U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 02:01 PM

686 posts, read 225,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
It's kind of funny that you can't see the obvious. Did you consider why this "right wing conspiracy" site so openly shows a graph with sea levels rising?

The argument isn't that sea levels are rising. It's pointing out that the vociferous global warming fanatics claims that we are accelerating climate change and all going to die soon are nothing but alarmism. Sure, seas are rising, but look, it even stopped for a couple of years and there isn't yet any real data that shows some massive increase in sea level rise. Instead, it shows that's rising at the same VERY slow level that's been rising for a very long time.

If alarmists were right, wouldn't you expect to see the graphs getting increasingly sharper upward trends? Why is it that it's so very linear when Al Gore and government paid scientists keep telling us it's getting so bad that we should already be underwater.... Lol. They are just wrong over and over and over and people like you keep following along like some sort of religion.
Um, no. My comment was in response to the claim made earlier in the thread that NASA admitted sea levels are falling (no qualifier that it was a slight wobble in the upward trend, just that flat out "NO, SEA LEVELS ARE FALLING"), when the graph shows quite the opposite.

I don't see anyone claiming that anyone's going to die soon because of rising seas. Even the smoothest of the smooth-brained have plenty of time to get out of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 03:38 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
2,244 posts, read 925,372 times
And they keep making land to build on by draining the swamps that nature made to protect the mainlands from flooding.

Well duh, of course those areas are going to flood. Just like they have for hundreds of years. The only difference now is that people are building too damn close to the water.

Mother Nature is reclaiming what man took away

Old 08-01-2017, 11:50 AM

174 posts, read 128,602 times
I do not think the science is settled at all. Global warming may be occurring but is it caused by man (AGW as it is called)? Earth's climate has heated and cooled naturally for as long as Earth has existed. There have been hot periods, ice ages, mini-ice ages. All of which predates man. Something as basic as solar activity can greatly affect our planet's climate.

Please show me a link to the research that proves if we do everything the global warming crowd wants us to do that the seas will stop rising and global warming will cease.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:38 PM

95 posts, read 67,020 times
Who would of thought they would deceive us like this..... not me

Weather bureau caught fudging climate numbers
Weather bureau caught fudging climate numbers

Global Warming is About Destroying Capitalism ?
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...ng-capitalism/

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc...p=mss&ei=UTF-8

Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 AM

5 posts, read 1,185 times
I am very concerned about this issue, I think the authorities should pay attention NOW, in a few years may be too late.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:34 PM

12,552 posts, read 6,420,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaHarrri View Post
I am very concerned about this issue, I think the authorities should pay attention NOW, in a few years may be too late.
Did a lot of research on this. A rise that is high enough to be a major issue is at a minimum 35 years away and a maximum of 2000 years and probably not an issue until about 2100. The science is all over the place and many sites just give the worst case theoretical problem.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 AM

544 posts, read 250,882 times
Regardless of the cause (sea level rise, more frequent and/or intense storms, etc.), I keep hearing that Miami has a unique problem when it comes to fighting the sea - very porous base soil.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini8 View Post
Regardless of the cause (sea level rise, more frequent and/or intense storms, etc.), I keep hearing that Miami has a unique problem when it comes to fighting the sea - very porous base soil.
It is possible that Miami is a unique case and not representative of FL as a whole, but is used to make the claim it will impact every city.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:09 AM

686 posts, read 225,483 times
I think Miami is focused on because of the fact that it's the most major metro in FL, coastal, and most of it is right around sea level. Tampa, not so much, Jax, not so much, Orlando, not even close.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
I think Miami is focused on because of the fact that it's the most major metro in FL, coastal, and most of it is right around sea level. Tampa, not so much, Jax, not so much, Orlando, not even close.
Yes it fits the worry idea better than other cities, but it is due to the low lying nature. Not that it isn't a problem, but not for the whole State or even all coastal areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida