U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 01:13 PM

641 posts, read 92,700 times

Advertisements

Hello would like to hear if there are any updates regarding this new community near Daytona Beach? For instance, are any model homes up yet, or the sales office? How about the amenity centers.

Also, thoughts on this new development being very close to what might be a sketch area? How will safety be guaranteed?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 02:42 PM

176 posts, read 79,414 times
My sister is very interested in this development but doesn't want to be in Daytona Beach. She's waiting to see if they develop another one somewhere else.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:39 AM

13,682 posts, read 16,271,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk2 View Post
My sister is very interested in this development but doesn't want to be in Daytona Beach. She's waiting to see if they develop another one somewhere else.
They are planning another margaritaville community in Hilton Head, SC.

The models for Daytona Beach won't be done until 2018. Sister could be six feet under before they get started on HH.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/margari...irement-homes/

Old 11-01-2017, 05:00 AM

641 posts, read 92,700 times
The HIlton Head ones are actually in Hardyville, SC. Which is right off Exit 8 on 95. Hilton Head is a good 15 mile give or take past Hardyville.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:22 AM

29 posts, read 15,879 times
Went There yesterday.Sales actually start on the 13th of this month ,No Models yet you are buying on floor plans and lots alone, The houses start at reasonable prices but with great features like laminate counter tops and carpet in all the bedrooms
basic appliances etc, upgrades are going to raise those prices a lot. Also you have to go into contract and put 10,000 dollars down before you know what those extras cost ,,The wife and I are very torn at this point

Old 11-07-2017, 11:16 AM

4,040 posts, read 3,927,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY CHRIS View Post
Went There yesterday.Sales actually start on the 13th of this month ,No Models yet you are buying on floor plans and lots alone, The houses start at reasonable prices but with great features like laminate counter tops and carpet in all the bedrooms
basic appliances etc, upgrades are going to raise those prices a lot. Also you have to go into contract and put 10,000 dollars down before you know what those extras cost ,,The wife and I are very torn at this point
What's to be torn about? Why would you even consider buying a pig in a poke?

Old 11-07-2017, 11:28 AM

14,755 posts, read 8,032,820 times
Quote:
Ask them what the upgrades cost. Many times you can get better prices direct from the companies installing them as that eliminates the Developers cut.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
What's to be torn about? Why would you even consider buying a pig in a poke?
Yes have to do my research on the area , that is understood

Old 11-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Ask them what the upgrades cost. Many times you can get better prices direct from the companies installing them as that eliminates the Developers cut.
To find out the prices of the extras I will have to be in contract with them and have given them a non refundable deposit. does not leave me feeling very comfortable with the situation.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:25 PM

14,755 posts, read 8,032,820 times
Quote:
To find out the prices of the extras I will have to be in contract with them and have given them a non refundable deposit. does not leave me feeling very comfortable with the situation.
Does not sound good. I just bought in the Venetian Bay area of New Smyrna Beach from Paytas homes and had nothing like you are facing. Very helpful and made major changes in the plan at very reasonable prices as well. I was able to go to their amenities center and get all the prices for upgrades before even leaving a deposit.

The company you are dealing with does not sound very good and are just forcing people to do what they want as so many people are excited with the community without any real knowledge of what it will really be like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or