U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:38 PM
 
696 posts, read 618,495 times
Reputation: 541

Advertisements

Are you guys mad at the governor for ordering a mandatory evacuation and saying "you will die if you don't evacuate" for a storm that was weaker than many we have in NY? And he said this after the storm showed it would not hit south florida and people were playing on the beaches and it was not even raining. He should be held accountable for that. I watched live footage all day, there were kids playing soccer and doing handstands on the beach and people surfing while the weatherman forecasted death and destruction. The weather forecasters as well should be held accountable for massively mis-predicating this storm. This is not the first hurricane they mis-predicated eithor, it's just incompetence at this point. And after they dropped the ball they did not have the guts to admit they were wrong, and kept forecasting death and destruction even as they stood on the beach with a low water level, moderate winds, and no rain and people playing behind them, even saying it was unsafe and they should leave. They said the one that hit tampa would be huge and kill people and it was nothing. Apparently the weather satellites they use are old and need to be replaced is what someone told me, they should just replace them already instead of keep screwing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM
 
5,684 posts, read 8,138,873 times
Reputation: 5952
You do realize it's just now hitting Florida, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:45 PM
 
464 posts, read 303,198 times
Reputation: 547
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,464,685 times
Reputation: 10260
No offense, but a totally idiotic stupid naive post with regards to risk assessment of this incredibly dangerous storm.

Not only Cat 4, but storm surge is the killer here. Smart move by the governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:51 PM
 
696 posts, read 618,495 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
No offense, but a totally idiotic stupid naive post with regards to risk assessment of this incredibly dangerous storm.

Not only Cat 4, but storm surge is the killer here. Smart move by the governor.
What storm surge? It didn't even go above the seawall, the weatherman even said it has gone higher than today before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:52 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,464,685 times
Reputation: 10260
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
What storm surge? It didn't even go above the seawall, the weatherman even said it has gone higher than today before.
Do you watch the weather? Seen the forecast going into tomorrow north of Palm Beach up through Jacksonville and north? You are clueless honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:54 PM
 
8,958 posts, read 5,097,849 times
Reputation: 9274
use to, they would tell you to find someplace safe, then the local sherriff did not want to dsipatch to the stupid people on sailboat riding out the storm, so there started telling everybody to leave, so know you trap in 5mph traffic with no gas for 100 miles, as long as you not in their county, they dont care. After hurricane katrina, i built an concrete house, one foot thick wall. I live at elevation 83. 40 miles from the gulf. and i still hear them hollowing, you have to leave. I been in about 20 hurricanes sine 72. have never left, had never had any property damage, all the damage going be three miles from the water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM
 
696 posts, read 618,495 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Do you watch the weather? Seen the forecast going into tomorrow north of Palm Beach up through Jacksonville and north? You are clueless honestly.
I guarantee the forecast for north florida will be the same story as the south it won't even hit directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:57 PM
 
696 posts, read 618,495 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
use to, they would tell you to find someplace safe, then the local sherriff did not want to dsipatch to the stupid people on sailboat riding out the storm, so there started telling everybody to leave, so know you trap in 5mph traffic with no gas for 100 miles, as long as you not in their county, they dont care. After hurricane katrina, i built an concrete house, one foot thick wall. I live at elevation 83. 40 miles from the gulf. and i still hear them hollowing, you have to leave. I been in about 20 hurricanes sine 72. have never left, had never had any property damage, all the damage going be three miles from the water
What city do you live in? And how far from the coast are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
9,684 posts, read 6,642,893 times
Reputation: 12144
You've had cat 4 hurricanes in NY in your lifetime? Lol... Sandy was similar to Hermine. NYC and Jersey went bonkers. Go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top