U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 11:20 AM

57 posts, read 75,841 times

Advertisements

Tampa Bay is too crowded, even out to Thonotosassa and Plant City. I've been looking at property online in Zephyrhills, Dade City and Ridge Manor and not much has been coming up there either.

Webster seems to have land for low prices and lots of space. But how close is the nearest shopping, like Walmart and Publix? Google maps shows a library there.

And, is it less dumpy and crowded then down here?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 11:55 AM

3,230 posts, read 4,614,686 times
You are aware that every Monday the area is over run with visitors for the flea market?

Welcome to Webster Westside Market - WEBSTER WESTSIDE FLEA MARKET

Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,061,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives View Post
Tampa Bay is too crowded, even out to Thonotosassa and Plant City. I've been looking at property online in Zephyrhills, Dade City and Ridge Manor and not much has been coming up there either.

Webster seems to have land for low prices and lots of space. But how close is the nearest shopping, like Walmart and Publix? Google maps shows a library there.

Yep, that's what we discovered over time. It's gotten particularly bad over the past couple of years. We were up in Z-hills about a month ago. Ugh. We didn't even bother with Dade City or Ridge Manor. We tried
looking in Brooksville, even parts of it were too crowded for us, and we got some interesting info about the sewer infrastructure along Cortez. So we pushed on further north.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:42 PM

345 posts, read 255,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives View Post

walmart might be a bit of a drive, but there is a Publix in groveland, about 30 minute drive from Webster

Old 09-26-2017, 02:41 PM

9,619 posts, read 6,601,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
walmart might be a bit of a drive, but there is a Publix in groveland, about 30 minute drive from Webster
Webster is right by Bushnell. 10 minutes. Bushnell has everything you need and is right off of 75. Walmart, Publix, Winn-Dixie, etc.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:46 PM

15,187 posts, read 31,126,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Webster is right by Bushnell. 10 minutes. Bushnell has everything you need and is right off of 75. Walmart, Publix, Winn-Dixie, etc.
I agree ^^ I was just going to suggest Bushnell.

What exactly are you looking for, OP? Acreage or just a small town?

Old 09-26-2017, 07:20 PM

3,017 posts, read 4,862,380 times
I had family in Bushnell, they couldn't get cable TV or internet. Parts of the area are wired but much is not.

DSL is around but they were on a waiting list because they don't have enough circuits in the CO to serve everyone in the area.

Just be aware if that stuff is important to you. They had to get satellite TV and use a cellular hotspot for internet. They just sold their house and moved this past summer after being there a few years.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:59 AM

429 posts, read 706,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I had family in Bushnell, they couldn't get cable TV or internet. Parts of the area are wired but much is not.

DSL is around but they were on a waiting list because they don't have enough circuits in the CO to serve everyone in the area.

Just be aware if that stuff is important to you. They had to get satellite TV and use a cellular hotspot for internet. They just sold their house and moved this past summer after being there a few years.
^+ HW makes a VERY important point. Not only in this area but any area in Florida, even if you think there is no way that hi-speed internet would not be available. It is amazing the things I took for granted.

Dax

Old 09-27-2017, 11:03 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,061,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
^+ HW makes a VERY important point. Not only in this area but any area in Florida, even if you think there is no way that hi-speed internet would not be available. It is amazing the things I took for granted.

Dax
Yes, that's one of the first things we checked when we decided to move: was there stable phone and internet. Very important to anyone who works from home and needs these things.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:00 PM

3,017 posts, read 4,862,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post

Dax
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Yes, that's one of the first things we checked when we decided to move: was there stable phone and internet. Very important to anyone who works from home and needs these things.
Yep. Be very careful. My family got screwed over. Previous owners of the home had Century Link DSL and the agreement was they were going to keep the service active and on the day of settlement transfer it over and change the name on the account. Nope, they decided to just call Century Link and cancel the day before, so the circuit went to the next person who was on the waiting list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or