Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidate will you Vote for ?
Marco Rubio 17 40.48%
Patrick Murphy 23 54.76%
Other 2 4.76%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 02:55 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times

Advertisements

Which candidate will you be voting for on Election Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 03:02 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
They are both within the Margin of Error now in our state.
Who do you prefer ?

Old 10-19-2016, 03:49 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Hillary will need a GOP congress to keep her in check.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:58 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Hillary will need a GOP congress to keep her in check.
Rubio is half-ass, but I like Constitutional checks and balances as designed, so I think we'll be as good as we can realistically be over the next four years or so with Hillary masquerading as chief executive and shrill opposition in at least one branch of Congress.

Long-term, however, I see nothing reversing the US's decline, thought within that suboptimal framework the future looks relatively bright for Florida.

Now if Rubio would only focus on that, on being Senator FOR Florida, like Bill Nelson does, then maybe he could earn full respect, instead of being regarded as a half-ass.

Good Luck!

Old 10-19-2016, 11:02 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
I voted Murphy. Even though he doesn't have much of a track record, I do not like Rubio's.

This year my voting is all over the place. Normally I am one to vote dem for pres and then repub for the rest, just to have those checks and balances, but with the division that is happening ... this means that Nothing good is being accomplished. This time I am totally looking at every aspect and trying to find people that aren't just going to do things the same way just because that's the way things have always been done.

I'm trying to vote for those that are rejecting the strict party lines. I'm actually researching where people stand on issues...

We desperately need term limits. Somehow it needs to get on a ballot and not left up to the congress critters.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
I can't vote for Rubio. The guy was absentee already and didn't take his duties seriously enough to send a page to vote, so pretty crappy track record. I'm not interested in checks and balances, I want the Republicans to pull their collective heads from their rear ends.

When Trump loses this election it is going to completely fracture the party. You have white moderates cheering his boorish attitude and anti SJW words and the religious right only voting for him because he happens to be the jackass pulling the cart at the time. The two are 100% incompatible and when leadership doubles down on the far right on the next cycle it will alienate the moderates.

Yeah, that means 8 years of Hillary. Which, at least she has a plan and some balls to put it out there. The republicans have had virtually no policy what so ever except obstructionism. Oh and let us not forget:

Small government - Patriot act, NSA surveillance, stop and frisk
Taxes - The one thing they are somewhat consistent on
Anti deficit - except when they contribute to it with wars and tax cuts lol
Obama Care - Complain about it, then run a candidate who put it in his own state

Privatize social security - yeah lets remove the last defined benefit plan Americans have access to as opposed to solidifying it which wouldn't take much if they would only act now while there is time to use the massive surplus that is there.

So no, I can't vote for a Republican right now, even though I've been a registered republican all my life. The party doesn't know how to react to the democrats moving their platform more to the middle. Their response has been to double down on obstructionism and McCarthy-ism.

Getting tired of it.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,302 times
Rubio missed so many Senate votes -its like Florida only had one senator. Take your job seriously and responsibly or give someone else a chance.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Rubio missed so many Senate votes -its like Florida only had one senator. Take your job seriously and responsibly or give someone else a chance.
No different than Obama and he became president

When attacked for missed votes, Marco Rubio calls out Barack Obama and John Kerry for missing votes | PolitiFact Florida

Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Didn't know Obama was running for the Senate. He isn't, nor is Ruibo running for president, he is running for the Senate. The career voting numbers of the people you mentioned are still much better than Rubio's as well. The guy is a joke and if he wasn't Cuban he'd have no chance in hell what so ever of getting elected.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Didn't know Obama was running for the Senate. He isn't, nor is Ruibo running for president, he is running for the Senate. The career voting numbers of the people you mentioned are still much better than Rubio's as well. The guy is a joke and if he wasn't Cuban he'd have no chance in hell what so ever of getting elected.
He has the good fortune of running against a lying douche like Murphy.

Kinda like Hillary getting the good fortune of running against trump. Hillary has so mich ethical baggage, any normal republican would win in a landslide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida