U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 PM

81 posts, read 79,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That's not just happening in Florida.
Happened to Spring Hill, Riverview, Homosassa, starting to happen to Inverness & Crystal River, & Bradenton is starting to get built up too. All these areas were still somewhat country in the early 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 12:59 PM

7,046 posts, read 4,084,290 times
I loved Florida growing up in the Ft. Walton Beach area(air force brat). We had a ski boat. There were all sorts of little white sand beaches you could pull the boat up to and have all to yourself. See the crystal clear waters around Destin. I could bike to the beach. Good times. Now that area is incredibly developed/crowded. So many boats coming and going in the Destin area you need traffic cops.

Despite all of my family now residing in the Tampa/Ocala area I have zero interest in living there myself. I just can't take the heat anymore after having lived in more northern climates since moving away. Anything above 75 and I'm miserable. So I'm in the opposite corner of the country in WA state. The beaches here are so much more interesting. Just not so great for swimming outside of maybe at the very peak of summer. But walking/wading along, checking out tide pools, rock formations, finding agate/shells and such is still a great beach experience.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:01 PM

Only reason I live in a big city in central Florida is because that's where my job is located. But I'm so tired of urban living, that I'd rather live in the sticks & drive 45-60 minutes to my job. Even willing to replace this job. Living in the city is just not for me. Even when I was younger I didn't like it, but it didn't bother me as much as it does now that I'm going into my 30s.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:30 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,462,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin230 View Post
Only reason I live in a big city in central Florida is because that's where my job is located. But I'm so tired of urban living, that I'd rather live in the sticks & drive 45-60 minutes to my job. Even willing to replace this job. Living in the city is just not for me. Even when I was younger I didn't like it, but it didn't bother me as much as it does now that I'm going into my 30s.
Is it just you? That'd have to be kind of depressing living by yourself in a rural area.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Is it just you? That'd have to be kind of depressing living by yourself in a rural area.
I'm sort of introverted so I don't mind being by myself. I'm around coworkers & customers all day at work.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:33 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,462,544 times
Quote:
I'm sort of introverted so I don't mind being by myself. I'm around coworkers & customers all day at work.
Yeah but it sounds isolating. Not exactly going to meet people living in the middle of nowhere. Why do you think people move to the suburbs once they have a family? Just saying. But I guess if you really hate cities that much.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM

2,115 posts, read 1,361,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yes, I know what "urban" means - which is why it's odd that someone would refer to FLORIDA as urban....

Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM

2,115 posts, read 1,361,268 times
Quote:
Again, just weird. I'm convinced you just want attention. If you live in a "big city" in central Florida, then a 60 minute drive would put you WAY into the sticks..... sooooo..... why do you keep calling Florida "urban" and saying you want to move to another State, even if it means driving 60 minutes to work, when you can LITERALLY do that right now?

Again, you just want attention and you're doing it with highly irrational and ridiculous claims.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:29 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,147,373 times
Florida gets a bad rap from Florida man in the news.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,359,979 times
Quote:

I grew up in NYC and my first job was about 20 min from my house. Moved upstate and have has a minimum of a one hour drive one way to and from work. That doesnt take into account traffic, accidents, bad weather, wear and tear, tolls,etc. after doing this commute for almost 11 years i can hinestly say it takes a toll on you. You will have a lot of hours lost with friends/family....

I know how you feel, i felt the same way, but again, after commuting this long distance for over a decade, its time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida