Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 06:36 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times

Advertisements

We moved to FL from PA 8 1/2 years ago. I think it was one of the best moves we made. I like everything about FL except the many months of heat. I don't mind the heat, but would prefer to have less months of it. My DH has to work in it doing landscape design and it's not fun! He hates the heat and would like to move back to PA. That would not be an option for me b/c I don't like the long cold months. I would like the seasons though. So then to compromise, we want to move to NC. Hopefully, that would make both of us happy. We have to sell our house first though. The way the market is, we have no clue how long that will take. Like I said, I do not regret moving to central FL, I'm just ready for a change.

Last edited by beckycat; 08-06-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:21 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Nope not bashing the WHOLE STATE.... I actually liked Vero Beach, Sebastian, and the Melbourne/Palm Bay areas... Still do. SWFL really sucks now.

I guess we all need to shine up on our posts and say how wonderful it is here now?

You point out that I seem to be the only one on here talking negative about FL. And as usual, you people who love it here tear into us and rip our posts apart. I have also said positive things, if you would like to read back into my old posts as you seem to do. I have said very positive things on here to people...

I did say I wanted to come back here, little did I know it would end up one of the worst, most dumb mistakes I ever made. Well as for the newbies coming on here, don't you think they would ALSO like to hear the negative things about Florida too? Or are we going to mask it to be the promised land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hmmmm - have you forgotten this post? posted by you back in Feb of this year:

""Congrats to you! I am leaving tomorrow morning for Cape Coral. I cannot wait to see that "Welcome to Florida" sign!!!!!!!!!! No more cold and snow...""

Ther were many more from you at that time deriding the horrible cold and snow up there, the job wasn't what you expected, etc and you just couldn't wait to get back down here. So now, the weather here is not nice, you have had some personal issues and you just want to bash the ENTIRE STATE for your problems. I'm sorry, but I think you are taking your emotional baggage with you.

Personally, I really don't care who doesn't like it in Florida or wants to move - I only care that newbies here coming here for real info see all these posts from malcontents who are just never going to be happy and think that's the way we all feel. Some of us here are just trying to maintain a balance.

BacktoFl - I honestly hope you WILL be happy this time, but I think it's going to take some soul searching on your part.

Once again, good luck.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 PM

Don't bother arguing... It gets you nowhere on here but in trouble. I guess I am going to start saying all happy things from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
but if you were born, raised, and lived for DECADES with cold and snow, you adjust back very quickly. The first time I came back from living in Florida in my 20s, it was December when I left. I came back to a White Christmas. No, I wasn't freezing at all. I was up North for 30 years since then. I never missed the weather here. Sure, I/we would say around Feburary we were all sick of the cold weather, but for 99% of us that didn't mean we wanted to move. I, myself, would say that I wished it were April or May. I never wished for July or August, even in the middle of a blizzard.

Just like people born, raised, and living for decades in hot climates adust to it, other people born, raised, and living in cold climinates adjust to it.

It also helps if you actually prefer being cold to being hot. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Just click your heels together

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Don't bother arguing... It gets you nowhere on here but in trouble. I guess I am going to start saying all happy things from now on.
and keep on sayng, "There's no place like home, There's no place like home"!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Believe me, when I see the leaving Florida sign, that IS the doorway out, and it can slam as hard as it wants, hit me wherever it wants, don't care, because I don't want to see it again.

I have a feeling that you might be wanting to see the "Welcome to Florida" sign again come say....January! I'm not saying you don't like it here, but I am sure you will miss it when you are freezing and miserable.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hmmmm - have you forgotten this post? posted by you back in Feb of this year:

""Congrats to you! I am leaving tomorrow morning for Cape Coral. I cannot wait to see that "Welcome to Florida" sign!!!!!!!!!! No more cold and snow...""

Ther were many more from you at that time deriding the horrible cold and snow up there, the job wasn't what you expected, etc and you just couldn't wait to get back down here. So now, the weather here is not nice, you have had some personal issues and you just want to bash the ENTIRE STATE for your problems. I'm sorry, but I think you are taking your emotional baggage with you.

Personally, I really don't care who doesn't like it in Florida or wants to move - I only care that newbies here coming here for real info see all these posts from malcontents who are just never going to be happy and think that's the way we all feel. Some of us here are just trying to maintain a balance.

BacktoFl - I honestly hope you WILL be happy this time, but I think it's going to take some soul searching on your part.

Once again, good luck.
Great point and post!! I guess us gypsies think alike...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 PM

Don't bet on it. You CAN say I don't like it here, because I don't. I am really sure this time I will rather the cold and miserable, than this hot and miserable. Already made plans and reservations for a camping trip in October when I get there, can't do that here or you will die of heat stroke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
I have a feeling that you might be wanting to see the "Welcome to Florida" sign again come say....January! I'm not saying you don't like it here, but I am sure you will miss it when you are freezing and miserable.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Honestly, I'll admit.

About once a year I'm so, so happy to see this sign...

Then after a week in Florida...

This, to me... Is the greatest sign in the world...

Sorry, I no longer share the love for the Sunshine State...

Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 AM

Amen, I'm with ya brother!!! Good post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Honestly, I'll admit.

About once a year I'm so, so happy to see this sign...

Then after a week in Florida...

This, to me... Is the greatest sign in the world...

Sorry, I no longer share the love for the Sunshine State...

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM

I have decided that I am ready to get out of this...

And deal with this...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida