U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,227,277 times

Advertisements

No basements in our area , will have an indoor pool. Tomorrow morning will be interesting, many folks will drive looking thru pep holes in their windshields...
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM

4 posts, read 8,080 times
Cool What's the difference?

Sitting inside next to the A/C when it's 85 or sitting next to your furnace when it's 10 below? I'll take the heat. At least I can still go outside in my swimsuit.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:24 AM

2,909 posts, read 12,971,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Well, I don't know how cold it will be in the rest of Florida tonight, but as Sunrico said, we're headed for the 20's, here in the Panhandle. A nice hard-freeze warning has been flashing on my computer all night. And, the cold weather is making the news on the Pensacola News Journal and WEAR. Probably on the other local channels as well. Maybe, just maybe, this weather will kill off a few bugs, especially the skeeters. It's supposed to be almost as cold tomorrow night. And, it will continue to be cooler throughout the rest of the week, at least until Sunday. Why is it, though, that when we have freezing weather, there's no moisture in the air; and if we have the moisture, we don't have the colder weather? It would be nice to see a few snow flurries on Christmas Eve, (yes, it has happened, though not often). Now, don't get excited.I'm not asking for snow up to our backsides! Just something pretty for Christmas.

The warning is in effect from midnight tonight to 7 a.m. Tuesday.

High pressure will continue to settle into the region tonight. The associated light winds and a clear sky will allow temperatures to drop to 30-32 degrees across the warning areas. The temperatures will quickly rise after sunrise Tuesday. A high of 59 degrees is forecast Tuesday, with a low of 37.

where does it say 20s? That would be a record if it dropped this low!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,391,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Well, I don't know how cold it will be in the rest of Florida tonight, but as Sunrico said, we're headed for the 20's, here in the Panhandle. A nice hard-freeze warning has been flashing on my computer all night. And, the cold weather is making the news on the Pensacola News Journal and WEAR. Probably on the other local channels as well. Maybe, just maybe, this weather will kill off a few bugs, especially the skeeters. It's supposed to be almost as cold tomorrow night. And, it will continue to be cooler throughout the rest of the week, at least until Sunday. Why is it, though, that when we have freezing weather, there's no moisture in the air; and if we have the moisture, we don't have the colder weather? It would be nice to see a few snow flurries on Christmas Eve, (yes, it has happened, though not often). Now, don't get excited.I'm not asking for snow up to our backsides! Just something pretty for Christmas.
As long as it doesn't snow it's very tolerable, in fact it's nice. By the time the sun comes up it climes to the high 40's or 50's and you can pull a nice jacket from the closet and head outside. I love mild cold weather, not a Buffalo type winter but a nice change of climate, it make you feel alive. Where are you by the way if I may ask?

Last edited by macguy; 12-05-2006 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-05-2006, 11:02 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,158,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
As long as it doesn't snow it's very tolerable, in fact it's nice. By the time the sun comes up it climes to the high 40's or 50's and you can pull a nice jacket from the closet out and head outside. I love mild cold weather, not a Buffalo type winter but a nice change of climate, it make you feel alive. Where are you by the way if I may ask?
We live in the Panhandle, little town called Navarre. It's between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. Like I said, I don't want snow up to our backsides, but it would be nice to have those Christmas Eve flurries!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:09 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,158,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
The warning is in effect from midnight tonight to 7 a.m. Tuesday.

High pressure will continue to settle into the region tonight. The associated light winds and a clear sky will allow temperatures to drop to 30-32 degrees across the warning areas. The temperatures will quickly rise after sunrise Tuesday. A high of 59 degrees is forecast Tuesday, with a low of 37.

where does it say 20s? That would be a record if it dropped this low!
On our local news, and The Weather Channel, the 20's, (low 20's inland, upper 20's along the coast), was all the talk, yesterday and the day before. We had freeze warnings for all of the Panhandle, for last night, (12-4-06). I have to say, though, someone jumped the gun, or something. It didn't quite hit the freezing mark. My dogs' water bucket, outside, didn't even have a skiff of ice on it. So much for weather predictions!

Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,971,713 times
Yea I wouldnt take it seriously. Youll be lucky if it hits 30 degrees(inland) this is Florida were talking about, it just doesnt get really cold! Even 30 degrees is unusual weather in Florida! Right now its like 70 degrees(in wpb) and cloudy. Itll drop to mid 60s tonight. Thats typical of Florida "winters"

Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM

The lowest temperature recorded in Navarre for 2006 was on Tabular Data for January 7, 2006

06:45 25.5 F / -3.6 C

The temperature does drop in the mid 20's....

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...&month=1&day=7

Old 12-05-2006, 03:11 PM

This is a picture from the worst hail storm in 2005.

Sky on Fire....

Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 PM

106 posts, read 542,434 times
Default Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikchevelle View Post
Sitting inside next to the A/C when it's 85 or sitting next to your furnace when it's 10 below? I'll take the heat. At least I can still go outside in my swimsuit.

Puting up Christmas Decorations while wearing shorts and t-shirt

Price-Less!

Take my Michigan home please.

I will buy all you unhappy Floridans all the hot chocolate you can drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or