Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:37 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
Get ya some of the those battery powered mittens!
yeah there were times when it made your fingers and feet hurt, oh and even your lungs would hurt breathing that air. The whole chore of getting to work just sucked, especially when your car never got warm enough to get the heater going before you arrived shiver shiver shiver...
ha ha....i remember all that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2006, 10:07 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I have hated this state since I moved here in 1979 to take care of my mother who was about my age now!!! The doctor said it would kill her to move, so I resigned my self to stay and then I had a daughter by a wonderful man that had one of the few good jobs in Florida and he did not want to leave and I did not want nor would I of taken his daughter away from him, he unfortunately died last year at 59, and my daughter wants to move but my mother who is now 82 can't and lets me know she would not know what to do without me, so we are still here hating this state. I own a house and now can't afford it because of insurance and taxes and no raises. The nice quiet neighborhood that I live in no longer exists, people are living two families to a house, roads are terrible, costs are going up and wages aren't.If my Mom would move with us my two daughters and 19 year old grandson would be out of here.
Oh wow.... I am sorry about all this. We often discuss the issues of high cost of living, crime, low wages, overcrowding, but you have experienced it all.
The roads are overused and there are a lot of potholes due to the "shifting" of the ground in FL. Now on ever mentioned that, surprisingly.

I truly hope you are able to get rid of your house and move somewhere else. Eastern Tennessee is wonderful... so many good, affordable clean places to live in the USA, I am sorry you got stuck here.

Best of everything to you!

Chris

Old 12-06-2006, 10:12 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
Yup, yup, yup. Someone said it's sunny 310 days out of the year... well that's also the number of days you'll be running the a/c! We were still running it yesterday until the cold front came through, and we keep our thermostat at 79, which is not exactly arctic.
It has been very very warm the last few days. Eletrical bill not going down. Hope it cools down some so we can turn the darned A/C off for a bit. We need to save every bit of $ we can.

One poster said everything in FL is controlled by electricity, it is true. It gets expensive. But with the # of crazy folks down here, I am GLAD there is no gas/propane... someone might just blow up/set fire to their building because they just got their new rental priaces or something!

Heh
Chris

Old 12-06-2006, 10:30 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
It has been very very warm the last few days. Eletrical bill not going down. Hope it cools down some so we can turn the darned A/C off for a bit. We need to save every bit of $ we can.

One poster said everything in FL is controlled by electricity, it is true. It gets expensive. But with the # of crazy folks down here, I am GLAD there is no gas/propane... someone might just blow up/set fire to their building because they just got their new rental priaces or something!

Heh
Chris
When we were down there, FPL bill ran $400-600 per month- in summer. We had 2 months where you got lucky and could open the windows. December is usually nice.

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida