Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:06 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,640 times

Advertisements

Be kinder to your neighbors. Smile a bit more. Florida could use some cheerful smiles, don't ya think? If everybody would just learn to try to get along with someone from a different state, Florida would be a happier place.
Stop blaming somebody that comes from a different state than you for things that go wrong here in Florida. Get along people, because if we don't start getting along, we will never get anything done right here. So many people with so many disagreements. You see it right here on this forum.

Geez...wouldn't it be nice to see more smiling faces around you? What does it take to get us to think of the big picture here? Things all over have been getting worse. Not just here in Florida.
So stop and think what you can do today to make Florida a better place for all.
Happy Holidays to all and to all a goodnight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 07:22 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
bamboosmom
I agree a wave or a smile can go a long way
I walk 4 miles around my neighborhood each morning at 6:30 with my puppy and my 82 year old friend. we wave to folks that drive past and say good morning to anyone we pass. after a couple weeks people starting waving back and this year at halloween as my husband and i sat out front with our puppy giving out candy we had lots of people say "your the nice lady that waves and says good morning thanks it is a nice way to start the day"
so see something so simple can make an impact
Karla

Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Great post, Bam! Yea, a smile does go a long way. Too many people have become too cold and impersonal. Is it fear of rejection or fear of being a crime victim or are people really that unhappy?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
I wish Floridans were more friendly! They are even mean here, ive gotten lots of red dots, 90% of them from Florida forums!

Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I wish Floridans were more friendly! They are even mean here, ive gotten lots of red dots, 90% of them from Florida forums!

Remember that not everyone has to agree with you. We all have a different views and we all opted to share our views with others. Mean folks are all over the place not only in Florida. So be nice, enjoy the friendship that someone has offered. Positive attitude brings better results....

Old 11-27-2006, 11:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
I smile alot but only when i think of moving from Florida or seeing the real estate crash. Even after Wilma Iwas very happy! Smiled a lot but people in Miami only seemed to get angrier, except when I was giving free ice to my parent's neighbors.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 AM

Just keep on smiling because it will just make YOU feel better and then it just may catch on!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:07 AM

628 posts, read 1,833,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Just keep on smiling because it will just make YOU feel better and then it just may catch on!
As much as I may appear to be a contrarian on other threads I definitely agree

Smile and spread the Love

Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 AM

Default :) I wish everybody would do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
As much as I may appear to be a contrarian on other threads I definitely agree

Smile and spread the Love
You are just speaking from your heart, and everybody is allowed to do that.
It's when people just like to start trouble here, that's when I just want to scream. We need each other even though we may not want to admit that.
We are all here together talking and helping one another. We should at least start to be nicer too!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:45 AM

628 posts, read 1,833,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
You are just speaking from your heart, and everybody is allowed to do that.
It's when people just like to start trouble here, that's when I just want to scream. We need each other even though we may not want to admit that.
We are all here together talking and helping one another. We should at least start to be nicer too!
Hey bamboo

After I’m finished dealing with Muggy and his challenge on the bubble poll I would like to do something on a nicer more friendly note. I have an idea to ask people to post their favorite FLA picture.

Its not as easy as it sounds because the pic has to be hosted on an external website and it should be compressed in size so it loads fast and reduces bandwidth (tech stuff). But I can help with that and may offer to do the tech work and host them on one of my servers.

It would be a great way to promote what we have here – a picture says a 1000 words.

What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida