Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:03 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times

Advertisements

South Florida can be stressful if you live in the wrong place, why not try other parts of florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Some of it is Latin America as well. My friends parents are from Chile ( of Croatian descent), she said her mom who has lived in Jacksonville for nearly 40 years, still gets waaaay to close for most Americans comfort. She said in Chile everyone is a "close talker" ( another Seinfeld reference for those old enough to remember) and are rude about standing in line, cutting and pushing their way to the front

South Florida has the combo of lots of people from the Northeast US and Latin America.
Agreed, it's just a bad mix/combo.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:53 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
You should definitely move. All the people here are obviously terrible and can't raise their children. Ciao. Good luck wherever you go, I'm sure it'll be perfect....

Old 10-28-2016, 09:31 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Agreed, it's just a bad mix/combo.
You think so? I grew up in America's melting pot. Growing up there were kids whose families were from so many different places besides the U.S. As adults we all worked with people from all over the globe. Our storekeepers were usually of foreign decent. We lived in the same buildings/neighborhoods, rode the same subway and buses, shopped in the same stores. A good point was we all got exposed to different cuisines and traditions. Ive celebrated , Junkonoo, Carnival, Epihany, Pesach, Hanukkah and many others. Being invited to a friends home for eating, partying, story telling and learning about the world. Experiences I will never forget.

We thought "West Side Story" to be a ridiculous separation of people because of their nationality.

I learned a variety of cuss words to!

White bread people are so gimp

Old 10-28-2016, 01:22 PM

782 posts, read 759,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
South fl may be the exception, but at least in central FL, that no income tax thing is important and we end up having lower sales and lower property tax than Texas which also has no income tax.

The higher your salary in FL, the more an income tax elsewhere would affect you at the same salary level.
Like I keep repeating, the OP lives in Coral Springs, which is in SoFla, anything else about the rest of the state is immaterial.

This applies to the very high cost of living, so the no income tax point in SoFla is moot when the benefit is eaten up by other high costs that don't exist in other states.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Never been to SD but if you go to Google street view you can see grafilthy there too(it's all over CA). Their cities are dirty(maybe Sacramento is the exception being a lot smaller(?), IDK it's been years since I've been there).

And no I said in 1989 LA was clean. When I passed through in 1998(Glendale, on I-5), there was graffiti all along the freeway walls. I can't imagine what it looks like now. South FL is much cleaner by comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33F2H1Yvf28
You are only cherry picking certain areas, I can show you lot's of areas in SoFla that are bad as well.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:40 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
You are only cherry picking certain areas, I can show you lot's of areas in SoFla that are bad as well.
Ok. South FL is not the cleanest in terms of graffiti, however, compared with what I've seen in LA, SD should not be far behind. Also, SD would be more comparable to Tampa Bay(similar size give and take). TB has virtually no graffiti(except murals).

Old 10-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I thought twice before entering my post and based on your posts you give the impression of being a bigot and elitist.

Perhaps if your posts actually presented your point it could be understood

It makes no difference who your friends were. Your posts "No TooJay's or Various Bagel place types either, "is it Kosher?" "

Kosher is a term for foods that conform to the regulations of Jewish dietary law.

Obviously you have a problem with someone asking if food meets their religious dietary requirements.]

Your posts indicate that you also have a disdain for those from New York City. It is too bad that you were unable to assimilate with people from a different region of the U.S. I guess they presented a challenge to you.

An elitist is a person who believes that they are superior to others because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors. "When you mix a high senior population, with a NY/NJ and etc population along with tossing in the League of Nations, mainly Spanish Speaking along with other Caribbean Poor Countries and so on......"

"stuck watching Univision or Telemundo and sticking with their kind."

Sounds elitist to me.

Oh, by the way: My ability to perceive is very well honed as I can see straight through folks like you.

Now run along....
You don't get it and you never will.

I do have a "disdain" for SOME people from NYC, but not all mainly people from Long Island, but again not all. Your comments and beliefs further reinforce why NY's in general are not well favored in SoFla among many, I heard a lot of negative comments from natives when I lived here about the worse bunch and NY was always the top of the list.

The level of entitlement and obnoxious attitude shine brightly and if anyone has issues with "Assimilating" then take off that NY Yankees hat and stop saying "Fuggedaboutit".

Move along and slice my deli meat paper thin and hand me a sample to eat with my dirty hands while touching that bacteria ridden shopping cart at Publix.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Ok. South FL is not the cleanest in terms of graffiti, however, compared with what I've seen in LA, SD should not be far behind. Also, SD would be more comparable to Tampa Bay(similar size give and take). TB has virtually no graffiti(except murals).
San Diego County has 3 times the population of Hillsborough, I'm also discussing the entire county on a whole, not just the city limits. I'm also not discussing or including any area outside of SoFla as it's immaterial to the OP.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbig View Post
Sales tax in most major cities in California is around 9% up to 10% in some places. That's a big difference. Houses cost at least twice as much as in FL maybe more. So even if the tax rate is lower the actual property tax bill would be higher. It clearly costs more to live in California.
Sales tax varies all over the state as it does in FL. Miami is 7% combined and yet median incomes on average are very low.

Also I'm only discussing SoFla and not the more affordable, often less desirable locations of FL, in SoFla housing is very expensive to buy and rent based on the median incomes for many professionals and people in general.

Like I said I moved from the West Palm Beach area to the San Diego Area and have proven your statement of "it clearly costing more to live in California" wrong. With a substantial increase in income, I now am able to pay off debts, invest higher into my 401K and save money. Whether or not we buy a house is still up in the air, because now prices are too high and the bubble will soon pop, so we will wait it out. Also get the McMansion ideal out of your mind, not everyone needs or wants that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida