Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,070,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
It's clear that "a person" knows absolutely nothing about Tampa, but enjoys trashing it. I'd be VERY skeptical about information from someone who doesn't know about Jose Marti Park.

https://www.visittampabay.com/a-guid...ric-ybor-city/

Parque Amigos de Jose Marti
Lived here now 7 years and live in Seminole Heights and frequent Ybor City. Thanks for saying I know absolutely nothing about this area. And which part of Tampa are you in? Besides the point. Some people like old and some people like new. I think the majority of people in this city and definitely outside Tampa don't know crap about Tampa history. Taken history tours of Ybor and that was not mentioned btw. Maybe the tour guides need to be brushed up on history as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 11:03 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,972,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
I think the majority of people in this city and definitely outside Tampa don't know crap about Tampa history.
If they don't live here, why would you take advice from them?

Quote:
Taken history tours of Ybor and that was not mentioned btw. Maybe the tour guides need to be brushed up on history as well.
I'm not denying that. I took one tour, they did go over the park, but some of the other points they made were WAY off.

And, last I checked, your screen name isn't "a person." Nice faux outrage, though.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:49 PM

686 posts, read 614,942 times
Quote:
It's clear that "a person" knows absolutely nothing about Tampa, but enjoys trashing it. I'd be VERY skeptical about information from someone who doesn't know about Jose Marti Park.

https://www.visittampabay.com/a-guid...ric-ybor-city/

Parque Amigos de Jose Marti
It's clear that you're nothing but a Tampa homer who knows nothing about the other people in this forum.

I know plenty about Ybor, but I've never, ever, heard a single person, native or otherwise, champion Ybor because of it's "Cuban soil."

Old 06-07-2017, 05:23 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,569,727 times
Quote:
If they don't live here, why would you take advice from them?

I'm not denying that. I took one tour, they did go over the park, but some of the other points they made were WAY off.

And, last I checked, your screen name isn't "a person." Nice faux outrage, though.
You are obviously biased? I still have family who lives in Tampa and go back regularly. I also go to Orlando regularly. I think the OP is looking for a balanced point of view and there are pluses and minuses to both metro areas.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 AM

686 posts, read 614,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You are obviously biased? I still have family who lives in Tampa and go back regularly. I also go to Orlando regularly. I think the OP is looking for a balanced point of view and there are pluses and minuses to both metro areas.
He makes terrible amateur videos about the city he absolutely hated a decade ago but now homers for. Of course he's biased.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,972,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You are obviously biased?.
After stating that you can't go wrong in either city, I then go on to correct a few posters who claim that Tampa has "no heritage."

What part about defending Tampa's heritage makes me "obviously biased" to the point of not being able to answer this question?

Old 06-11-2017, 11:13 AM

89 posts, read 94,239 times
Quote:
Tampa is improving I have to say with the Riverwalk downtown. I just remember growing up in Orlando and you only went to Tampa for strip clubs, crazy Ybor, or Bush Gardens. Guess its changing.
That's funny, when I was growing up you only went to Orlando for Mickey Mouse or Universal and Church Street.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:08 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,070,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBeachBum View Post
That's funny, when I was growing up you only went to Orlando for Mickey Mouse or Universal and Church Street.
That's a no brainier. Most of the USA and World know Miami and Orlando. Miami for famous Miami Beach and Orlando for the amusement parks. Tampa outside of State, maybe for Bucs or some other event. Outside of USA. nope.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:45 PM

26,817 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Unless you can afford a house on a salt water canal, I'd easily choose Orlando over Tampa. I noticed people like to say well, Tampa has some history to it, but realilty is if you are looking for a city with history, 95% of Tampa won't appeal to you because it's mostly strip malls. Your reasons for moving to Tampa should be wanting to own an actual house with a yard and be driving distance to nice beaches. If you are looking for a well established city WITH a historic feel, Tampa... anywhere in Florida isn't right for you.

I've been to Tampa a million times and it's never left a good impression on me. I went with my GF once and she also said she didn't like Tampa even before she knew my feelings on it. If I'm missing something let me know, but besides a couple areas, it just seems like a lot of run down strip malls. In Orlando, so much of the area has beautiful landscaping, new buildings, it just feels so much cleaner and fresher.
In SW Orlando in/around the tourist zone which is where you happen to live. The rest of the city is largely as you describe Tampa. The Orlando homers never fail at cherry-picking "their reality"..

Old 06-12-2017, 04:18 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In SW Orlando in/around the tourist zone which is where you happen to live. The rest of the city is largely as you describe Tampa. The Orlando homers never fail at cherry-picking "their reality"..
Metrowest
Winter Garden
Windermere
Hunters Creek
Celebration
Lake Nona
Avalon
Waterford Lakes
Lake Mary
Heathrow
Downtown
Lake Eola
Winter Park
Thornton Park
Mount Dora
Millenia
Gotha
Ocoee
Lake Baldwin

...and more

Last edited by bmw335xi; 06-12-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida