Europe.

There is no difference in humidity between Florida and New York.

Florida is the most humid state in the USA. There's a big difference in humidity (and more importantly dew point) between NY and FL

* Source http://climatecenter.fsu.edu/topics/humidity

In addition to Dew Point, the heat index measurement gives us an idea of "felt" temperature as it relates to your bodies ability to cool itself. Hotter air has the ability to hold more vapor, limiting your ability to cool off.

tldr: Florida is HOT AS HELL :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or