U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:02 PM

32 posts, read 254,983 times

Advertisements

To the individual, who apparently hates Florida, who is repeatedly posting the same negativity on every single thread:

I think we've gotten your point. You hate Florida. Florida has many problems. Thank you for your valuable input. Can we please stop turning every single thread into "Why Florida sucks?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2006, 03:05 PM

263 posts, read 906,155 times
Can I get an 'Amen'?

Old 11-30-2006, 03:07 PM

13,382 posts, read 40,872,383 times
Yes, you can. Amen!

Old 11-30-2006, 03:38 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,239,470 times
Just leave the state and see if the other states are better. If you are not part of the solution don't be a bump in the road.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:51 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,342,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BambiTurner View Post
To the individual, who apparently hates Florida, who is repeatedly posting the same negativity on every single thread:

I think we've gotten your point. You hate Florida. Florida has many problems. Thank you for your valuable input. Can we please stop turning every single thread into "Why Florida sucks?"

Its good to know what an area is like from both sides. If I was selling I would tell you what you want to hear. But the truth about an area is not what you will get from a seller. If someone hates Florida fine. You may hate it also when you get here. I have been here all my life and if you read my posts you will find alot of what I said is now in the paper as news. Just take the good with the bad and find out for yourself and Good Luck with your move.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,934,528 times
I agree that it is good to know both sides but to make comments about areas that you havent lived in can be misleading.
Also with all large cities there are bad sections why give the impression that the whole city is horrid.
I love Jacksonville and will defend it when somone makes comments that aren't the true picture.
If I listened to all of the negative things that they say on the Atlanta boards, job promotion or not I wouldn't be moving there. I went there myself and checked it out.
Karla

Old 11-30-2006, 05:32 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Its good to know what an area is like from both sides. If I was selling I would tell you what you want to hear. But the truth about an area is not what you will get from a seller. If someone hates Florida fine. You may hate it also when you get here. I have been here all my life and if you read my posts you will find alot of what I said is now in the paper as news. Just take the good with the bad and find out for yourself and Good Luck with your move.
It is good to have both sides of a point of view. All sorts of people are saying bad things about FL. The reason is beacuse the middle class is being squeezed and drive out from here by rising costs, property taxes, insurance, bad wages. People are losing their homes, being forced to live 40, 50, even 80 miles away from work, just to make ends meet. Is that what America is all about?

Go to Moderator cut: URL cut and see the top story today about this family who is taking out an equity line just to pay their property taxes for this year. It is awful. It is a crisis that is being reviewed now and will only have possible solution by Dec 2007!!

Moderator cut: URL cut
Peace out.

Chris

Old 11-30-2006, 05:50 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,342,031 times
I dont see anyone posting about the homeless, 1000s of them are here and keep coming. This is a crisis too. The grass is greener I guess.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:44 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,239,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I dont see anyone posting about the homeless, 1000s of them are here and keep coming. This is a crisis too. The grass is greener I guess.

See below:

The Department of Children and Families' most recent Florida Annual Report on Homeless Conditions in Florida 2006 estimates that approximately 85,907 persons are homeless in Florida on any given day. According to the same report, “based upon the continuum of care plans filed with the Department in 2005, there were a total of 59,372 persons who were homeless, of which 27,265 persons were sheltered in emergency or transitional housing. This left forty-six (46) percent without shelter services. The existing housing supply to serve the homeless (emergency, transitional, permanent) totals 31,840 beds, enough to serve fifty-four (54) percent of the homeless.

http://www.flacoalitionhomeless.com/

Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
See below:

The Department of Children and Families' most recent Florida Annual Report on Homeless Conditions in Florida 2006 estimates that approximately 85,907 persons are homeless in Florida on any given day. According to the same report, “based upon the continuum of care plans filed with the Department in 2005, there were a total of 59,372 persons who were homeless, of which 27,265 persons were sheltered in emergency or transitional housing. This left forty-six (46) percent without shelter services. The existing housing supply to serve the homeless (emergency, transitional, permanent) totals 31,840 beds, enough to serve fifty-four (54) percent of the homeless.

http://www.flacoalitionhomeless.com/
Are you surprised? People lose their homes as they live paycheck to paycheck and if they get laid off, they can be homeless overnight.

That is what happens you are overstreched, trying to buy a place somehwre you know you cannot afford. To the middle class, this means FL is not for you.

This is sad, man. I feel bad for the homeless.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or