U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 AM

8,097 posts, read 6,132,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
As do I. How much work (income I produce in a day) depends upon the weather, and what time of day it rains, I pay close attention as well.

Over 26 years, I notice what time of day the rain comes down has gotten a bit more difficult to predict. But then 26 years ago I didn't have a radar app on my phone to keep an eye on either.

That doesn't mean the sea levels are rising. In SW Florida where we are surrounded by particularly shallow waters, any rise would be profoundly noticeable. There is no change.

The only levels rising are the numbers of easily brainwashed dupes that believe anything their government tells them. Who also believe that throwing their tax dollars at the non existent problem will solve it. When Miami is still above water 100 years from now, the government will tell you their solution worked, and the braindead will still eat it hook, line, and sinker.

In the '70's they told us Miami would be 100 feet under a glacier by now. Were they right then? What makes you think they're right now?

I would also add, I did live on the lake front of lake St. Clair (Michigan/Great lakes) in the mid '80's. My yard and crawl space under my house was flooded for three years strait. I know what a water level rise is. And what you think you see in Florida, or anywhwere else isn't it.

CN
I'm not saying anyone is right. I don't read or follow what others say. I just by what i have seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 02:03 PM

4,282 posts, read 4,009,711 times
Quote:
As do I. How much work (income I produce in a day) depends upon the weather, and what time of day it rains, I pay close attention as well.

Over 26 years, I notice what time of day the rain comes down has gotten a bit more difficult to predict. But then 26 years ago I didn't have a radar app on my phone to keep an eye on either.
And this makes you a scientist?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:48 PM

4,898 posts, read 5,445,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
And this makes you a scientist?

It makes me someone with eyes, and enough brains to extrapolate shyt from shinola.

You read, or perhaps simply listen to, what your brainwashing handlers tell you, and accept it as gospel truth. I suppose that makes you a scientist?

Use your brain for what it is meant for....... THINK

CN

Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 AM

465 posts, read 211,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
No, I haven't noticed any difference in sea levels at all in 30 years. What is this "noticing the increase in sea level rise" you speak of?
Miami mayor has noticed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnlHPzhQA

Old 08-13-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Already taking place in parts of the world. 30 more years and southeast FL is gone 120ft inland.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Already taking place in parts of the world. 30 more years and southeast FL is gone 120ft inland.
Yet people continue to flock there in droves, when they will eventually have to be moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kXbg1GPNBw

Tampa is also in trouble.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Yet people continue to flock there in droves, when they will eventually have to be moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kXbg1GPNBw

Tampa is also in trouble.
Within 30 years banks will no longer offer loans on anything on the water in that area.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Within 30 years banks will no longer offer loans on anything on the water in that area.
So much for the homes I once built on Marco Island.
At least Miami-Dade, Broward, and WPB counties are addressing the issue.
Unfortunately the remainder of the state seems to be ignoring it.
Perhaps the increased storm surge from the next major hurricane will be a wake-up call.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:13 AM

4,282 posts, read 4,009,711 times
Quote:
It makes me someone with eyes, and enough brains to extrapolate shyt from shinola.

You read, or perhaps simply listen to, what your brainwashing handlers tell you, and accept it as gospel truth. I suppose that makes you a scientist?

Use your brain for what it is meant for....... THINK

CN
Wow. You're entitled to your own opinions but that doesn't make them facts.
It's alarming how much you Assumed by ONE sentence I wrote.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 PM

4,898 posts, read 5,445,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Wow. You're entitled to your own opinions but that doesn't make them facts.
It's alarming how much you Assumed by ONE sentence I wrote.
Ditto^

SE Florida, SW Florida, Tampa Bay, what have you, 30 years from now, will all be right in the same place it is now. I'd bet on the beaches being made larger, with artificial means, as a way to increase tourist revenue. The coastline isn't going anywhere.

Just use history as your guide, you'll see that I'm correct. In more ways than one, apparently.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 08-13-2017 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida