U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 11:35 AM

124 posts, read 39,854 times

Advertisements

I'm in Oviedo and my subdivision did not lose power. We have Uverse for TV & internet and didn't lose service, but those who had Spectrum did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 AM

323 posts, read 246,228 times
I was in southeast Orlando and our power never went out. Flickered two or 3 times but everything stayed on. We never even lost internet surprisingly!

Old 10-03-2017, 01:34 PM

6,857 posts, read 6,166,965 times
We live downtown/Las Olas Fort Lauderdale and lost power for 24 hours.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:24 PM

161 posts, read 148,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I was in my cousin's house about 40 miles north of Tampa and event there the power went out for 2 days and some trees were down in the area and I think it was category 1 when it hit there.

Mine was out when I got back to Lee county/ Fort Myers area but it was back by about Wednesday. so out only a few days.

I know people in Fort Lauderdale that didn't even get a direct hit that lost power for 2 weeks.

Did anyone who had at least category 1 winds not lose power at all?
Hi,

We did not lose power in my apartment building. I had evacuated and stayed in my neighbor's upstairs apartment. At one point the power appeared to go off, but five minutes later it was back on. Two other buildings in our complex did lose power and it took four days for them to get it back on. My niece lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and she and her boyfriend had to evacuate. Their condo had no power for almost a week!

Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM

7,799 posts, read 15,329,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I was in my cousin's house about 40 miles north of Tampa and event there the power went out for 2 days and some trees were down in the area and I think it was category 1 when it hit there.

Mine was out when I got back to Lee county/ Fort Myers area but it was back by about Wednesday. so out only a few days.

I know people in Fort Lauderdale that didn't even get a direct hit that lost power for 2 weeks.

Did anyone who had at least category 1 winds not lose power at all?
We are in Lee County and never lost power.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

6,989 posts, read 4,226,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
We live downtown/Las Olas Fort Lauderdale and lost power for 24 hours.
I know someone is Poinsettia Heights that lost power for over a week.

Old Today, 05:43 AM

7 posts, read 3,252 times
Stayed at a friends house in Riverview just south of Tampa. The lights flickered all night, but always came back on after a minute or so. It was a newer neighborhood with small trees and underground electric wires, so I think that made the difference. Everything further inland from us however defiantly lost power.

Old Today, 10:00 AM

322 posts, read 239,353 times
Parts of Weston didn't lose power at all and overall the whole city only lost power for 12 hours during day time (10AM ~ 10PM)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida