U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2017, 10:08 AM
 
18 posts, read 16,977 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Don't be so quick to knock Sanford. West Sanford is one of the most affluent areas in Metro Orlando, and I doubt that DeBary has ANYTHING close to it.
DeBary has multimillion dollar mansions near golf courses. Sanford has a few mansions but they're right near ghettos. I've never seen even one homeless person in DeBary, and the public lands are beautifully landscaped. Sanford has homeless people around every corner walking up to people's cars and Sanford is too poor to even maintain public lands.

The only time crime happens in DeBary (and it's rare) it's almost always someone from Sanford.

Last edited by IMTHEBEST; 02-23-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2017, 10:22 AM
 
18 posts, read 16,977 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Clearly you haven't been to Sanford given your "alternative facts". The western half is fairly identical to Lake Mary and in sections further west similar to Heathrow. The historic districts downtown are also quite desirable. The "ghetto sections" of Sanford are fairly small, more or less self contained and where the vast majority of crime occurs (like most cities). Full of homeless people? I have never heard where a couple of dozen visible equated to 60,000...

Attached are the demographics provided for leasing information at Seminole Towne Center Mall in Sanford. Check out the 5 mile radius demographics of which anywhere from half to 2/3 would encompass Sanford if drawing a circle around the mall property and extending 5 miles. Yep...80K average household income, Debary is at 53K.

http://washingtonprime.com/assets/pr...mographics.pdf
Sure. Let's look at demographics directly from this website.

Per Capita Income:

DeBary $27,815
Sanford $18,820

Median Household Income:

DeBary $50,689
Sanford $38,316

Average house value:

DeBary $164,328
Sanford $113,860

Violent Crime rate (per 100k people):

DeBary 462
Sanford 822

Percent white:

DeBary 80.2%
Sanford 44.0%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
9,391 posts, read 6,431,516 times
Reputation: 11696
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTHEBEST View Post
DeBary has multimillion dollar mansions near golf courses. Sanford has mansions near ghettos. I've never seen even one homeless person in DeBary, and the public lands are beautifully landscaped. Sanford has homeless people around every corner and Sanford is too poor to even maintain public lands.

The only time crime happens in DeBary (and it's rare) it's always someone from Sanford.
Again, West Sanford (Markham/Sylvan) has NO GHETTOS at all, nor anywhere NEAR it. Its direct neighbors? Heathrow and Markham Woods. Unless you consider those to be ghettos, you are clueless.
How is it not maintaining public lands? Ever been to Sylvan Lake Park? Seminole Soccer Complex? Or even way on the other side of town, the new Seminole Sports Complex (possibly the nicest and biggest complex in all of Metro Orlando, rivaled only by Central Winds) by the airport? Seminole County Sports Complex | Orlando North Sports
But sure, it can't maintain its public lands, right? What about the Seminole-Wekiva Trail through Sanford?

You're going to knock a city over twice the size of DeBary due to the fact that it has a rather isolated ghetto, far and away removed from the more affluent areas? DeBary borders Orange City and Deltona, both of which have some shady areas. If we were to combine DeBary and Orange City (to make it somewhat closer to the size of Sanford) would you be knocking it too? Just because PARTS of it are bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTHEBEST View Post
Sure. Let's look at demographics directly from this website.



Violent Crime rate (per 100k people):

DeBary 462
Sanford 822


Percent white:

DeBary 80.2%
Sanford 44.0%
Violent crime is pretty much isolated in a small area. No one is getting robbed at gunpoint or shot at Colonial Town Center.
And what does "percent white" have to do with anything? Upper Marlboro, MD is 33% white but has a median family income of over $100,000.

Last edited by Arcenal352; 02-23-2017 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 PM
 
21,055 posts, read 30,075,028 times
Reputation: 19414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Again, West Sanford (Markham/Sylvan) has NO GHETTOS at all, nor anywhere NEAR it. Its direct neighbors? Heathrow and Markham Woods. Unless you consider those to be ghettos, you are clueless.
How is it not maintaining public lands? Ever been to Sylvan Lake Park? Seminole Soccer Complex? Or even way on the other side of town, the new Seminole Sports Complex (possibly the nicest and biggest complex in all of Metro Orlando, rivaled only by Central Winds) by the airport? Seminole County Sports Complex | Orlando North Sports
But sure, it can't maintain its public lands, right? What about the Seminole-Wekiva Trail through Sanford?

You're going to knock a city over twice the size of DeBary due to the fact that it has a rather isolated ghetto, far and away removed from the more affluent areas? DeBary borders Orange City and Deltona, both of which have some shady areas. If we were to combine DeBary and Orange City (to make it somewhat closer to the size of Sanford) would you be knocking it too? Just because PARTS of it are bad?



Violent crime is pretty much isolated in a small area. No one is getting robbed at gunpoint or shot at Colonial Town Center.
And what does "percent white" have to do with anything? Upper Marlboro, MD is 33% white but has a median family income of over $100,000.

Obviously a troll thread and someone with a grudge....not worth the effort, he clearly doesn't care about facts either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2017, 01:22 PM
 
18 posts, read 16,977 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Obviously a troll thread and someone with a grudge....not worth the effort, he clearly doesn't care about facts either.
I don't care about facts? You mean these ones that you still haven't responded to, snowflake?

Per Capita Income:

DeBary $27,815
Sanford $18,820

Median Household Income:

DeBary $50,689
Sanford $38,316

Average house value:

DeBary $164,328
Sanford $113,860

Violent Crime rate (per 100k people):

DeBary 462
Sanford 822

Percent white:

DeBary 80.2%
Sanford 44.0%

Last edited by IMTHEBEST; 02-23-2017 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
9,391 posts, read 6,431,516 times
Reputation: 11696
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTHEBEST View Post
I don't care about facts? You mean these ones that you still haven't responded to, snowflake?

Per Capita Income:

DeBary $27,815
Sanford $18,820

Median Household Income:

DeBary $50,689
Sanford $38,316

Average house value:

DeBary $164,328
Sanford $113,860

Violent Crime rate (per 100k people):

DeBary 462
Sanford 822

Percent white:

DeBary 80.2%
Sanford 44.0%
I responded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2017, 04:13 PM
 
18 posts, read 16,977 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I responded.
Good. I wasn't talking to you, was I?

And the response you gave was beyond atrocious. You said "well, I can't find anything wrong with DeBary, so let's pretend that Orange City and Deltona are somehow DeBary even though they obviously aren't" and "let's pretend that only the decent parts of Sanford are Sanford and the ghetto parts of Sanford (which is much of Sanford) don't exist." Talk about mental gymnastics.

Last edited by IMTHEBEST; 02-23-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
9,391 posts, read 6,431,516 times
Reputation: 11696
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTHEBEST View Post
Good. I wasn't talking to you, was I?

And the response you gave was beyond atrocious. You said "well, I can't find anything wrong with DeBary, so let's pretend that Orange City and Deltona are somehow DeBary even though they obviously aren't" and "let's pretend that only the decent parts of Sanford are Sanford and the ghetto parts of Sanford (which is much of Sanford) don't exist." Talk about mental gymnastics.
You are a bit dense aren't you?
I added Orange City due to the fact that DeBary is SMALL, and Orange City is closer to Debary than the "Sanford ghetto" is to West Sanford. You claimed that the nice areas of Sanford are directly adjacent to "ghettos." I proved that false. Why do you have such a vendetta against Sanford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 AM
 
18 posts, read 16,977 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You are a bit dense aren't you?
I added Orange City due to the fact that DeBary is SMALL, and Orange City is closer to Debary than the "Sanford ghetto" is to West Sanford. You claimed that the nice areas of Sanford are directly adjacent to "ghettos." I proved that false. Why do you have such a vendetta against Sanford?
Unlike Sanford, DeBary doesn't have ghettos. And Orange City isn't ghetto compared to Sanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2017, 12:12 PM
 
21,055 posts, read 30,075,028 times
Reputation: 19414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You are a bit dense aren't you?
I added Orange City due to the fact that DeBary is SMALL, and Orange City is closer to Debary than the "Sanford ghetto" is to West Sanford. You claimed that the nice areas of Sanford are directly adjacent to "ghettos." I proved that false. Why do you have such a vendetta against Sanford?
Given his Drumpf follower speak, I would bet he's a raging racist feeling empowered about the new Nazi leadership in DC. The ignore feature on this forum is golden, and highly recommend it in this instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top