U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,225,094 times

Advertisements

I'd stay exactly where I am in Florida because I love it here.
I'd put the $1m in the bank so the other $1m+ doesn't get too lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 06:30 AM

10,821 posts, read 16,128,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando is Alive View Post
$7M+ for a tear down lot in waterfront VI-Biscayne Bay? Are you kidding me?
One recently listed for $11M+
https://miami.curbed.com/2017/9/6/16...hurricane-irma

Last edited by rnc2mbfl; 10-04-2017 at 06:38 AM..

Old 10-04-2017, 04:18 PM

92 posts, read 24,135 times
Might want to send some time research winners of million dollar lottery's and see how many blew threw there million dollars by changing there live style . Goes quickly for many .

Old 10-04-2017, 05:15 PM

60 posts, read 5,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Might want to send some time research winners of million dollar lottery's and see how many blew threw there million dollars by changing there live style . Goes quickly for many .
Very true!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:35 PM

6,886 posts, read 6,181,424 times
Quote:
Las Olas has heavy traffic and the newly built massive Condo next to Cheesecake Factory just increased population tenfold. High tourist area and the seasonal Las Olas events that lock up traffic big time. Do you remember the free country music Turtle festival or black college/urban reunion? How can you live there with any peace and quiet? I could understand if you are retired with maids living in one of those $10M+ mansions on one to the famous canals.
I have plenty of peace and quiet. I live in a condo 1/2 block off Las Olas and hear zero traffic. Even floating in my pool at night we don't hear a thing. I walk everywhere except the grocery store and couldn't be happier that we are getting a Houstons.

Quote:
$7M+ for a tear down lot in waterfront VI-Biscayne Bay? Are you kidding me?
Yep. You can't buy a non waterfront teardown on Key Biscayne for under $1.7. Yep, a non waterfront tear down.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:15 AM

2,776 posts, read 2,296,912 times
I'd pay off the current house and also buy a home in New England and do the snowbird thing.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I have plenty of peace and quiet. I live in a condo 1/2 block off Las Olas and hear zero traffic. Even floating in my pool at night we don't hear a thing. I walk everywhere except the grocery store and couldn't be happier that we are getting a Houstons.
I lived on 4th street near the tourist scam water taxi pick up/drop off. Tiny old condo buildings. If you live on 4th street then you are dreaming if you think you have peace in quiet. I lived there for 10 years. Traffic is horrific. Parking is a joke and it just keeps on getting worse and worse. Or you own one of those crazy expensive houses there or you live near the boulevard but on the north side in VP, still a traffic nightmare. Houston's will only make traffic even worse.

Are you a Real Estate Agent looking for new clients ?

Old 10-05-2017, 02:54 PM

6,886 posts, read 6,181,424 times
Quote:
I lived on 4th street near the tourist scam water taxi pick up/drop off. Tiny old condo buildings. If you live on 4th street then you are dreaming if you think you have peace in quiet. I lived there for 10 years. Traffic is horrific. Parking is a joke and it just keeps on getting worse and worse. Or you own one of those crazy expensive houses there or you live near the boulevard but on the north side in VP, still a traffic nightmare. Houston's will only make traffic even worse.

Are you a Real Estate Agent looking for new clients ?
SE 4th Street behind the Riverside Hotel and a whole slew of busy restaurants?

No, I don't live there.

Sorry, not dreaming, don't live in a ghetto apartment like you did. Can't hear a thing where I live.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
SE 4th Street behind the Riverside Hotel and a whole slew of busy restaurants? No, I don't live there. Sorry, not dreaming, don't live in a ghetto apartment like you did. Can't hear a thing where I live.
lol ghetto apartment. Funny lol. What street do you live on? What is the big deal? You're a Real Estate Agent so why not give us some idea where you call this so called "paradise" ?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:33 PM

937 posts, read 2,180,694 times
I'd be very tempted to liquidate everything and go to Mexico. Not sure if the wife would be on board though, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida