Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM

331 posts, read 1,544,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
The best approach will be to establish new areas for the Florida forum. Rather than list cities, use an area for example:

Central Florida
South Florida
North East Florida
North West Florida

And list the cities that apply to the region. Forum by cities are limiting, if the members are interested, please type the cities towns that will apply to each region and I will do a proposal to the forum leadership.

Suggestions?
That would be best. Becasue whenever one starts talking about a specific city, neighboring cities are often dragged into the conversation. For example, threads about Ft. Myers/Cape Coral are almost always destined to become intertwined with the area from Bradenton to Naples at some point. It would only be natural and very practical to separate that entire area(Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, North Port, Port Charlotte, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples - or Manatee, Sarasota, Lee, Collier counties to make the list shorter) into a SW Florida sub-forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider1 View Post
That would be best. Becasue whenever one starts talking about a specific city, neighboring cities are often dragged into the conversation. For example, threads about Ft. Myers/Cape Coral are almost always destined to become intertwined with the area from Bradenton to Naples at some point. It would only be natural and very practical to separate that entire area(Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, North Port, Port Charlotte, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples - or Manatee, Sarasota, Lee, Collier counties) into a SW Florida sub-forum.

Great suggestion, lets list the counties under the applicable area....

Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Chuck I think that would be a great idea! I would also include Sarasota/Charlotte counties in the SW Florida category.

I agree..........

Would be also good if only home owners/buyers could have a slot . If there was a way to pull that off it would be good I think.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 PM

384 posts, read 990,193 times
I definitely like city names rather than regions... regions are too big

Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,744,358 times
Ft. Myers+Cape Coral and Sarasota+Bradenton have enough traffic to add sub-forums for them. Naples+Bonita Springs is getting close in traffic, but not there yet. Also, some combination of St. Petersburg, Largo, and Clearwater could use a sub-forum. There is not enough traffic to add sub-forums for just single cities yet.

In general, we prefer not to create sub-forums for large geographical areas, such as SW Florida.

Another question is whether Ft. Lauderdale should be a separate sub-forum or should the Miami sub-forum be renamed to reflect the larger metro area.

Please make your opinions known in this thread. We can create polls with several options later.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
I would think that Ft Lauderdale ( area ) deserves it's own separate sub forum.

What about further up the coast? Palm Beach County?

There really are differences in areas and in some cases, major differences in areas, which almost necessitates these separate sub forums. IMO.

Thanks in advance for considering such new navigational changes/enhancements.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Sunrico,

If we are going to do it that way can we have a category for South West Florida?
I think that should have:
St. Pete-maybe-unless you wanted it under another heading
Tampa-maybe
Bradenton
Sarasota
Venice
North Port
Englewood
Punta Gorda
Cape Coral
Ft Myers
Naples

or you could do it by county:
Hernando
Pasco
Pinellas
Hillsborough
Manatee
Sarasota
Charlotte
Lee
Collier

Old 03-07-2008, 02:12 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
I like the areas Idea but I think there definetly needs to be a seperate forum for SEFL and SWFL they are like night and day

Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 AM

223 posts, read 496,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
I agree..........

Would be also good if only home owners/buyers could have a slot . If there was a way to pull that off it would be good I think.

So would we need a note from our Mommy's saying that we are going to buy a House to post?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM

126 posts, read 341,388 times
I thing ITS A GOOD THING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida