Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 02:51 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I wonder if people who left FL haunt the CA forums trying to justify their choice.
One really has to wonder..... look at the other thread running in this forum right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
One really has to wonder..... look at the other thread running in this forum right now
To me it is 2 things. People who feel "mine is bigger than yours". The other is the persistent need to justify their decision.

When we left NY we never looked back. Sure, we visited a few times a year, less now than in the past as neither of us have any friends or family there anymore. There isnt anything I yearn to see or do there. I certainly never haunted the NYC forums like these bail-outs haunt FL.

I had a wonderful day out on the Weeki Wachee river with friends and our kayaks. The Manatees are still in but the Gulf is warming. Saw a few gators hanging out on the banks. Beautiful.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:15 PM

782 posts, read 759,032 times
Quote:
FL is also a big state. Seems that a lot of people think FL consists of Orlando and south FL.

30+ years ago when we started planning our relocation any place south of FT Pierce was quickly eliminated from our consideration as it was already crowded by then.

CA is a nice place if it suits your needs.

I wonder if people who left FL haunt the CA forums trying to justify their choice.
Large population centers drive the state much like when I lived in Georgia, ATL was it. When I lived in PA it was the same way, Pittsburgh and Philly.

You obviously never visited SoFla in the 80's, it was not "overcrowded" much of it was developed in the late mid to late 90's and up. Population of Palm Beach County more than doubled between 1980 and 2010.

Not trying to "justify" anything, maybe you should ask the troll who started the thread which is obvious someone on here with dual accounts, would not be surprised it's who I think it is.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:

When we left NY we never looked back.

I don't post often on the PA forums and never on GA, so what's your point?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Large population centers drive the state much like when I lived in Georgia, ATL was it. When I lived in PA it was the same way, Pittsburgh and Philly.

You obviously never visited SoFla in the 80's, it was not "overcrowded" much of it was developed in the late mid to late 90's and up. Population of Palm Beach County more than doubled between 1980 and 2010.

Not trying to "justify" anything, maybe you should ask the troll who started the thread which is obvious someone on here with dual accounts, would not be surprised it's who I think it is.
Actually, my parents and brother lived on Normandy Island (Miami Beach). My brother was there '78 to '89 when he moved up to Pembroke Pines. My parents were there from '81 until '86.

I just saw that S. FL had population explosion coming.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
I don't post often on the PA forums and never on GA, so what's your point?
My point is that many bail-outs never really leave.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Actually, my parents and brother lived on Normandy Island (Miami Beach). My brother was there '78 to '89 when he moved up to Pembroke Pines. My parents were there from '81 until '86.

I just saw that S. FL had population explosion coming.
Well it's moving northward and by 2070 or later it will probably all will be underwater, not that any of us will care. Now if you can only plan your kids future with projected beach front property yet to be developed.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
My point is that many bail-outs never really leave.
Seeing my Wife and I lived in FL 30+ years combined, it's hard to flick a switch especially since the CA vs FL saga continues. Problem is, we don't hate FL at all, we both miss it. It's bittersweet more for us than anything I carry guilt I could not make to work anymore, we left because of me and I know she misses it because she lived there a lot longer than me.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:48 PM

491 posts, read 473,309 times
Quote:
I-drive is getting there, and Orlando beat out NYC a few years ago as the most visited city in the country. Vegas wasn't even in competition

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/b...stination.html

https://skift.com/2014/04/21/orlando...on-in-the-u-s/
I think it was a mistake to zone out large portions of south International Drive to luxury apartment complexes, like it is now. That's prime real estate that could have been made to create luxury hotels and complexes like Las Vegas. International Drive could have been Las Vegas, with some better planning from Orlando.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:49 PM

491 posts, read 473,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

I-drive is getting there, and Orlando beat out NYC a few years ago as the most visited city in the country. Vegas wasn't even in competition

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/b...stination.html

https://skift.com/2014/04/21/orlando...on-in-the-u-s/
I think it was a mistake to zone out large portions of south International Drive to luxury apartment complexes, like it is now. That's prime real estate that could have been made to create luxury hotels and complexes like Las Vegas. International Drive could have been Las Vegas, with some better planning from Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida