Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:45 PM

627 posts, read 2,841,909 times

Advertisements

I have not had anyone ask to fix a dent in my car yet... only a bunch of nim-rods who like to give dents out for free in the parking lot! LOL My poor car was pristine when I got here two years ago, now it has car door dents all down each side! (I park far away from people too!). I wonder if they still sell those RONCO inflatable tubes you hang on your car to prevent that!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:51 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,776,079 times
Do you REALLY think these things only happen in FL???!!!
Um, there are these cities, maybe you haven't heard of them, but I think they have some stuff like what you're talking about. Detroit, LA, NY, NO - I mean, I know they're off the beaten path & alot of you might not be familiar with them...

Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,096,331 times
I was walking home from work on a Saturday at 9AM and some crazy guys pulled up beside me with some **** and bull story about how he needed to borrow my FLORIDA ID to return some product and would pay me if I would lent it to him! YEAH RIGHT!

How about the incessant fliers people put on your windshields at the parking lots?

How about the homeless who sell their homeless newspaper on ever corner? Kind of spooky folks.

Many people have come up to me at Publix parking lot (where there is cesutiry) to ask for money...

Scammers everywhere! So many ads in the papers for places looking to hire actually want to charge you to "train" you for the job you were looking for. I think there is a disproportionate number of unethical sham companies and **** companies in Florida than anywhere else on the planet. Many storefront places and shady contractors too. Beware when you see ads in the phone book that boast about being in service since 2000!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 PM

We all know other cities have these problems. However, the widespread problems that are prevasive all across the board in Florida affect the middle and lower class, where as in other cities, they tend to be in certain areas, not the entire region. That is the difference. Plus, this is the FL forum, so we are sharing our experiences that most run of the mill non millionare residents have on a daily basis.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,776,079 times
I am definately not a millionaire! (unfortunately)
And I definately do NOT experience these things on a daily basis!
Not even a YEARLY basis!!!
Guess I'm not "run of the mill"...
Um - just re-read your post...
So "panhandling" is a FL thing???!!! Get REAL!!!!!!!
Have you ever been to Manhattan???!!!
I KNEW the "bums" for christ sake!!!!!!!!!!!
Even in Colorado Springs I had bums ask for money!
There are homeless people, bums, panhandlers & crazies in EVERY big (& not so big!) city!
Wha's up witchu people?!

Old 12-13-2006, 04:49 AM

944 posts, read 3,836,093 times
Cocaine washes up on Florida beaches...

http://www.local6.com/news/10519280/detail.html (broken link)

Old 12-13-2006, 04:52 AM

944 posts, read 3,836,093 times
Alligator attacks naked crack smoker...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/southwest/orl-bk-alligator11302006,0,5231541.story (broken link)

Geez, and the alligator is somehow to blame.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:40 AM

elfyum-

Your name says you are in Miami...and you say you do not experience the run of the mill problems that the rest of the members on the previous 5 pages do?? Where in Miami are you living?

You are one of those extremely luck (or wealthy) residents! To be sheltered from these problems leads me to believe you have enough money to be cocooned away from the reality of South Florida. Of course I know our complaints ocurr in NYC too...but come on, NYC cannot be compared to South Florida. NYC is a major urban hub, South Florida is like a big ghetto suburb.

I think the exchange between our posts shows the difference of the haves and the have nots here. There are people who totally ignore or are not aware of the crisis this region is going through. Others just don't care becasue they are not from here or can move away to their other homes at a whim. Whereas us life long residents have seen the decline in the quality of life, people, the skyrocketing prices....it is sad. But like I have said before, if I was filthy rich I would love Miami too and have no clue about any of these complaints.

On a side note, to all of you non residents thinking o moving here, do you think 95% of the posters on here are all wrong...?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,894,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
elfyum-

On a side note, to all of you non residents thinking o moving here, do you think 95% of the posters on here are all wrong...?
Wow. Are you talking about in this thread, or in the forum?
Do you happen to have a cite for this statistic?

To stay on topic, here is my contribution to the worst of Florida theme:

We stop and pet this dog every other day. He is chained outside 24/7.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,514,278 times
That isn't right- I get upset seeing animal abuse. It's too hot for him to be outside all day- is there an ASPCA you could call?.

In the Winn Dixie in Boca 2 beautiful dogs were left- an Akita and an Alaskan Husky- by seasonal people who got tired of them- so sad- I forgot the name of the PBC rescue- off 95-

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida