Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 PM

4 posts, read 16,359 times

Advertisements

I am considering to relocate to palm coast (or arizona - still debating)from NY ( getting to pricey plus hate the cold) but I hear the cost of living in florida is comparable in some things and the salaries have not caught up. Is that true and if so/not, in palm coast?

I have read the pros and cons of palm coast and read that this was a good time to buy....Has the housing drop that much and do you think it would drop some more? I also read people are leaving florida and there are so many foreclosures. Is that true of palm coast? I just don't want to buy (even though the housing prices are low) only to find out that the property value will never go up. I live in NY and our property lost some value not much and I know the property will never devalue below what I have purchased it for in the future here. It's just to expensive to live here. My price range would be to spend around 150 - 230's. Would love an area that wouldn't lose it's value..

Also, what hospitals are nearby and which would be considered JACO accredited? I know salary is much less but can anyone tell me the ball park salary of a 15 year nurse? Which hospitals would be better to look into for a job there? (tuition rem, CEU credits, good benefit package, good reputation)

I have 2 children, 21 months and 6 yrs old.....how are the schools there? Teacher;student ratio? Any programs for special needs/disabilty children? after school programs? any activities for children aside from after school activites? preschool info? Is kinderarten full day or half day?

Sorry for the long list of inquiries.....So hard to make decisions when you have a whole load of family to consider......any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 AM

375 posts, read 912,779 times
Default check out PA

i know it's still cold, but I keep hearing good things about special needs in PA. Try NC as well. Fl has flexibility in terms of schooling(virtual/half days, ect), but pretty much follows the same nationwide plan in terms of IDEA, IEP's and 504's. You may want to look at Brevard Co as well, I know they have lots of special needs services in their schools. Brevard is further down the coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida