U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,732,642 times
Reputation: 8837

Advertisements

wow- in Hollywood my new car was stolen, and then left down the block and vandalized in the party district. I went to the police station (lol- in Hollywood) they basically laughed it off. The commute where you are looks as bad as 95- Rte 95 was named one of the most dangerous hwys- across the board.

 
Old 12-14-2006, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,518 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin View Post
What kind of barbaric idiots would do this? I would definitely start working the phones and get this poor animal some help asap!
LOL.... man you stop to rescue a cat that got ran over, you can get carjacked.

There was this report on Local6.com (our local channel) that some people don't even stop in accidents because they are afraid it is an "accident on purpose" to get people to stop and rob them. They just yell out the window for the other party in the accident to follow them to a gas station or something to reduce carjacking, robbery, or kidnapping danger.
 
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,518 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
wow- in Hollywood my new car was stolen, and then left down the block and vandalized in the party district. I went to the police station (lol- in Hollywood) they basically laughed it off. The commute where you are looks as bad as 95- Rte 95 was named one of the most dangerous hwys- across the board.
That picture attached to my last posting is from I-4... I-4 is hell on earth, I kid you not. People get crazy and yell at each other. I knew this girl Sara who worked at my last law firm that was getting so angry that she was just yelling "f*** YOU" at everyoneon I-4 (she was going through a meltdown on traffic one day - she is tired of being cussed at, having fingers flipped at her for no reason). Sara is a very tiny girl, 5'1", 100lbs... very small girl and people take advantage of that to cuss and yell at her in traffic. She is crazy with I-4 traffic, she drives from downtown Orlando to Kissimmee (21 mile drive) and it takes her like almost 2 hours per trip per day to get to and from home.

Oh last week, we saw someone spit at this other guy's car after he managed to get past him... some road rage thing over getting past each other in traffic. See why people get killed in FL on the roads?
 
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 AM
 
944 posts, read 3,532,685 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Man, I'd like to stick the whole lot of you in the middle of Harlem for a few minutes...
Harlem is nice. I have several friends that live there. It is also considered the capital of black culture. I guess I don't understand this statement. I've been in Harlem at all hours, and it is not 1/3 as scary as parts of St. Pete during the day.

Why does Flarda always have to be positioned against something else? Anyone else notice this?

Flarda v. New York
Flarda v. N.C.
Flarda v. TN
 
Old 12-15-2006, 06:17 AM
 
320 posts, read 1,006,898 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Harlem is nice. I have several friends that live there. It is also considered the capital of black culture. I guess I don't understand this statement. I've been in Harlem at all hours, and it is not 1/3 as scary as parts of St. Pete during the day.

Why does Flarda always have to be positioned against something else? Anyone else notice this?

Flarda v. New York
Flarda v. N.C.
Flarda v. TN
You guys do whine too much about Florida. I live in southern New Jersey, went to college in Philadelphia, and commute to Delaware for work. I've been to Florida a few times over the past couple of years and I LOVED it. You're seriously complaining about drawbridges? Dogs on chains? Apartment buildings? Like none of these things are in other parts of the USA.

I think you guys just like to complain. Go to the beach and relax.
 
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 AM
 
Location: on an island
13,382 posts, read 40,861,594 times
Reputation: 13244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Wing View Post
Dogs on chains? Apartment buildings? Like none of these things are in other parts of the USA.
I agree, but was just trying to maintain full disclosure and stay on topic.
Quote:
I think you guys just like to complain. Go to the beach and relax.
Check.
But remember, living in a place day-to-day is not the same as vacationing there for a week.
BTW
The dog was not out on his chain today!
 
Old 12-15-2006, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Ocala area in Central FL
627 posts, read 2,617,525 times
Reputation: 333
Muggy, Do you mean NY State or NYC. NYC does not reflect the demographics, cost or quality of living in the rest of that state... I also find it hard to compare the STATE of Florida to a CITY in any other state here in the US.

I know people come here thinking it is a wonderland, especially after vacations or visiting, but it is not the same as your vacation will lead you to believe, nor are many areas of Florida what they where in the past.


It is not a cheap place to live, It is not Paradise on a Daily basis, it takes forever and a day to get anyplace due to traffic and a lot of people would rather bite your arm off than to have grace or patience.

On the traffic note, Christian in right about I-4, it is Horrible. A few weeks back, Some Purplish/black colored Impala filled with some quite intelligent folks, was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, boxing them in, slamming on their brakes and all the other wonderful fun filled animated Arm and Hand gesturing they could muster… Until… one young cowboy decided enough was enough and after he got the chance to pass the Impala took off up the road at quite a clip, a few minutes later, there he was! Truck sideways in the freeway, waiting. The Impala slowed down, the cowboy ran up to the car, jumped up and put both boots through the windshield, hopped off the car, got in his truck and casually drove off. ALL I can say is that the guys in the Impala where LUCKY that they had not met up with another (far worse) fate that day.
 
Old 12-15-2006, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,732,642 times
Reputation: 8837
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
Muggy, Do you mean NY State or NYC. NYC does not reflect the demographics, cost or quality of living in the rest of that state... I also find it hard to compare the STATE of Florida to a CITY in any other state here in the US.

I know people come here thinking it is a wonderland, especially after vacations or visiting, but it is not the same as your vacation will lead you to believe, nor are many areas of Florida what they where in the past.


It is not a cheap place to live, It is not Paradise on a Daily basis, it takes forever and a day to get anyplace due to traffic and a lot of people would rather bite your arm off than to have grace or patience.

On the traffic note, Christian in right about I-4, it is Horrible. A few weeks back, Some Purplish/black colored Impala filled with some quite intelligent folks, was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, boxing them in, slamming on their brakes and all the other wonderful fun filled animated Arm and Hand gesturing they could muster… Until… one young cowboy decided enough was enough and after he got the chance to pass the Impala took off up the road at quite a clip, a few minutes later, there he was! Truck sideways in the freeway, waiting. The Impala slowed down, the cowboy ran up to the car, jumped up and put both boots through the windshield, hopped off the car, got in his truck and casually drove off. ALL I can say is that the guys in the Impala where LUCKY that they had not met up with another (far worse) fate that day.
So true Ocala- I lived there 9 years- I love these people who visit for a week stay in a hotel and say its great-LOL!!!!- Mayfair House in Miami is a beautiful hotel at $800.00 a night- I stayed there and LOVED it. Vacation does not equal real life. Everyone who visits on spring break thinks they will move down there and step into a job-and its paradise. I am going to Hawaii and my travel agent used to live there- I asked him why he moved- he said its hard to make a living-PARADISE has many different sides to it. At least Christian tells the truth.
 
Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,518 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Everyone out to make a buck----lololol so true. Nowhere else wouldd the following happen:

1.) You drive to a Publix parking lot, at the time I had my older Mercedes- a dent on the side. Two undesirables in broad daylight approach - mumbling they fix cars and did I want their help. (They were on some kind of drug).

2.) I worked in Ft Laud. for Florida state mediation; the building had no security (well it did but they were out eating grits) Three individuals gained access to the building riffed through judges paperwork and stole lists of social security numbers.

4. The insignia is ripped off your Mercedes because gangs use it for jewelry.

These are all true-
sunny
Sunny, these are sooooooooo true. I worked in a case of an illegal alien who got picked up by cops for stealing insignias off mercedes!! This happened at the Coconut Palms apt complex in Orlando, off Conroy Road.

Apparently, the Mercedes insignia is a gang symbol.... MS-13 gangs seem to have some wierd stuff like that.

Hey the "I'll fix your car" thing is a s c a m/rip-off. You gotta be careful!! Soemtimes they trick you into giving them your car keys and they steal your house key from the kyechain, run your plate through a database and go to your house and burglarize it. Yikes!!

OMG... you were a state-certified mediator!!?? You must be crazy... specially in these divorce/child custody cases, people threaten the mediators.... I am glad you moved and don't do this anymore, it is a crazy job!
 
Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 330,518 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Man, I'd like to stick the whole lot of you in the middle of Harlem for a few minutes...
Good GRIEF!
Why don't you all move to Mayberry so you can stop whining!
Actually, you all would probably find something to whine about there too!
Sheesh!
Christian - why don't you, uh, m o v e?! That's this thing where you decide to actually DO something about not liking where you live...
Same for your "poor" coworker...
Si, habla ingles. Como se dice "are you racist" en espanol?!
UH..... elfyum.... you must not have seen my other threads, but I just happen to be from Argentina... meaning I am latino. I do NOT agree, however, with people coming to America and forcing their language and culture into other people. I came here, the burden is on ME, the legal immigrant to learn the languahge and adapt to the American culture, not the other way around.

I am moving in March 2007. Thanks for thinking of me.

Usted eres racista? No, a lot of Spanish people are very racist, they hate America, they hate being here... they are just here for work and send money to their countries. FYI, the word "Gringo" means "cracker". FYI, part 2, "gringo" denotes ANY American, and it a term used to denegrate/belittle and offend Americans of all races internationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top