Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:48 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
Are you stupid? What you got hit by was not a cat 4, it was a cat 4 30 miles or more away from the coast but you didn't feel it.
Not as stupid as someone who doesn't realize the storm hasn't even come ashore yet at 6AM Friday.

The time to evacuate is prior to a storm, not during it. Even not so smart people know that. What happened to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 04:26 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Not angry at all.
They had to knock people out of their complacency. Until the last minute it looked like my area was close to getting a direct hit.

Thankfully it went a bit east and poof! The worst was over.

If it had hit it would've been horrific.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21
Are you guys mad at the governor for ordering a mandatory evacuation and saying "you will die if you don't evacuate
He`s erring on the side of caution. Imagine if the storm killed many people and he gave no warning,

Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Asinine thread.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Hurricane cuts power to over 300,000 Florida homes and businesses

Old 10-07-2016, 06:30 AM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
OP, while you're sitting out the storm, you might want to open a dictionary and learn how to spell "governor" and "forecasters". It would be much more productive than spending time posting the same drivel all over the boards.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
What storm surge? It didn't even go above the seawall, the weatherman even said it has gone higher than today before.
You sound disappointed that the brunt of a cat4 hurricane missed you, you should be very happy it missed you.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:54 AM

677 posts, read 934,063 times
Well ya know it ain't over until it's over so we'll have to wait & see the outcome. I do know the media loves to over sensationalize the weather after all it brings great ratings for them, I also know when it comes to forecasting hurricanes & blizzards they are wrong as many times as they are right. I remember a few yrs ago they forecasted a blizzard for us in the northeast that was suppose to be "The Storm of the Century", people cleaned out the Home Depot buying supplies. We never saw a flake! Up here in Delaware all it takes is for them to forecast 6 inches of snow & people go into panic mode. This is also true for neighboring states PA, NJ, & MD. They clean out the food markets & Home Depot, the panic they experience is ludicrous cause given the worse case scenario of a 3 ft blizzard the roads are impassable for 1 day & the main arteries are cleared the next. Why run to the food market spending $200 stocking up on food like this is Siberia when the roads are cleared within 1-2 days & guess what, your job expects you back at work within that time frame. They just don't exercise common sense & they react like this every time there's a snow forecast year after year.

I know it's still early regarding this hurricane but I'm sensing by the time it's over the news media will have egg on it's face, that it won't be quite the Hell raiser they predicted & if so I feel sorry for all the people who were greatly inconvenienced by uprooting, spending money on supplies, food, hotels, vacations lost, & the anxiety of it all. We shall see.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:02 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
It would ahve been nice if the storm went over to the west to bring some exciting weather but oh well, maybe next time.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Are you guys mad at the governor for ordering a mandatory evacuation and saying "you will die if you don't evacuate" for a storm that was weaker than many we have in NY? And he said this after the storm showed it would not hit south florida and people were playing on the beaches and it was not even raining. He should be held accountable for that. I watched live footage all day, there were kids playing soccer and doing handstands on the beach and people surfing while the weatherman forecasted death and destruction. The weather forecasters as well should be held accountable for massively mis-predicating this storm. This is not the first hurricane they mis-predicated eithor, it's just incompetence at this point. And after they dropped the ball they did not have the guts to admit they were wrong, and kept forecasting death and destruction even as they stood on the beach with a low water level, moderate winds, and no rain and people playing behind them, even saying it was unsafe and they should leave. They said the one that hit tampa would be huge and kill people and it was nothing. Apparently the weather satellites they use are old and need to be replaced is what someone told me, they should just replace them already instead of keep screwing up.
LOL, so much misinformation........ I know you were anxious to dig up something, anything, as yet another excuse to bash the politicians in Florida, but buddy, you're seriously snarling up the wrong tree here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida