U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:31 AM

81 posts, read 70,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You will love it here cindy and jk508. Justin230 you just live in a enormous and crowded metro, Old florida is still out there and there are tons of nice small towns and rural areas in florida. Actually so much of the population gain and subsequent over development in florida has come from illegal immigration, an issue that is going to have to be dealt with soon enough , no matter who wins the election

I was just in gulfport which is like 10 minutes from st pete and is a gorgeous little town with a great arts scene and lots of cool little cafes and restaurants gr. tons of those quaint little beachfront towns near st pete around like dunedin, alot more nice small towns and country when you get away from the coast

dunedin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry8jpJSeZNs

gulfport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkP0KsXMxME

For Cindy and jk I would come and stay a while and really research the various areas and use air band b and visit alot of places, its all about where you live in florida. I read spring hillian mention mt dora and thats where my great grandparents are from, its old florida at its best. This is a wonderful b and b where you can explore mt dora https://www.yelp.com/biz/adora-inn-mount-dora

there are some really nice b and b s in dunedin and caladesi island is a must see. Once you guys see a real palm tree and grow an orange tree and all types of amazing things and see the gorgeous rivers and beaches you love florida. I couldnt grow much in maryland, much less a palm or citrus

dunedin
Will probably end up in Dixie, Gilchrist, or north Levy County. Seems like my best option to avoid living in a area that will get developed, & Gainesville is only 45-60 minutes away which I would only go to for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,131,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin230 View Post
Will probably end up in Dixie, Gilchrist, or north Levy County. Seems like my best option to avoid living in a area that will get developed, & Gainesville is only 45-60 minutes away which I would only go to for work.
Life is full of choices everyday
Go where you will be the happiest but don't waste today. It may be all we get............

Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM

1,003 posts, read 572,078 times
I have plans on moving to TN or GA, or the Carolinas too. The weather here sucks.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
I have plans on moving to TN or GA, or the Carolinas too. The weather here sucks.
70's and 80's suck? LOL
To each his own....go where you will be happier

Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,855,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
70's and 80's suck? LOL
Oh my god yes. I've been down here since Thursday. With the humidity even 75 can feel really hot to some people.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:14 PM

23 posts, read 10,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
70's and 80's suck? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Oh my god yes. I've been down here since Thursday. With the humidity even 75 can feel really hot to some people.
You two have clearly never experienced Florida between May and October. The highs are above 90 for this entire span with extremely high humidity throughout the day. And at night, there is no real cooldown, 75 as a low if you are lucky. The Floridian weather you northern snowbirds think of is in no way representative of our state's climate for the majority of the year.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:21 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,855,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maitland View Post
You two have clearly never experienced Florida between May and October. The highs are above 90 for this entire span with extremely high humidity throughout the day. And at night, there is no real cooldown, 75 as a low if you are lucky. The Floridian weather you northern snowbirds think of is in no way representative of our state's climate for the majority of the year.
What? I was agreeing that the weather is crap. I grew up in Florida, I believe I know a thing or two about Florida at its hottest. But thanks!

Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maitland View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. You don't know me but I will explain. I have been to Florida in the hottest months many times......June, July, August, September. I have been to many places in Florida........Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, North Reddington Beach, Ft Myers, Beverly Hills, Crystal River, Miami, Key West. Yes, I know Florida has two temps---Hot and Hotter. I get it
Here in Wisconsin we can have 10 degrees in the morning and then 60 a few hours later, then it will snow at night. Crazy. We have the four seasons here.....sometimes all in one day. Anywho, I think some people just get tired of where they are so they move. No worries.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:44 PM

1,127 posts, read 675,203 times
70's feel cool to me and 80's are perfect. The 55 deg weather we get first thing in the morning are downright cold. Looking forward to the return of summer.

I've been looking at places a little farther north and the winter temps aren't going to cut it. Probably end up going another hour south before I'd ever go north.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:05 PM

16,064 posts, read 9,242,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
East TN for the best cost and a lovely area. NC next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida