Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 10:44 PM

5 posts, read 6,781 times

Advertisements

I live in a great home and neighborhood in Daytona Beach 32114. In Fairway Estates just off Beville Rd. on the edge of South Daytona 32119. I want to move back to West Palm Beach, Sarasota or Bradenton. My home is a 2 Bed/2 Bath/2 Car garage on a corner lot in great condition. For the price I would have to sell this house for, I would have to buy a beat up, fixer upper, short sale or foreclosure in West Palm, Sarasota or Bradenton. Granted, West Palm homes are higher priced because of work there, but, Sarasota and Bradenton are no different than here. I guess what I'm saying is: Homes in the Daytona Beach area are a lot less expensive and nicer too! Check Realtor.com and see. Anyone agree? Why are homes so much cheaper here? Daytona has a lot of things to do. I'm confused .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 09:54 AM

17,455 posts, read 38,838,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILO32114 View Post
I live in a great home and neighborhood in Daytona Beach 32114. In Fairway Estates just off Beville Rd. on the edge of South Daytona 32119. I want to move back to West Palm Beach, Sarasota or Bradenton. My home is a 2 Bed/2 Bath/2 Car garage on a corner lot in great condition. For the price I would have to sell this house for, I would have to buy a beat up, fixer upper, short sale or foreclosure in West Palm, Sarasota or Bradenton. Granted, West Palm homes are higher priced because of work there, but, Sarasota and Bradenton are no different than here. I guess what I'm saying is: Homes in the Daytona Beach area are a lot less expensive and nicer too! Check Realtor.com and see. Anyone agree? Why are homes so much cheaper here? Daytona has a lot of things to do. I'm confused .
Location, location, location. You live in one of the least desirable coastal cities of Florida, and want to move to one of the most desirable - supply and demand. That is just the way it is.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:59 AM

45 posts, read 60,583 times
Daytona has a lot of crime too

Old 10-08-2016, 06:24 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,315,463 times
Yes, the homes are nicer for less money, but there's a reason for that, no? We had a great place there too, and couldn't wait to get out of that whole area! Life in St Pete is 100 times better. It would be better to live in a shack out here than in a mansion over there, that's my take on it after four, long years in Volusia county (a county that ranks near the bottom in nearly every category you could think of). But if you love bikers, NASCAR, rednecks, right wing Christians, guns, rude people from New Jersey, hotel developers running the city, and all that goes w/ that stuff, then the Daytona area would be paradise I suppose. It's all about what you're about. It's not about the geography, which is beautiful, it's the people.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,626,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Yes, the homes are nicer for less money, but there's a reason for that, no? We had a great place there too, and couldn't wait to get out of that whole area! Life in St Pete is 100 times better. It would be better to live in a shack out here than in a mansion over there, that's my take on it after four, long years in Volusia county (a county that ranks near the bottom in nearly every category you could think of). But if you love bikers, NASCAR, rednecks, right wing Christians, guns, rude people from New Jersey, hotel developers running the city, and all that goes w/ that stuff, then the Daytona area would be paradise I suppose. It's all about what you're about. It's not about the geography, which is beautiful, it's the people.
I'm sure there are none of those kinds of people in St Petersburg.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:33 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,626,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILO32114 View Post
You live in a cheap area, you can move. there are cheaper areas of Florida to the north near the panhandle or in the middle of the state. If you want to live in a desireable area the homes will be more expensive.

IF you home was on Malibu beach it would be worth $20 million, if you home was in a bad part Detroit it would be worth ten dollars.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:52 AM

30,146 posts, read 20,857,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Location, location, location. You live in one of the least desirable coastal cities of Florida, and want to move to one of the most desirable - supply and demand. That is just the way it is.
Much worse in west Pasco compared to over there.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:51 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,740,268 times
Probably the #1 reason is the per capita income base of Daytona versus other Florida cities. For the cities you mentioned, it appears that Bradenton may be your best bet. Although there isn't a direct, income-to-housing price correlation, it's a pretty good indicator. In other words, the same $150K home in Daytona Beach will likely cost you $173K in Bradenton and $195K+ in the other cities.

Daytona Beach ranks 518th in Florida in Per Capita Income at $17,530.
Bradenton Beach is 287th at $22,850 (130% of Daytona)
Bradenton is 404th at $20,133 (115% of Daytona)
275 Sarasota, Florida $23,197 (132% of Daytona)
276 West Palm Beach, Florida $23,188 (132% of Daytona)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florid..._capita_income

Old 10-08-2016, 04:00 PM

26,825 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I'm sure there are none of those kinds of people in St Petersburg.
There are, like anywhere else. The difference being unlike Daytona Beach they're not prevalent to the point of dictating the lifestyle.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,789 times
The problem with Daytona are the homeless and crime. Until the city makes the move to get the homeless shelters moved away from the city like they've been talking about for years, Daytona will continue to decline. Oh, we'll still have tourist come in for the big events, but most will not return. They are put off by people sleeping all over the roadsides and the shopping cart carivans. As for the regulars that return every year, most are in their 60s now, so eventually that too will die off. No pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida