U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 03:07 PM

181 posts, read 87,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Really depends on what you are looking for... If you want to be right on a beach where you could occasionally surf... Orlando is not good

If you want to be able to live your life speaking only Spanish.... Miami is for you

The people in Orlando are not stuck going to the same beach all the time. New Smyrna, Daytona, Cocoa, St. Augustine etc. are all totally different beaches. Same situation on the West Coast. Different beaches in different towns and cities. Different atmospheres. Less boring then going to the same beach all the time. I've lived near beaches and have lived away from them and I think that it's more fun to have more options depending on my mood then going to the same place over and over.

I don't speak much Spanish and I don't have any issues in Miami. People speak English there too. After all, it is in America. Your comment sounds like a Miami stereotype. And there are just as many people that speak Spanish in Central Florida as there are in South Florida. Lots of people all over Florida speak Spanish. If you can't handle that some people speak Spanish then Florida is not for you never mind Miami.

But the question was which city in Florida do you think is best. Not which cities do you think others would think are best.

I love all of Florida. Even the parts I don't like. (Except for Tampa)

Last edited by Alabamarose; 11-03-2016 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 03:08 PM

1,750 posts, read 1,621,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Tampa....really?? The city with the empty/dark downtown after 5pm? LOL...ok.
There's about 8-10K people living in or around DT Tampa now.. hardly empty..also lots of projects lined up.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM

21,114 posts, read 30,196,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
There's about 8-10K people living in or around DT Tampa now.. hardly empty..also lots of projects lined up.
It's still not at the level of St Pete which was snorted at earlier in the thread.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
It's not totally empty after 5pm. In fact there are plenty of weird people that come out of the shadows there.

Last edited by Alabamarose; 11-03-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
It's still not at the level of St Pete which was snorted at earlier in the thread.
I view this area as one. It's called Tampa Bay. People like to separate Hillsborough/Pinellas..it's one metro area with many DT's..

Old 11-03-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
It's not totally empty after 5pm. In fact there are plenty of weird people that come out of the shadows there. Last time I was in Tampa after 5pm a man asked me if he could use my lighter. I handed it to him. He used it and gave it back to me. Then he said to me with a real creepy look on his face " you better wash that lighter. My hands are dirty. Real dirty" and by the way he said it I could tell that he didn't mean that they were dirty from working in a garden. I threw it out then ran away to wash my hands. And no, I have never encountered anyone more normal then him after 5pm there. Tampa is gross.
That lighter was already gross from smoking.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
That lighter was already gross from smoking.
How do you know if it's purpose was for smoking? I used to be a Girl Scout. A good Girl Scout is always prepared. I also carry a poncho in my pocketbook in case it rains. You are just cranky because I said that that area is gross and is infested with gross people and you clearly don't feel the same. And I decided to edit that experience out because I wish I could edit it out of my memory. But you saved it for me. Thanks.

Last edited by Alabamarose; 11-03-2016 at 03:52 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 06:45 PM
TD*

1,513 posts, read 3,115,481 times
Tallahassee

Old 11-03-2016, 10:27 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,673,345 times
Quote:
Yes, the Tampa that has a couple of hundred million dollars being invested into it's downtown by the owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning and the founder of Microsoft... And that's only one downtown project.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:50 PM

17,879 posts, read 17,726,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
I get what people are saying about Orlando and I agree with that too. But I also really like Coral Gables.
And I don't get why people hate Miami so much. No one ever has anything nice to say about it.
I love Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Brickell

These areas would be my second choice to live after Orlando. However, if I could afford a nice house on a canal, I'd choose to live there over Orlando lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or