U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:08 AM

6,844 posts, read 1,677,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
About the same as last year. 2 vehicles, 100/300/100 500 deductibles on comp and collision. 445 every six months paid in full. Progressive.

Credit score is one of the biggest factors in your rates. Location and driving record after that.

Correct! Credit is huge! Someone can have the same factors such as age, location, type of vehicle, etc. But one could have double the rate of the other if credit is bad!!

Go to an independent broker who can quote you with several carriers to look for the best rate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 02:59 PM

1,614 posts, read 729,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This is a result of the Fed's low interest rates. Insurance companies are losing billions on investments so they are raking it from us.
Interest rates have been low for a decade and now rising so cut the bill ****.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM

8,336 posts, read 6,251,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Correct! Credit is huge! Someone can have the same factors such as age, location, type of vehicle, etc. But one could have double the rate of the other if credit is bad!!

Go to an independent broker who can quote you with several carriers to look for the best rate!
Credit should have nothing to do with the price.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:04 PM

3,529 posts, read 661,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Trucks are expensive to insure and, I hate to point this out, but you will be turning 70 during the policy period. Auto insurance rates tend to creep up in your 60's and start jumping up after that.

Have you taken a mature driver course? I think you can get a 10% discount for three years if you take one and you can do it online. I've used this company before for my son after he got a ticket: Mature Driver Florida Auto Insurance Discount
What?! Hell no they're cheaper!

I own 2! Combined I pay less than my brother in law does monthly on 2 trucks than his 1 month V6 dodge charger!!!
Plates and title are cheaper too!

Full collision and comp 500 deductibles 100/300/100 both trucks 260 per month.
That's for the half ton in the back ground and the 3/4 dmax foreground.
Brother in law pays 335.

wonder if it's due to on star and vin etched windows...
I just turned 30 though... clean record.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:12 AM

1,614 posts, read 729,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Credit score is an excellent indicator of driving risk. That is why it is used.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:05 AM

8,336 posts, read 6,251,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Credit score is an excellent indicator of driving risk. That is why it is used.
Silly if ya ask me.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:14 AM

6,286 posts, read 10,939,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Trucks are expensive to insure and, I hate to point this out, but you will be turning 70 during the policy period. Auto insurance rates tend to creep up in your 60's and start jumping up after that.

Have you taken a mature driver course? I think you can get a 10% discount for three years if you take one and you can do it online. I've used this company before for my son after he got a ticket: Mature Driver Florida Auto Insurance Discount
Not all companies offer a discount for that driving course. Fla Farm Bureau Ins doesn't offer it. My insurance has gone up steadily , for no reason. It's well known Ins is a serious problem in this state. One the state fails to deal with. There is a ton of low income and poverty situations in Fla. It is a state that doesn't believe in efficient transit, even in its biggest Metros. People are forced to drive, and can't possibly afford th outrageous ins. Definitely a recipe for disaster. I'm not surprised though, why should I be.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 AM

15,721 posts, read 16,067,585 times
Just went through my renewal period...up about $300 a year along with a "Sorry about that, just the way it is " explanation.
Checked other companies and just sighed and paid it

Old 09-29-2017, 04:26 PM

310 posts, read 228,626 times
Quote:
There is a score for your insurance rating similar to a credit score. I forgot the name and recently just learned about it after getting jacked by state farm every six months. I found out I had a very high score as I suspected and bought as well as increased my coverage greatly with that score info at a far better rate than I had been paying state farm for years. They offered nothing and I was leaving no matter.

This insurance score can be seen one time a year for free if you inquire.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:51 PM

6,844 posts, read 1,677,309 times
Quote:
ALL insurance companies weigh credit heavily. Insurance companies look at a person with bad credit as one who might commit insurance fraud. They also see someone with bad credit as not responsible and therefore a risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida