U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 PM

3 posts, read 12,747 times

Advertisements

Wow those are beautiful pictures. Especially like the macro of the shells.

Where are you relocating to in our great state?

Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM

147 posts, read 662,509 times
Question Idea for pictures

This is my first post (even though I've been reading the posts here for a few months now).

One picture is worth a "thousand" words, and I seek out the pictures. We love Florida because of the warm weather and the magnificent scenery. Thanks SO MUCH for the pictures!

I'm wondering (mods, administrator, members) if each state could have a photo album of their own, a subheading for "pictures/photos." Members could post the pictures of their states or regions. Recently there was a notice about how many pictures there were posted in the different forums. That's where I would go immediately if I wanted information about a state, area, or region - to the photo album. Then I would read all the statements, opinions, and information about the area, i.e. cost of living, jobs, taxes, local economy, particular problems - but first I would start with the photo album.

Judlea

Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 17,731 times
I'll be in the New Smyrna Beach area. I'll have more pictures soon. I'm visiting next month too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkProp2007 View Post
Wow those are beautiful pictures. Especially like the macro of the shells.

Where are you relocating to in our great state?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 8,872 times
here's some good old fashioned Kiteboarding photos for ya.. taken in Grant-Valkaria on the intracoastal waterway...

Old 01-26-2007, 07:03 PM

317 posts, read 1,121,653 times
Default Shores9 - where do you live?

If you have wildlife like your photos in your backyard............I want to live there! Your pictures ....are the passion...in my life. Egrets, Blue Herons....
Spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
Here are a few pic from out my back door

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/backyardregulars.gif (broken link)

Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 PM

628 posts, read 1,674,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
If you have wildlife like your photos in your backyard............I want to live there! Your pictures ....are the passion...in my life. Egrets, Blue Herons....
Spectacular!
Nancy Lynne

Thank you. I have lived several places since I moved to Florida in 2001. I first came to Seminole in Pinellas County where the Gator and the below left picture were taken. From there I moved to Waterchase in NW Hillsborough and now I live in Venetian Isles (just north of down town St Pete) where the 2 bottom right pics (and many others) were taken.

You mentioned else ware you were a photography buff. I shoot with a Nikon D50 – a mid level not quite professional Digital SLR (several lenses) and primarily use Adobe Photoshop CS and Macromedia Studio 8 software. The Nikon D50 shoots at about 3 frames per second which is a major advantage in capturing great wildlife shots. I usually load a 1 gig card and shoot at the highest resolution (yields about 300 shots per gig). Outside of some [pictures] that have needed color correction most of the shots I have posted are basically straight from the camera just compressed down in file size for easy upload.

No matter what equipment or software that you have taking pictures can be fun and rewarding. You don’t need much more than a 2-3 mega pixel camera to take great shots and chances are if you look into your camera equipment package or on your computer you will find photo organizing and editing software. There are also plenty of free on line programs like Google’s Picasa that are worth a look.

Ps one last suggestion… when you get that great shot and want to put it into a frame have it printed at a Wal Mart or Costco on a professional printing machine and professional paper. Normal size 4x6 prints are about $.17 per print. Printing from an inkjet at home can’t compare!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Assorted pictures from South Beach This Weekend

[CENTER]Three of the many spectacular Art Deco Hotels and Buildings
The Sagamore, The National, and DeLano

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/SBeachForum14.jpg (broken link)

A Mosaic Art Tile Ceiling at the National
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/SBeachForum21.jpg (broken link)

The Art Deco Bar at the National
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/SBeachForum19.jpg (broken link)

The Pool at the National
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/SBeachForum23.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 PM

5 posts, read 10,147 times
south beach is really great do you have more???

Old 01-29-2007, 07:13 PM

495 posts, read 2,079,820 times
This is the "other Florida". Near Orange Lake in North Marion County. That is the Lochloosa Wildlife Refugee across the lake from this cattle ranch near Evinston

Old 01-29-2007, 08:03 PM

[CENTER]South Beach Diet ??? A fresh Wrap and a bottle of Cabernet

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/SBeachForum31.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or