Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 07:11 PM
nwg nwg started this thread

3 posts, read 5,765 times

Advertisements

My husband accepted a job in Gainesville and we are relocating to Florida in a few months. I received an offer for a job in Ocala, I couldn't find anything in Gainesville. We are both young urban professionals with a fur-baby only. We would like to live in a luxury apartment building that caters to young professionals.

Are there any areas/apartments between Gainesville and Ocala that we could live in? We ideally want an apartment complex with young professionals to meet new people.

Thank you for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 08:40 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
I've only been in Gainesville about 2 years now. There are several small quaint towns in between Gainesville & Ocala (like McIntosh and Micanopy) but I don't know of any apartment complexes. It's horse country and farm lands. It's been awhile, but I did go to school with someone who rented a home in Micanopy--cool, laid back city known for its antiques.

I could give you more advice on Gainesville--very friendly city, lots of young people, and if you want to get further away from students, stay west of I75. This area is very dog friendly, and it's easy to make friends.

If you want to rent midway, maybe look at a home to rent--I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll have a big selection of apartments though. Even though you'll slit the difference in the commute with your husband, it may be more difficult to meet people; these towns are small--500 people, maybe a few thousand tops. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:49 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
My husband accepted a job in Gainesville and we are relocating to Florida in a few months. I received an offer for a job in Ocala, I couldn't find anything in Gainesville. We are both young urban professionals with a fur-baby only. We would like to live in a luxury apartment building that caters to young professionals.

Are there any areas/apartments between Gainesville and Ocala that we could live in? We ideally want an apartment complex with young professionals to meet new people.

Thank you for any suggestions!
There is very little in-between Gainesville and Ocala in terms of "civilization" and what'll you find in terms of housing/lifestyle is not going to resemble anything on your wish list. I would urge you to continue the job hunt in Gainesville and settle there as it will be your best bet for what you're looking for, or suck it up and make the 45 minute-ish drive to Ocala until you can find a job in Gainesville.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:27 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,769 times
There's absolutely nothing in the way of apartment communities popular with young professionals in between Gainesville or Ocala. Zippo. Nada. Zilch. The only thing available are horse farms, rural homes on acreage, trailers on acreage.

Your best bet is to find an apartment community (of which there are many) near the Williston Road exit of I-75. This is the southernmost exit in Gainesville and will cut 15-20 minutes off of your commute to Ocala. It'll still be a nasty 30-45 minute drive on I-75 depending on where in Ocala you work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida