U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,299 times

Advertisements

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com....aspx?page=all

Better get the info. Health insurance is a major priviledge for the very rich and the "top of the food chain" folks down here. So is good pay - good pay is hard to come by!

See out other boards, specially the "Fl is becoming a 3rd world country) thread. Veyr informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,481,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com....aspx?page=all

Better get the info. Health insurance is a major priviledge for the very rich and the "top of the food chain" folks down here. So is good pay - good pay is hard to come by!

See out other boards, specially the "Fl is becoming a 3rd world country) thread. Veyr informative.
from what I have heard, in other states: It is on the news regarding the florida HOI, Property, etc. crisis.

I wonder, other states may have problems, however, Florida, is the land of the Crisis? Yes, it is true, and all the other states now do realize this.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:42 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,752,062 times
My health insurance tripled in 6 years, then they went out of business. It's gotten to the point where we may not have any good plans for our employees.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,726,242 times
Default at least you have it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
My health insurance tripled in 6 years, then they went out of business. It's gotten to the point where we may not have any good plans for our employees.
at least you are offering health insurance to your employees- didn't know there were any decent people like that left -lol- I never had interviews where the attorney/owner would ask: do you NEED health insurance- like I was asking for the moon- or a profit sharing plan, until I lived in South Florida. One atty who asked me that (and probably only hired me because I said no) was committing tax fraud; reporting that his salary was 25k.

Also- when I worked with the state for Fl state mediators; they require 6 months probation before you even can get health insurance! In NY you always got GREAT medical. I really can't believe people can keep their head above water in these situations.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:38 AM

4,723 posts, read 12,392,682 times
In my company, if you have a man/woman & child, your health insurance taken out of your check is $350/mo......HA!....c'mon now, this is a two week check, at my income for $850....that is 1/2 the pay....thank god it's only me & it's $25/month!!!!

Many jobs here do not offer health insurance at all...When my xhusband & I moved here back in 1991, our health insurance, without being in a group (for hospital that he practiced out of...)...was $700/month.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,726,242 times
Default unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
In my company, if you have a man/woman & child, your health insurance taken out of your check is $350/mo......HA!....c'mon now, this is a two week check, at my income for $850....that is 1/2 the pay....thank god it's only me & it's $25/month!!!!

Many jobs here do not offer health insurance at all...When my xhusband & I moved here back in 1991, our health insurance, without being in a group (for hospital that he practiced out of...)...was $700/month.
1991- at 700.00 per month!!!!- wonder what it is now?. At least you are not a "bad risk"- at one place I worked anyone who was young/just married people were considered a "bad risk by the owner"- he didnt want to pay for anyone's pregnancy-his health ins would be higher (God forbid ) so he fired a young employee just as his young wife was going to the hospital to deliver the baby. The worker was there 8 years and did a good job. Nice, huh. Yeah, there is no discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or