Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times

Advertisements

I lost 42 pounds once by dropping my fat intake to 10 grams per day, and the treadmill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 12:40 PM

374 posts, read 1,624,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDYHAIR View Post
Get yourself to the gym .Hit the treadmill do some swimming .There's no easy answer .Change is the answer you can do it Take baby steps and let yourself be number 1 Good Luck keep us posted
I know most of losing weight is a mental thing. I needed this post to get me motivated. I'm not feeling very good about myself right now..

Old 03-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Great Job!

I haven't been a size four since I was about Four years old. I'm 5'7 size 10 is my goal.... Thanks for encouragement!!! You can be proud of yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I have found that keeping a 3 lb ceiling on weight gain has helped me maintain my body size over the years. As soon as I see the scale go up 3 lbs I really cut back for a few days.
The only time I have gained weight is when I stopped watching my three pound ceiling and started eating out every day at work. I managed to gain 30 lbs and hated myself for it. I have since lost all of that by eating smaller portions and using some meal replacement bars.
I keep fit by riding my horse every day ( hard work and great cardio when you ride with a lot of leg)
I pretty much eat what ever I want in MODERATION always.
If I have a burger and fries, (gotta love Checkers fries) that is my meal for the entire day.
The portion sizes in the USA are certainly generous and as tempting as it is to finish what is on your plate, I have the food removed as soon as I feel satisfied.

I really think when we stuff ourselves to feel "full" we tend to put on the pounds easy.
Best of luck to everyone trying to weight. It is hard but when you get started and see the results it certainly feels good and keeps you on track.

I am a size 4 and I am 44, I feel pretty good about that!!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
I lost 42 pounds once by dropping my fat intake to 10 grams per day, and the treadmill.
My problem is I lose it and find it again and again. Got to learn how to lose it and keep that darn weight from finding me

Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDYHAIR View Post
Get yourself to the gym .Hit the treadmill do some swimming .There's no easy answer .Change is the answer you can do it Take baby steps and let yourself be number 1 Good Luck keep us posted
I really feel that a lot of the weight problem we all have is stress related. You hit the nail on the head... You have to put yourself first. When things around you get out of control. Money, kids, family problems, deaths and just the world around us puts soooo much pressure on us that it is hard to focus on yourself. What's the answer??? I guess try to tune it all out and like you said take baby steps. You get a + for this post. Thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 01:19 PM

I always wanted to try Nutraslim but the $300 a month is a bit steep right now.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
My problem is I lose it and find it again and again. Got to learn how to lose it and keep that darn weight from finding me
I have the same problem, I will lose it all, then get comfortable, and I go back to eating "bad stuff". I should be 175, and I'm 212. I wish there were a magic pill out there, but we know there isn't. I don't know what is worse, carbs or fat?

Old 03-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I have the same problem, I will lose it all, then get comfortable, and I go back to eating "bad stuff". I should be 175, and I'm 212. I wish there were a magic pill out there, but we know there isn't. I don't know what is worse, carbs or fat?
Think about how it felt to be at your best weight. How was that? It feels great, you like yourself in the mirror, more confidence in yourself. What happens to our brain that makes us go back to bad eating habits! I wish I new the answer to that, I would have so much money I could just Blog all day!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
Think about how it felt to be at your best weight. How was that? It feels great, you like yourself in the mirror, more confidence in yourself. What happens to our brain that makes us go back to bad eating habits! I wish I new the answer to that, I would have so much money I could just Blog all day!!!
And I had more energy at ideal weight. I think we fool ourselves into believing that since we are at our ideal weight, we can now relax and eat whatever we want, so we do that. Then guess what, add a pound here, a pound there, and now we go back to square one.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,486,332 times
Quote:
"I don't know what is worse, carbs or fat"?

Neither, over eating is.

Some days I just eat junk food all day long, I love fries, chips, popcorn with tons of butter, bread with gobs of peanut butter, pizza....oh yeah, pizza....but I watch how much I have. I don't have regular meals and THEN have all of that bad stuff. That is a sure fire way to gain a ton of weight.
For me, normally I eat a lot of salads with dressing on the side, but I like my salads loaded with everything imaginable including cheese.

I have it easy keeping slim as long as I don't over eat by stuffing myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: