U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 AM

1,468 posts, read 3,860,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Oh no! I bet you hear squeaking sounds at night coming from that door in the barn where you have that door stop!!!!

Like Lolita, I wish I never read this...I'm outta here!!!!

j/k
We keep it in our bedroom. Let me tell you, my wife when she first saw it was a little freaked out about it but now feels like it is good luck, like we have someone watching over us. I know, it sounds nuts. After this little thread it has gotten me thinking, I am going to make every effort to find out who this person was who I have lived with for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 AM

3,225 posts, read 7,179,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
We keep it in our bedroom. Let me tell you, my wife when she first saw it was a little freaked out about it but now feels like it is good luck, like we have someone watching over us. I know, it sounds nuts. After this little thread it has gotten me thinking, I am going to make every effort to find out who this person was who I have lived with for so long.
Grave marker as bedroom door stop? Someone watching over the two of you in that bedroom? It's good luck?

Wow, mango, don't wanna take the thread in another direction (lol).

Hey, good luck in discovering the identity of that additional party hanging with you and your family!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,749,035 times
Quote:
We were having a yard sale once and an old lady stopped by. She told us she had lived in the cottage on the property in the early 40's with her parents. She made a strange comment. She said when she was a little girl she always felt safe here, it had good spirits. It was a strange comment I thought.
Really, really weird & creepy. In the remote case that she was a spirit, she seems to be hanging around the yard and probably not inside the house, but I guess she was just trying to tell you that she is the "good spirit" and that you are safe. The "presence" we felt was very angry at some people, but the weird thing is that he seemed to be friendly to some of us(the ones that didn't hurt him when he was alive) I know it sounds like crazy talk, but when you see stuff like that, you start believing the unbelievable. Trust me I don't want to believe that there's a chance I'm gonna be lingering on earth after I die. That's the thing that really scares me. I prefer the heaven/hell option please.

I wouldn't bother to go to a haunted house though, I don't think that's the way it works

Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 PM

33 posts, read 80,398 times
I remember on the old tv show Unsolved Mysteries, it was claimed some house in Lake Wales was haunted. In fact the person who lived in the house and first started making the claims, still lives in Lake Wales, but I think has since moved out the house.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo555 View Post
I remember on the old tv show Unsolved Mysteries, it was claimed some house in Lake Wales was haunted. In fact the person who lived in the house and first started making the claims, still lives in Lake Wales, but I think has since moved out the house.
Heres something in lake wales
Spook Hill -- Lake Wales, FL - Tales from the Road - SouthernLiving.com (http://talesfromtheroad.southernliving.com/tales_from_the_road/2009/03/spook-hill----l.html - broken link)

Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita305 View Post
I guess she was just trying to tell you that she is the "good spirit" and that you are safe.
Sorry, but if it were me I aint sticking around to find out who is a good spirit, who is a bad one, and what the distinction is between the two. I would be outta there faster than any spirit could run!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:27 PM

496 posts, read 1,443,604 times
Daytona Beach if FULL of ghosts (both living AND dead! )

Seriously, this is a very historical area of Florida, full of tales of woe, sailors lost at sea, scorned lovers, Pirates, etc. like the Keys.

There are some excellent B&B's that can tell you of special ghost tours in their areas/neighborhoods:
The Villa Bed and Breakfast - Historic Gated Daytona Beach Inn - Bed and Breakfast - Live like Royalty
Daytona Beach Bed & Breakfast | River Lily Inn | Daytona B and B
Coquina Inn B&B

Also, there is a great tour I know of at the Pinewood Cemetery on Main Street. Contact the local Halifax Historical Museum for info:
Halifax Historical Museum

Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
Also, there is a great tour I know of at the Pinewood Cemetery on Main Street.
Thanks for the info but generally I don't consider a tour of a cemetery as a vacation treat! I can only imagine that a corpse possibly is the tour guide???!!!!!!

j/k

Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Thanks for the info but generally I don't consider a tour of a cemetery as a vacation treat! I can only imagine that a corpse possibly is the tour guide???!!!!!!

j/k
I think you are wrong about that. I love cemeteries. When I travel, especially, Europe cemeteries are one of my favorite stops along with churches. It is amazing to be from such a young country as America to see the ancient resting places. Many places the bodies are actually on display. I forget where it was but I was in a catacombs and there was an inscription over one of the doorways. I asked the guide what it said because it was in French. It said:

"What you are we once were, what we are you will be".

It was a really thought provoking sentence. The funny thing with me is, I don't want to be buried, I want to be cremated. I just want to come and go, no need for me to be remembered.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I think you are wrong about that. I love cemeteries. When I travel, especially, Europe cemeteries are one of my favorite stops along with churches. It is amazing to be from such a young country as America to see the ancient resting places. Many places the bodies are actually on display. I forget where it was but I was in a catacombs and there was an inscription over one of the doorways. I asked the guide what it said because it was in French. It said:

"What you are we once were, what we are you will be".

It was a really thought provoking sentence. The funny thing with me is, I don't want to be buried, I want to be cremated. I just want to come and go, no need for me to be remembered.
Just kidding mango...of course people tour cemeteries...Arlington comes to mind along with other national places of interest...was just getting caught up in the spirit of the discussion on spirits...if you know what I mean.

Now once again I'm scared that I read all this stuff...bad vs. good spirits, spirits coming and going..eeks...I'm outta here...I'm just a scaredy-cat, I guess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida