U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 02:49 PM

47 posts, read 222,479 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me information about Forrest Creek in Parrish, Florida?

Neal Communities are building Key West homes. The builder says they are building them at cost and just making profit on the land so they can keep their crews working.

Does anyone know this builder? Or does anyone know any others in the $150,000 range? I hear that Pulte is also promoting cheaper housing.

thanks.

Last edited by fl1025; 02-29-2008 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: added text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,301 times
Default Forest Creek Parrish Florida

Hi I live in southern NJ. My father in law lives in Ellenton Fl. He is trying to talk us into moving there. My husband was recently there visiting and went and looked at the new homes in Forest creek. He liked the Freshwater model which starts at 177,000.00. However I was reading some posts where they said there is CCD etc involved in living there. What is CCD mean? None of this was mentioned to me.

Zannie

Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 AM

233 posts, read 634,163 times
Default Cdd

You can do a search on this forum regarding what a CDD fee is. Essentially, you will be paying more on your tax bill for the infrastructure in your development. The Neal "cottages" seem to be selling pretty well. They are very close together, but I suppose that's OK with many buyers now.

Plute does not have a very good reputation, but perhaps someone else here can speak for them. Those houses are also on top of one another.

If you are looking in the Ellenton/Parrish area, you may want to check out Morrison Homes (Aberdeen) or Creekside, or Ancient Oaks. Always ask about any additional fees, including both the HOA and CDD amounts due.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1025 View Post
Can anyone give me information about Forrest Creek in Parrish, Florida?

Neal Communities are building Key West homes. The builder says they are building them at cost and just making profit on the land so they can keep their crews working.

Does anyone know this builder? Or does anyone know any others in the $150,000 range? I hear that Pulte is also promoting cheaper housing.

thanks.
Yes you can contact me and I will try to help. I am not a sales person.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM

42 posts, read 67,560 times
I live in one of Neal's "workforce housing" priced developments.

Our biggest criticism is that the house is so poorly insulated and there are only two air vents to cool/heat 800 sq ft of open floor space.

We roast in the summer and freeze in the winter.

Before purchasing we heard about Neal's great reputation. From what we've seen everything he puts into the house is cheap and the house is as cheaply constructed as any other builder.

I'd say maybe we got what we paid for, but I don't think we got a bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or