U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
ARC

181 posts, read 718,584 times

Advertisements

well, that might true for you, but my H really isn't all that happy. It's complicated, yes, and it's job related and related to this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
Maybe there are just a whole lot of us in denial. We think we're happy and love it, but in reality we're living in the Matrix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,711 times
Quote:
May be a crazy question...but if you don't like FL, why are you here??? I just don't understand all of the people who complain about Florida, who seem to loathe the state, yet don't leave!
In case you have not noticed, most people on this board are former Floridians or are leaving FL within the next few months or so. I am leaving in end of Feb or beg of March 2007. Just waiting for my rental contract to expire. Can't wait!

Good luck!

Chris

Old 12-03-2006, 10:05 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,869,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
In case you have not noticed, most people on this board are former Floridians or are leaving FL within the next few months or so.

I have not noticed this. Some people keep posting the same negative stuff over and over again--that, I have noticed.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:25 AM

467 posts, read 1,548,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post

I have not noticed this. Some people keep posting the same negative stuff over and over again--that, I have noticed.
same thing i notice. its just redundant.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 AM

269 posts, read 962,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
My house is sold and we are moving out of Florida. I did love it here but too many things have happened that changed my mind. Hurricanes aren't fun.
Come on Boo, you're not leaving becuase you hated FL, you're leaving becuase you missed family in PA. You'll be coming down to visit often, guaranteed.

If not, we'll be hearing about the onset of your Seasonal Affective Disorder...don't forget, I'm from NE PA, where you're going. You'll soon remember what it's like to go from the majority of days/year being near perfect weather-wise to 8 months of oppressive cold, clouds, rain, etc.

I wish you the best of luck, sincerely. And there are things that I miss as well...but you weren't one of the true targets of my question...i.e. Someone who hates FL and just stays, complains, and tries to warn others of their impending doom.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:01 PM

247 posts, read 992,259 times
It is sunny here about 310 days of the year, which is nice. You can golf all year, which is nice, you can garden all year, boat all year...... etc.

I see a change for the worse, but I'm not leaving ..... yet. maybe when I retire but I would miss Florida. I lived here before A/C came on the scene and will be here a while yet, at least 5 years.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:11 PM

598 posts, read 2,033,808 times
scamutz - do you commute to tampa work work? hmmm, now you got me thinking... if taxes and hoi are better there in WC maybe I should consider a move out that way? What would that drive be like everyday?

btw, i don't think i've ever said i hated florida, just extremeley frustrated with it right now.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:45 PM

269 posts, read 962,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
scamutz - do you commute to tampa work work? hmmm, now you got me thinking... if taxes and hoi are better there in WC maybe I should consider a move out that way? What would that drive be like everyday?

btw, i don't think i've ever said i hated florida, just extremeley frustrated with it right now.
I drive into tampa for work one day every other week...and I'll admit it's not fun. Most days I work up in Brooksville and hit zero traffic. My wife works at UCH, but doesn't drive during rush hour. If I had to drive through rush hour traffic everyday, I'd bet my stress level would be significantly higher.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:38 PM

598 posts, read 2,033,808 times
Quote:
I drive into tampa for work one day every other week...and I'll admit it's not fun. Most days I work up in Brooksville and hit zero traffic. My wife works at UCH, but doesn't drive during rush hour. If I had to drive through rush hour traffic everyday, I'd bet my stress level would be significantly higher.
lol Driving is a large part of the day for my job. I'm definately in the thick of it seeing clients in Tampa as well as Clearwater and YES the stress level is rather high at times! Your Tampa adventure isn't too bad then. I think you're right... rush hour probably would be pretty taxing. Booksville is great, wish there were more jobs up that way You are very fortunate. Glad Florida is working out for you.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:09 PM

48 posts, read 177,793 times
Default I know I will get some comments from this one

I liked your thread and then saw the Here's why that followed. Poeple do have real life problems on life's terms but they do seem to sit in the negativity. My sister wanted to relocate but couldn't because my brother-in-law said his mother was too old and he couldn't leave her. My sister put up with that excuse for 2 years. She moved the whole family and the mother-in-law. It wasn't easy...but she stopped putting up with hearing "We Can't". They are sooooo happy now. "Victory without risk is triumph without glory". She said if it doesn't work you just come back...you only live once. Can't live wishing and complaining, it will affect your health and happiness. Sometimes if you try to be really creative with your thinking it can work. This isn't true for everyone, some just have situations completely out of their control and can't make the move regardless of money, creative thinking... Although, I think many tell themselves they can't without truly investigating. Many can do it, but it is easier to sit back and be a whining victim than a creative go-getter. I know I will get some comments from this one. Remember, It's a totally negative forum! Just think about it before you blast me with your negativity. I know for some it is just out of the question to make the move and I do not direct my commmets to you. If anything I feel certain life is unfair for many. But, is it really out of the question for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
I agree with you, Scamutz. There is too much negativity about Florida on this forum. I want to move down next year but now I am scared. I have a place to live but I'll need a job. But reading how everyone is so down about living there I might as well stay in NY. Everyone should be incouraging people to come to beautiful Florida and be thankful we are not illegal ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or