U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 PM

8 posts, read 35,157 times

Advertisements

Thanks all for the replies but just to update I actually just got back the other day with my wife from Florida as we were doing our homework looking around. I have to agree with the posters here who said Palm Coast is really rural, actually rural was not exactly the wording my wife used she but wanted no part of moving there after seeing it. There are a ton of homes for sale down there and now I know why. Upon coming home my wife showed me this website:

http://www.palmcoast.biz/portal/foru...pics.asp?FID=6

If you look at the local news headlines to name a few are, gang violence on the rise, another drive-by shooting in palm coast, p section car break ins, and woman killed as she ran from kidnappers to name a few.

If I would have seen the above website I would not have even bothered going down there, my wife was pushing more for the Georgia area and now it looks like I am starting to agree with her as what I have read and seen is not where I would want to bring my wife nor raise my children.

It is hard enough leaving friends and family undertaking such a move but you would think it would be done for a better life. Although it would certianly be a less expensive life it would not be better for me at least.

To those still interested good luck and best wishes, it was just not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,134,675 times
I know, I'm the one that said it was too rural. My husband had been eyeing it for some time. We drove there and I said "not a chance." I was not about to move there. It was very disapointing ....

Old 01-15-2007, 06:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecap View Post
Port Orange , police force is the most courteous I've ever encountered.
Thats funny! they are second only to the 'shores police. I have to ask how long have you lived there?

PO stopped me for doing 17 in a 15 back when Devon St. was 15mph. But my parents friend got stop and let off while doing 43 on the same st/same day/same cop.

As a former longtime resident of PO (`78 )I've seen and heard about all sorts of stupid crap with that cities leo's. Cops beating thier girlfriends, racing around blind curves side-by-side while in police cars and hitting a power pole!

The best was going to work @5am and pulling into the company parking lot as a cop pulled in behind me w/orders to "STOP %SSHOLE"! As I was walking , my boss was also walking in and asked what the F.... was going on and was told to walk away, thankfully he didn't and demanded to know why I was being hassled and asked for a shift officer to come. The tone from the cop changed in a blink, why had he pulled me over? No reason was ever given- this was back in the mid 90's. I had the same car for 8yrs and went to work on the same roads 6days a wk, I got followed most days and got pulled over atleast once a month. Never was given any tickets as I knew they would be behind me and did the limit evrday. The reasons for getting pulled over was they thought I was coming home from the bars- wow same couple of cops NEVER knew it was me going to work? After stopping me for yrs they couldn't notice it was the same car/same time/same roads.

Sure.... uh huh real courteous.
Glad I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or