U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 PM

786 posts, read 496,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
" The median property tax in California is $2,839.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $384,200.00. Counties in California collect an average of 0.74% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.

California has one of the highest average property tax rates in the country, with only nine states levying higher property taxes.

California's median income is $78,973 per year, so the median yearly property tax paid by California residents amounts to approximately % of their yearly income. California is ranked 15th of the 50 states for property taxes as a percentage of median income."

California Property Taxes By County - 2016
Again you are not listening, "Hello McFly, Hello?"

Look at SoFla numbers, we are not talking Spring Hill or the cheap parts with no jobs.

https://southfloridaforbeginners.wor...-tax-illusion/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 02:01 PM

1,750 posts, read 1,634,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
San Diego County has 3 times the population of Hillsborough, I'm also discussing the entire county on a whole, not just the city limits. I'm also not discussing or including any area outside of SoFla as it's immaterial to the OP.
Greater Tampa Bay is 4.5 mil(larger than metro SD). Never see any graffiti everywhere I drive. I probably counted less than 10 instances past 10 yrs, removed immediately (which is what I like about this area..it's clean). But still, INMO South FL has a lot less grit than the large cities in CA.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:28 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,266,490 times
Quote:
You don't get it and you never will.

I do have a "disdain" for SOME people from NYC, but not all mainly people from Long Island, but again not all. Your comments and beliefs further reinforce why NY's in general are not well favored in SoFla among many, I heard a lot of negative comments from natives when I lived here about the worse bunch and NY was always the top of the list.

The level of entitlement and obnoxious attitude shine brightly and if anyone has issues with "Assimilating" then take off that NY Yankees hat and stop saying "Fuggedaboutit".

Move along and slice my deli meat paper thin and hand me a sample to eat with my dirty hands while touching that bacteria ridden shopping cart at Publix.
Thank you for clarifying your position. With so many New York transplants in South Florida I am sure that those from anywhere else would be intimidated by the sheer number of NY transplants and their effect on the area in general.

I do not wear, nor do I own, a NY Yankees cap, but I do have a small NY Yankees logo decal on the rear window of my truck. Directly underneath that is a decal logo of the Florida Gators football team. I used to have "Orlando Solar Bears" put it dried up.

The custom of Publix handing a customer the first slice at the deli counter is a move to ensure the customer is happy with the thickness of the cut and the quality of the product. Corrections can be quickly made to avoid waste of product and the time of the clerk. The slice is handed to the customer on a piece of wax paper. I personally make use of the hand sanitizer and use a wipe on the handle of the shopping cart. In fact I never fold down the kiddie seat. I have never used the term "fuggedaboutit" in place of "for get about it" nor have I been to "Thoity Thoid and Thoid" though I have said "hole da door" while running down the steps at a subway station.

I am pleased to know that you do not have a disdain for all of the people from NYC but only a segment of us. We are a different sort of people and sometimes terribly misunderstood.

Relax, have an egg cream and a bagel with a schmear.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:34 PM

786 posts, read 496,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Greater Tampa Bay is 4.5 mil(larger than metro SD). Never see any graffiti everywhere I drive. I probably counted less than 10 instances past 10 yrs, removed immediately (which is what I like about this area..it's clean). But still, INMO South FL has a lot less grit than the large cities in CA.
I was comparing County to County, but the Greater San Diego MSA is 3.3 mil as of 2015, Tampa Bay MSA is only around 2.975 mil.

Not even including San Diego is also a part of the San Diego Tijuna MSA which is also nearly 4.9mil

Not sure where you are getting "4.5 mil" from? I can tack on Orange County and LA, since nearly 60% of CA's population is in SoCal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_...atistical_Area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Di...ty,_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego%E2%80%93Tijuana

Also forgot to add, since moving here I rarely see cop cars or a heavy police presence, occasional San Diego County Sheriff, CHP and local Police but nothing at all like what I saw living in SoFla. While crime is everywhere, Flakka and Bath Salt usage is unheard of on the news as compared in SoFla. I don't see people Flakka trippin on the streets. The "Gritty parts" of a lot of cities are prevalent in many all over the place.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I was comparing County to County, but the Greater San Diego MSA is 3.3 mil as of 2015, Tampa Bay MSA is only around 2.975 mil.

Not even including San Diego is also a part of the San Diego Tijuna MSA which is also nearly 4.9mil

Not sure where you are getting "4.5 mil" from? I can tack on Orange County and LA, since nearly 60% of CA's population is in SoCal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_...atistical_Area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Di...ty,_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego%E2%80%93Tijuana

Also forgot to add, since moving here I rarely see cop cars or a heavy police presence, occasional San Diego County Sheriff, CHP and local Police but nothing at all like what I saw living in SoFla. While crime is everywhere, Flakka and Bath Salt usage is unheard of on the news as compared in SoFla. I don't see people Flakka trippin on the streets. The "Gritty parts" of a lot of cities are prevalent in many all over the place.
'A 2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people and a 2017 projection of 4,536,854 people.[16]'

16. "Tampa Bay, Florida Demographics". tampabay.us. Retrieved 2013-01-01.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida

Metro Tampa is Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco(about 3 mil pop.).. Greater Tampa Bay extends in 4 other counties(practically connected/continuous development)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...Tampa_Bay_Area

Tijuana is in a different country..

Old 10-28-2016, 02:50 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,532,422 times
Quote:
'A 2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people and a 2017 projection of 4,536,854 people.[16]'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida

Metro Tampa is Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco(about 3 mil pop.).. Greater Tampa Bay extends in 4 other counties(practically connected/continuous development)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...Tampa_Bay_Area

Tijuana is in a different country..
Yet the 2010 census says that Tampa had a metro population of 2.8 million. Not even the fastest growing metros grow that fast. Why do you like to use blown up estimates instead of official numbers? There is absolutely no way Tampa added 1.5 million people in less than 2 years.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,274,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You think so? I grew up in America's melting pot. Growing up there were kids whose families were from so many different places besides the U.S. As adults we all worked with people from all over the globe. Our storekeepers were usually of foreign decent. We lived in the same buildings/neighborhoods, rode the same subway and buses, shopped in the same stores. A good point was we all got exposed to different cuisines and traditions. Ive celebrated , Junkonoo, Carnival, Epihany, Pesach, Hanukkah and many others. Being invited to a friends home for eating, partying, story telling and learning about the world. Experiences I will never forget.

We thought "West Side Story" to be a ridiculous separation of people because of their nationality.

I learned a variety of cuss words to!

White bread people are so gimp
That's great. But south FL,is not a great place imo to live and raise a family ... In general. I attribute that to the people and the mentality. Otoh, I can think of other large areas where it's more homogenous and ppl seem to be better people, have less issues, and are actually happy there.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yet the 2010 census says that Tampa had a metro population of 2.8 million. Not even the fastest growing metros grow that fast. Why do you like to use blown up estimates instead of official numbers? There is absolutely no way Tampa added 1.5 million people in less than 2 years.
Learn to read... just quoted local website with info that appears on same website the other guy used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida

Old 10-28-2016, 03:04 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,266,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
That's great. But south FL,is not a great place imo to live and raise a family ... In general. I attribute that to the people and the mentality. Otoh, I can think of other large areas where it's more homogenous and ppl seem to be better people, have less issues, and are actually happy there.
I would say it depends on where in S. FL. 30 years ago I said I would never live south of Ft. Pierce.

Of course you have to attribute it to the people. Its not the shrubbery that makes a place.

Sure, homogeny creates a Stepford Wives world. Everybody is just like everyone else. B O R I N G and
D U L L.

People never learn how to interact with anybody but their own.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:09 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,532,422 times
Quote:
Learn to read... just quoted local website with info that appears on same website the other guy used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida

Point still stands. Greater Tampa is not 4.5 million. Come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or