U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 01:17 PM

361 posts, read 219,782 times

Advertisements

All depends on culture and politeness. The lower culture the worst behavior. I was in Thailand last year and was shoсked about how they littered their own coastline! it`s awful view! They threw the trash next to road. After they had swum in the ocean there are tonns of trash left on the beach. They used to it.
In Miami i periodically collected the trash after the some non cultural people (commonly Latin). It was very odd for me (as for a foreign tourist) to collecting and throw trash into the recycle bin after the US Citizen (may be not Citizen but permanently living in US).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 01:19 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,284,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am starting to think you are a troll. St pete and tampa have tons of southern restaurants, my sister runs one of them. You can find everything from great bourbon and whiskey drinks and tons of southern cocktails ,hurricanes,old fashioneds, etc, food like shrimp and grits and great seafood, po boys, bread pudding,bananas foster,pecan pie, barbecue,fried green tomatoes,squash casserole, cucumber and watermelon salads, , great southern brunch places. There are tons of Southern places in st pete
OMG, you're making me hungry LOLOLOL

Old 11-11-2016, 01:33 PM

2,420 posts, read 1,038,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
Only reason rich old nasty people retire to Florida is to get used to the Heat before they end up in Hell.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:39 PM

16,392 posts, read 13,055,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Of course you wouldnt.
And
I sure wouldn't, either.

Cracker Barrel sucks.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:43 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,466,391 times
Quote:
Yeah. I know. Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa John. They are there for tourists and transplants.
Yes, so no different than Cracker Barrel. Glad we reached an understanding!

Old 11-11-2016, 01:54 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,207,142 times
It amazes me that with the number of posters who despise one business or another those businesses continue to keep their cash registers over flowing.

For the record Cracker Barrel is not my first choice when I am thinking of where to eat.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:02 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,466,391 times
Quote:
It amazes me that with the number of posters who despise one business or another those businesses continue to keep their cash registers over flowing.

For the record Cracker Barrel is not my first choice when I am thinking of where to eat.
But you did say that you can find all that Southern food at Cracker Barrel. So?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,207,142 times
What I posted was that he could get MOST of his list at cracker barrel. They also offer other items that may appeal to Southern tastes so a trip to Plant City could be avoided. If cracker barrel was the only place within a reasonable distance where I could get a hot pastrami on rye I would go there for it instead of taking a trip elsewhere. It may not be like Katz' deli in Manhattan or the Lucky Dill in Palm Harbor, it probably would do. At any rate, another poster provided information about more local choices so the issue is moot unless you would like to nit-pick my comment any further.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:06 PM

17,432 posts, read 10,510,439 times
Quote:

My wife loves Cracker Barrel. I tolerate it.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 PM

81 posts, read 79,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am starting to think you are a troll. St pete and tampa have tons of southern restaurants, my sister runs one of them. You can find everything from great bourbon and whiskey drinks and tons of southern cocktails ,hurricanes,old fashioneds, etc, food like shrimp and grits and great seafood, po boys, bread pudding,bananas foster,pecan pie, barbecue,fried green tomatoes,squash casserole, cucumber and watermelon salads, , great southern brunch places. There are tons of Southern places in st pete

If this isnt Southern what is, there are tons of southern restaurants in st pete and tampa

a good whiskey old fashioned or hurricane, shrimp and grits, oysters and crab cakes etc

Not a troll. Just hate where I live(too built up & populated), so I'm always ragging on it. Kinda hard to find positives about the area when you don't like it to begin with. I'm a small town person at heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida