Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:26 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times

Advertisements

I've been in SW Florida for 26 years. Work on boats, and I'm on the waterfront nearly every day.

I see no discernable difference in sea level at all. The only flooding I've ever seen is the occasional high tide with wind "set up" from a storm system, or very temporary from a heavy rain.

Sea level rise, and global warming is a bunch of bunk.

CN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,142,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I've been in SW Florida for 26 years. Work on boats, and I'm on the waterfront nearly every day.

I see no discernable difference in sea level at all. The only flooding I've ever seen is the occasional high tide with wind "set up" from a storm system, or very temporary from a heavy rain.

CN
Wow with you around why do we even need NOAA?

Old 08-04-2017, 09:39 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
Wow with you around why do we even need NOAA?
NOAA says the same thing. You are probably right... why waste all that money funding NOAA when we have our buddy at the marina?

Old 08-04-2017, 04:41 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:

CN
You can put that bunk in the trunk. But the planet is warming at a rapid rate nate. But this is a normal pattern over 1000's of years. You have only lived so long as that is a drop in the bucket compared to long term changes.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:45 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
And a few days ago, NASA admitted that sea levels were actually NOT rising.
I saw this too. Not only are they not rising; they are lowering. Maybe the ground is sinking.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Buck View Post
So you're telling him that his own personal observations from having worked on the coastline for the past 26 years is "bunk"?
No. But sea levels are rising. Ask the city of Miami for starters.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Buck View Post
Yea, and I've got a good deal on a bridge for you.
I also have lived on the water and notice a diff jiff since 1963. I will buy anything if it is a good deal.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You can put that bunk in the trunk. But the planet is warming at a rapid rate nate. But this is a normal pattern over 1000's of years. You have only lived so long as that is a drop in the bucket compared to long term changes.

And how long has a biased government agency been watching (or lying about) "sea level"?

What agenda do I have as an observer, vs. a taxing authority with an agency to do their bidding for them?

The "superior intellect" of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just like the leftist populated areas are always the areas that have all the sea level and flood issues.

CN

Old 08-05-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
And how long has a biased government agency been watching (or lying about) "sea level"?

What agenda do I have as an observer, vs. a taxing authority with an agency to do their bidding for them?

The "superior intellect" of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just like the leftist populated areas are always the areas that have all the sea level and flood issues.

CN
I don't buy the gov story. Just a simple fact the planet is heating up. I have kept weather records since the 70's and have seen how much our winters have warmed up since 1990 and how our summer time pattern has changed to a reverse west windflow 85% of the summer since the mid 80's thanks to a displaced high pressure ridge. I live, eat and sleep weather heather and notice things my man...

Old 08-05-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I don't buy the gov story. Just a simple fact the planet is heating up. I have kept weather records since the 70's and have seen how much our winters have warmed up since 1990 and how our summer time pattern has changed to a reverse west windflow 85% of the summer since the mid 80's thanks to a displaced high pressure ridge. I live, eat and sleep weather heather and notice things my man...
As do I. How much work (income I produce in a day) depends upon the weather, and what time of day it rains, I pay close attention as well.

Over 26 years, I notice what time of day the rain comes down has gotten a bit more difficult to predict. But then 26 years ago I didn't have a radar app on my phone to keep an eye on either.

That doesn't mean the sea levels are rising. In SW Florida where we are surrounded by particularly shallow waters, any rise would be profoundly noticeable. There is no change.

The only levels rising are the numbers of easily brainwashed dupes that believe anything their government tells them. Who also believe that throwing their tax dollars at the non existent problem will solve it. When Miami is still above water 100 years from now, the government will tell you their solution worked, and the braindead will still eat it hook, line, and sinker.

In the '70's they told us Miami would be 100 feet under a glacier by now. Were they right then? What makes you think they're right now?

I would also add, I did live on the lake front of lake St. Clair (Michigan/Great lakes) in the mid '80's. My yard and crawl space under my house was flooded for three years strait. I know what a water level rise is. And what you think you see in Florida, or anywhwere else isn't it.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 08-05-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida