Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 10:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
aewan is posting their experiences. Which is what this forum is for, right? Because when some say driving in FL is not bad, and clearly you know that it is, wouldn't you try to refute that?

We know you live in fantasy land Florida, but try driving in South FL or any of the other big cities in FL.
I never said traffic in parts of Fl is not bad. I question the statement that FL has the highest percentage of road rage in the US. If someone said "the traffic in Orlando (or Miami, Tampa, most of SE FL) is terrible" I would have to agree with that poster as my personal knowledge agrees with that statement.

However, when someone says "The traffic in Florida is terrible", I would strongly disagree because that is not an accurate statement.

I do not live in "fantasy land" but I live in one of the many areas throughout FL where most people still live in a civilized way and treat others the way they would want to be treated. The outrageous situations I read about here in every aspect of daily life in certain places is amazing to me.

Spring Hill has to be at least 50 percent populated by people from the NE and that is probably a very conservative figure. Its probably 50 percent NYC area alone. However, the outrageous situations I see reported here do not happen and the outrageous people are a rare sight. Here you could not single out a NE transplant from one from Iowa.

I drive in and around Tampa several times a week. I know what congested traffic is about. Afterall, I grew up in NYC. When I do drive around the Tampa area I always say to myself "I could not do this everyday" and a feeling of serenity overcomes me once I am on the Suncoast Expressway a few miles north of SR 54.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
It wasn't a total 100% bad memory, but I'm not discussing something I did not experience which often seems to be the case on here when it comes to views on a lot of states. Now that I live in CA, much of what people say or think is not true nor is it what I'm experiencing.

I posted the link on road rage, and I do not need a Statistician to tell me how bad it was in SoFla, I lived it on a daily basis.
You stated "National with the highest % in FL, based on statistics and polls."

The link you posted begins with "National surveys frequently rank Florida at or near the top of the list of the worst drivers in the country —but is it the drivers who are bad or those doing the polling?"

Instead of surveys I prefer to use studies done by reputable sources. For automobile stats I like AAA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, FL Department of Transportation and others.

Your statement is untrue, without any fact to back it up and erroneous.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:40 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Wow that's crazy. I gotta try to find a great deal next time it crashes. I'm guessing 1-3 yrs.
Nah,the market is on steady upward curve and will be for years.Property is still a great long-term investment.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Nah,the market is on steady upward curve and will be for years.Property is still a great long-term investment.

I wish I could agree. But I do not, as far as FL. Too many ppl moving in and out, waaaay too transient, prices have increased waaaay too much and at some point it will burst. Not like before, but it will.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:23 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
I wish I could agree. But I do not, as far as FL. Too many ppl moving in and out, waaaay too transient, prices have increased waaaay too much and at some point it will burst. Not like before, but it will.
He Who Dares Wins,Rodders.
If too many people have moved in that means more demand which will drive up prices.The only real sign of a bubble is when prices increase dramatically over a short period of time and so far I see no evidence of this.
You pays your money,you make your choice.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:40 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Florida's population over the years:
2000: 15.9 million
2010: 18.8 million
2015: 20.2 million

People might be moving in and out but far more are staying. So the transient argument is a moot point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida#Demographics

Old 10-30-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
He Who Dares Wins,Rodders.
If too many people have moved in that means more demand which will drive up prices.The only real sign of a bubble is when prices increase dramatically over a short period of time and so far I see no evidence of this.
You pays your money,you make your choice.
Houses I looked at a yr ago ae now up for resale already. Again, so transient. And in a yr, prices are asking 60k more than just a yr ago. That's insane. Foreign buyers and investors. I just see lots of the same signs I saw in 07. But this time, I'm older and far more cautious as far as buying.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Florida's population over the years:
2000: 15.9 million
2010: 18.8 million
2015: 20.2 million

People might be moving in and out but far more are staying. So the transient argument is a moot point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida#Demographics

Oh please everyone knows how transient fla is. It's the way it is. Even the biggest lovers of this state can admit that it's very trainsient. I don't find it to be a moot point, whatsoever. You can look at other states like GA and NC and I'm sure they grew too. Doesn't mean FLa isn't still very transient.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Most people that buy homes tend to stay a while.

Prices are up. That is caused by demand as a market awash with product drivers prices down, not up.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Oh please everyone knows how transient fla is. It's the way it is. Even the biggest lovers of this state can admit that it's very trainsient. I don't find it to be a moot point, whatsoever. You can look at other states like GA and NC and I'm sure they grew too. Doesn't mean FLa isn't still very transient.
Everywhere is transient these days as people move from place to place chasing the dollars.

Your opinion as to FL being such a transient place is based on out dated information. You should check the current facts instead of relying on decade old information.

Americans Can't Wait To Get Out Of These Five States | Zero Hedge

Moving In - The top inbound states of 2015 were:

Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, Idaho, North Carolina, Florida, Nevada, District of Columbia,
Texas, Washington

Moving Out - The top outbound states for 2015 were:

New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio, Kansas, Massachusetts, West Virginia,
Mississippi, Maryland

People Are Moving Again. Destination: Florida | Data Mine | US News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida