U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 PM

3,021 posts, read 15,684,604 times
Default Lake Placid - Sebring Free WiFi hotspots

I'm going to be visiting the Lake Placid area for a number of weeks.

Does anybody know of any totally free to the public WiFi spots where I can connect with my laptop to check my emails every so often. I really only need like once or twice a week.

I've found McD's but they seem to want like $8.33 per connection for 2 hours, a number of hotels, campgrounds if you stay there.

I just want some small private spot, a coffee shop or such that allows a totally free connection for some small period.

Anything anybody has found or knows about.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Ok, I seem to have found this one

http://www.myhlc.org/access/ (broken link)

Looks like there is one at the local libraries in both Lake Placid and Sebring but it is a bit short on details. Appears anybody can access. Does anyone know what you must do to get a library card? Anybody ever use these sites?

Do they have computers to use in the libraries?? Do you need to have a library card???

Any other freebie sites people may have used in the area???

Old 12-09-2006, 01:26 PM

5,701 posts, read 16,675,973 times
Lake Placid Memorial Library Info...

Serving all of the Greater Lake Placid area, the newly expanded Lake Placid Memorial Library is across from DeVane Park, at 205 W. Interlake Blvd.

The Library’s collection includes all current best-selling books (fiction and nonfiction), children’s books, large print books, books on tape, videos, top circulation magazines, newspapers and a literacy collection to help those who want to improve their reading, and multi-cultural material with a focus on Spanish books and videos. Internet access is also available.

The Library is a part of the Heartland Library Cooperative, which includes libraries in Sebring, Avon Park, DeSoto, Hardee and Okeechobee counties. Patrons can reserve materials from any of the libraries, and have them available in the Lake Placid library within a few days.

The Library’s Genealogy Collection numbers more than 13,000 items and is available to anyone for browsing.

Greater Lake Placid Florida Chamber of Commerce
Visitor's Welcome Center
18 North Oak Avenue
Lake Placid, Florida 33852
Phone: (863) 465-4331
E-mail: chamber@lpfla.com
Web site: visitlakeplacidflorida.com

Old 12-09-2006, 01:51 PM

5,701 posts, read 16,675,973 times
See hotel below for free internet.... In case that is deleted do search lake placid fl free internet

Ramada Lake Placid

2165 US Hwy 27 South
Lake Placid,

Hotel is being totally remodeled and upgraded, due for completion late summer, to include the following: Free Continental Breakfast Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access Pets Welcome - Free of Charge Business Center Ramada Mart Fitness Room Fabulous Pool and Spa Incredible Pool Patio & Barbecue Area Smoke Free Hotel Situated on a beautiful 18-hole golf course. Hotel guests enjoy special golf privileges. Within 2 hours to all South Florida attractions

http://www.nextag.com/lake-placid-florida/search-html

Old 12-09-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Thanks Sunrico

Good to know stuff.

I did find these other ones. The Coffee place is sort of what I had in mind. Nice to have a cup of brew, don't mind paying but it should be reasonable. That and the libraries may do the trick. Nice to know of any other really free ones. I don't know if the hotels will like you hanging around if you aren't registered there. I don't intend to spend hours and hours, just some quick checks every so often.

Java Junction of Sebring, Inc.
108 N. Circle Park Dr.
Sebring FL 33870
Location Type: Cafe
Proximity: 0 miles

Map | Directions | Connection Options FREE
802.11g Wi-Fi

1st Choice Auto Paint & Supply (3M)
3727 Kenilworth Boulevard
Sebring FL 33870
Location Type: Store / Shopping Mall
Proximity: 1.1 miles

Map | Directions | Connection Options 1 provider
802.11b Wi-Fi

McDonald's 15038
3000 Us Highway 27 North
Sebring FL 33870
Location Type: Restaurant
Proximity: 3.7 miles

Map | Directions | Connection Options 2 providers
802.11b Wi-Fi

McDonald's 02442
3115 Highway 27 South
Sebring FL 33870
Location Type: Restaurant
Proximity: 3.7 miles

Map | Directions | Connection Options 2 providers
802.11b Wi-Fi

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Sebring
4400 Highway US 27 North
Sebring FL 33870
Location Type: Hotel / Resort
Proximity: 4.3 miles

Map | Directions | Connection Options FREE
802.11b Wi-Fi

Old 12-09-2006, 03:07 PM

Default Also not finding any laundromats in Lake Placid

Not able to find any laundromats in Lake Placid either. Did find one in Sebring.

Am making up maps of stuff and places I will need and trying to load them on my laptop. I've never been to this general area before. Will stay a couple months at one of my relatives summer house but they will not be there.

Trying to be very organized and find most of the required stores, shop, etc prior to leaving. Might beat aimlessly driving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida