U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:22 PM

226 posts, read 203,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You'll notice that not all of the comments are "very helpful" unless one is a raging racist or prone to accepting extreme exaggeration as "fact".

To help further in a fact-based suggestion, bear in mind it's more complex in Florida regarding political ideology than saying it progresses from north to south, bottom to top. The I-4 corridor which runs on a diagonal from Daytona Beach to Tampa is a great example. North and South of I-4 can vary considerably and pretty much does outside of the immediate vicinity of Orlando which is an "island of blue" surrounded by largely "red counties". Besides neighboring Kissimmee/Osceola County which is blue via it's majority Puerto Rican population the corridor doesn't swing "blue" again until you reach Tampa/Hillsborough County which like Orlando is heavily pocketed at the core as "blue" and tips that direction versus the sea of conservative "red" surrounding it. If one is searching for more consistent "blue" versus sporadic instances you need to be in SE Florida (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe counties) otherwise there's the other high population "islands" like Tampa, Orlando or St Petersburg, or the more progressive college towns of Gainesville or Tallahassee (also state capital).
Thank you for calling me a racist, a term that is used far too often today. Who is the arbiter, is he elected or self-appointed who decides which people you can talk about and be racist or not racist. If ever I see a comment I disagree I am not required to act on it only for reading. To be a WHITE MALE today ( I have two sons who qualify) is to be open to the worst most horrible slander and abuse. I resent it but nothing I can do about it. I also resent being called a racist because I said someones comments were helpful.

I have a mind, am reasonably intelligent, pay my own bills and have lived a long life. Even though I am white, it will no doubt be a shock to you (one you may deny) I have been the victim of racism more than once and not so long ago. But then nowadays its okay to hate white people.

Overall the claim of RACIST has been so overused it no longer has the impact it should. Nowadays if someone says in a dating profile that the mate they seek should be white then RACIST, THE CALL GOES OUT. What I call racist is when you engage in hate speach or threaten someone and cause them fear and anxiety. Just mentioning there are lots of a certain race somewhere is NOT RACIST just so you know. And I wonder how you manage to do your own laundry when you spend so much time taking stock of everyone elses?

Last edited by AmericnGrl; 02-27-2017 at 07:37 PM..

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Red counties offer decent working normal people while blue counties tend to be folks who want a free ride in life. You seem like the type that wants to live in a red county if you like being around normal hard working people.
you are correct indeed. I do believe in helping people in desperate circumstances but it should be voluntary and not forced on people by the government. And it shouldn't be a life-time entitlement and those who do receive ought to be grateful and say thank you rather than march in the street demanding MORE STUFF. I expect the moderator will be round any minute. Freedom of speech - liberals want it for liberals but no one else UNLESS they are in agreement with the liberal point of view.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:37 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,376,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
Thanks I definitely would not like that - I have heard there are large communities of muslims as well? Some mentioned leaving on account of it - oddly enough came to Missouri but I don't know where in Florida he was living before.
Florida's population is growing and getting more colorful. The only way to stop time is to move to a dying Midwestern community. Hebron Nebraska is calling you.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:31 AM

21,069 posts, read 30,083,399 times
Quote:
Thank you for calling me a racist, a term that is used far too often today. Who is the arbiter, is he elected or self-appointed who decides which people you can talk about and be racist or not racist. If ever I see a comment I disagree I am not required to act on it only for reading. To be a WHITE MALE today ( I have two sons who qualify) is to be open to the worst most horrible slander and abuse. I resent it but nothing I can do about it. I also resent being called a racist because I said someones comments were helpful.

I have a mind, am reasonably intelligent, pay my own bills and have lived a long life. Even though I am white, it will no doubt be a shock to you (one you may deny) I have been the victim of racism more than once and not so long ago. But then nowadays its okay to hate white people.

Overall the claim of RACIST has been so overused it no longer has the impact it should. Nowadays if someone says in a dating profile that the mate they seek should be white then RACIST, THE CALL GOES OUT. What I call racist is when you engage in hate speach or threaten someone and cause them fear and anxiety. Just mentioning there are lots of a certain race somewhere is NOT RACIST just so you know. And I wonder how you manage to do your own laundry when you spend so much time taking stock of everyone elses?
I didn't call you a racist if you can both read and comprehend. Also, saying that you're two heterosexual white sons have had to endure the worst slander and abuse as White Americans is probably one of the most outrageous comments I may have ever heard as a Gay man in his mid-50s ,who has lived through some pretty awful verbal and physical abuse because of the fact....not to mention people of African-American, Asian, Middle Eastern and Hispanic descent. Seriously, snap out of your little bubble world and maybe read up on what's actually going on in the real world and after doing so....count your blessings as a heterosexual white woman with two white heterosexual sons.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:35 AM

160 posts, read 134,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika929 View Post
Fort Myers is really quiet
Fort Myers is crime ridden though with small petty crimes.
Not true at all. Small areas of Ft Myers has crime, like in many moderate sized cities. I live in South Fort Myers and rarely have any crime around here. Most of Ft. Myers is very safe

Old 02-28-2017, 07:04 AM

65 posts, read 40,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You'll notice that not all of the comments are "very helpful" unless one is a raging racist or prone to accepting extreme exaggeration as "fact".

To help further in a fact-based suggestion, bear in mind it's more complex in Florida regarding political ideology than saying it progresses from north to south, bottom to top. The I-4 corridor which runs on a diagonal from Daytona Beach to Tampa is a great example. North and South of I-4 can vary considerably and pretty much does outside of the immediate vicinity of Orlando which is an "island of blue" surrounded by largely "red counties". Besides neighboring Kissimmee/Osceola County which is blue via it's majority Puerto Rican population the corridor doesn't swing "blue" again until you reach Tampa/Hillsborough County which like Orlando is heavily pocketed at the core as "blue" and tips that direction versus the sea of conservative "red" surrounding it. If one is searching for more consistent "blue" versus sporadic instances you need to be in SE Florida (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe counties) otherwise there's the other high population "islands" like Tampa, Orlando or St Petersburg, or the more progressive college towns of Gainesville or Tallahassee (also state capital).
although, Tallahassee is really red.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
Florida's population is growing and getting more colorful. The only way to stop time is to move to a dying Midwestern community. Hebron Nebraska is calling you.
Who said I wanted to stop time. Nebraska and Florida are worlds apart - if I wanted to move to a cold god-forsaken place I'd have chosen Nebraska but you will notice I did NOT INQUIRE ABOUT NEBRRASKA. I chose Florida for the warmer weather - that's okay you can move to dying Hebron, Nebraska - let us know how you like it.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:52 AM

10,540 posts, read 10,753,558 times
Quote:
Thank you for calling me a racist, a term that is used far too often today.
He didn't call you a racist

Old 03-02-2017, 05:35 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,376,284 times
Quote:
Who said I wanted to stop time. Nebraska and Florida are worlds apart - if I wanted to move to a cold god-forsaken place I'd have chosen Nebraska but you will notice I did NOT INQUIRE ABOUT NEBRRASKA. I chose Florida for the warmer weather - that's okay you can move to dying Hebron, Nebraska - let us know how you like it.
Perhaps you would be happy in the panhandle or gulf coast regions. Many mid-westerners flock to the gulf while the Atlantic coast is full of Canadians (at least this time of year) and folks from the east coast.

I had relatives in Hebron. And they were nice folks, but it was a place stuck in time and not growing. I doubt that they have any of the folks you want to avoid there - unless you don't like the American Legion.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 AM

5,726 posts, read 2,662,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
If you choose the Miami area then be ready to speak spanish. Cubans all over, Doral is almost like being in a 3rd world country. Horrible!
Are you aware that the name of the state of Florida is Spanish?

It has been for over 500 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida