U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM

13,922 posts, read 27,320,901 times

Advertisements

Eh, different strokes and all. To me there no "vs" this or that. My preference is Gulf coast. Don't care for east coast at all. Love the powdery white sand, calm aqua water, and drop-dead-gorgeous sunsets. I live near the bay actually and get plenty of nice breeze. Plus I don't care for the hectic pace of the east coast.

And while it's true it is more developed here on the Gulf coast than it used to be, it still way less than the Atlantic side, at least for the southern half of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

12,753 posts, read 6,529,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Ya done good! Lemme guess. Ormond?
New Smyrna Beach.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
East coast is overdeveloped.
Not all of it by any stretch, just the South and maybe around Jacksonville. The Central East Coast is not.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
New Smyrna Beach.
I loved New Smyrna when I went there years ago, haven't been there in a while, I hope it has not changed too much.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I loved New Smyrna when I went there years ago, haven't been there in a while, I hope it has not changed too much.
Not much and still laid back and easy beach access. The storms did minimal damage. A couple of docks, we saw one house with a tarp on the roof, no trailers damaged even in the oldest parks, just tree limbs and palm fronds in general. One or two trees down that was it. There 2 weeks ago.

We drove all around the area as my wife was worried and wanted to know.

Old Today, 09:54 AM

291 posts, read 114,958 times
Can't beat the sunsets on the Gulf and the powder white sand, but I do miss the waves of the Atlantic being on the Gulf side.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Can't beat the sunsets on the Gulf and the powder white sand, but I do miss the waves of the Atlantic being on the Gulf side.
I grew up in SoCal at the beach and love waves and the sound they make, not to mention playing in them. Now I also love the same in Destin, but each person has different "needs". We chose the East Coast as it had everything we needed, was less crowded and had easy access to Orlando and both the North and South of FL. I even told my wife we could shoot a sunrise on the Atlantic drive across to St Pete and get a hotel room on the beach and shoot the sunset. We grew up with Sunsets on the Pacific but knew that was an occasional special event and what the East Coast offered applied to everyday living for us.

Plenty of restaurants, stores, shopping locations, fun things to do on both the East and West coasts of FL and it was the slower pace and laid back vibe we liked on the East Coast where we will be moving. NOT So East FL or No East FL for sure.

Old Today, 04:54 PM

302 posts, read 223,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
East coast is much better and cooler and gets more rain.
LOL you crack me up. Man get out of that stinking Pasco!

Old Today, 04:58 PM

302 posts, read 223,465 times
Quote:
Almost every inch of the Gulf Coast that can be developed, is or is being developed, believe me. Much of the coastal area from the Pasco/Hernando county line north and west through Apalachicola is scrub marsh that doesn't lend itself to development.
Ridiculous, and it shows you have no appreciation for natural areas. Almost comical your use of the words "scrub marsh". Get back to your concrete condo.

Old Today, 06:50 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
Ridiculous, and it shows you have no appreciation for natural areas. Almost comical your use of the words "scrub marsh". Get back to your concrete condo.
I am shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED that you would say such a thing. I happen to like scrub marsh and the natural vistas along the Gulf Coast. If I could live in Ozello, I would. I'm glad they can't develop it that stretch of land, too bad the nuke towers loom over it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida